Most annoying thing about squad battles

LuckyMagician
149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I can take the BS on squad battles in the higher difficulties, whatever, I get that they make it hard for you to earn points I accept that. But the one thing that pisses me off is the CONSTANT intercepting of the ball from the opponent. What’s the point of me having great passing midfielders and attackers with 4-5 weak foot attributes if the opposition have mind reading capabilities and intercept the ball all the time.

Comments

• LuckyMagician
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How do they expect me to win if there’s no fluidity in my attacking build up?
  • CharlieC
    6888 posts Big Money Move
    I honestly don't know how anyone can enjoy playing against AI. It will either let you win or make it impossible to win.
  • JURITO1000
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    CharlieC wrote: »
    I honestly don't know how anyone can enjoy playing against AI. It will either let you win or make it impossible to win.
    Very similar to online at the moment if we talking about defence

• CharlieC
    JURITO1000 wrote: »
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Very similar to online at the moment if we talking about defence

Well there isn't much difference you are right. At least you have a human controlling one player which then potentially becomes the weak link but in SB you don't have that.
  • nowayback58
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    What brilliant mind thought it isnt a foul to pull on your jersey every time you counterattack? Oh yes how about when they block a shot from 2m....maybe they should be laid flat on the pitch ! My players fall down for nothing .
  • Liam W
    2591 posts Fans' Favourite
    I just accept the grind for 2 rare mega packs and 30K each week. I hate the gameplay but tolerate it for the rewards.
  • Liam W wrote: »
    I just accept the grind for 2 rare mega packs and 30K each week. I hate the gameplay but tolerate it for the rewards.

+1

Obviously less funny than playing online, but as the reward is a very good one; never forget also that knowing what team you'll face you're able to setup a specific fitness team.

On DR/WL it would mean to heavily increase your chances to lose.
  • CharlieC
    Liam W wrote: »

So you tolerate the boredom for the disappointment of what you get in those packs :lol:
  • It does feel very OP this year! Players never tiring and and then non rare bronze players smashing them in the top bins from 30 yards
  • Brownian_Motion
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 18
    Nobody mentioned the post feast yet? It’s always a pleasure to navigate through midfield and break AI’s defense only to smash the post, or hit the bar from 5m distance to the goal.
  • RayS
    27046 posts Player of the Year
    Most annoying thing for me is the unrealistic ping pong passing the AI does. Oh and the fact that most teams are set up in PTB. Can we at least have the AI get away from this trash??

I have found 3-4-2-1 to be particularly effective against the bunkered AI tho
  • Seandimes
    2472 posts Fans' Favourite
    I dont really play squad battles anymore, but what I hated most was the totally random goals by the AI. You can pull off a defending performance for the ages, until the cpu decides its time to score, and they just bang in a 30 yard screamer from a random rebound.
  • Mathew_Jenkins86
    176 posts Sunday League Hero
    I only play mine to get to elite 1 and collect the 2 x rare mega packs....its not possible to reach the top 100 without using some of the cheats the top 100 use
  • PTB when 2-0 with 20 mins to go, just seems unrealistic
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    I only play mine to get to elite 1 and collect the 2 x rare mega packs....its not possible to reach the top 100 without using some of the cheats the top 100 use

It's possible, just play legendary and win 5-0 every game and you should be top 100
  • Springveldt
    4756 posts National Call-Up
    Stkyfngz wrote: »

It's possible, just play legendary and win 5-0 every game and you should be top 100
    Not if he's on PC.