The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Why can't this game be enjoyed as a casual anymore?

rblue
3172 posts National Call-Up
edited February 2019
Whatever I play, I play players my level or higher. Div rivals, champs on the most part and even online single matches with a bronze bench, I'm playing elite level players every game.

I just want to build a team and enjoy the players against a variety of opponents. But, there's no game mode accommodating this (online tournaments).

Instead, I'm playing cr7 and fb Ibra with 1 bar drop back counter attack every game, and I simply can't enjoy the game. And, as much as the game makes me angry, I'm still addicted and come back and play :(

The gameplay is trash, but if there was more modes accommodating to casual play then maybe this game would have some level of enjoyment.

Do you guys actually enjoy playing the game for the most part when you play? (not the menus) I'm curious if so...

Comments

  • krakos000
    17545 posts World Class
    The point of rivals is to play people your level or higher and WL is the most competitive mode in the game of course you're going to have hard games against try hard. As for singles, fut champs and rivals have ruined that as a mode too because people care more about their record than having fun playing the game. It sucks but it is what it is.
  • rblue
    3172 posts National Call-Up
    krakos000 wrote: »
    The point of rivals is to play people your level or higher and WL is the most competitive mode in the game of course you're going to have hard games against try hard. As for singles, fut champs and rivals have ruined that as a mode too because people care more about their record than having fun playing the game. It sucks but it is what it is.

    Yeah i get that DR and WL should be sweaty, I just don't see why there's no casual modes anymore, especially become an issue now drop back is a thing
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    I enjoy Rivals and WL.
    I would still like a more casual mode.
    Tournaments with small rewards so that the real try-hards don't bother with them.
    Bronze/Silver/Gold Tourneys with little rewards, would make a huge chunk of their customer base happy!
  • ValtorSadek
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    I enjoy Rivals and WL.
    I would still like a more casual mode.
    Tournaments with small rewards so that the real try-hards don't bother with them.
    Bronze/Silver/Gold Tourneys with little rewards, would make a huge chunk of their customer base happy!

    Bronze and Silver leagues/cups would be really welcome again. Would please lots of people who enjoy building fun teams without using the same gold+ cards over and over.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26247 posts Player of the Year
    WL is my casual mode, I don’t really care what rank I get, I never play all my games and over 50% of my opponents aren’t that great.
  • Kizler
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    I agree and it’s because of the reward system. Although I’m not moaning too much because who doesn’t like free packs?

    They should create a weekly themed mode, Similar to what you can do with kick off, such as head and volley etc and also would welcome modes that encourage silver/bronze players
  • Hippyboy6
    16906 posts World Class
    Short answer is casual people don't spend enough money on the game. The big rewards & ultra competitive modes are there to make you need/want to improve your team to get the extra 2-3 wins to hit the next rank. With EA openly manipulating the market, the only way to do it is through FIFA points (for 90% of the people that play it)
  • Addicksfan
    3340 posts National Call-Up
    rblue wrote: »
    Whatever I play, I play players my level or higher. Div rivals, champs on the most part and even online single matches with a bronze bench, I'm playing elite level players every game.

    I just want to build a team and enjoy the players against a variety of opponents. But, there's no game mode accommodating this (online tournaments).

    Instead, I'm playing cr7 and fb Ibra with 1 bar drop back counter attack every game, and I simply can't enjoy the game. And, as much as the game makes me angry, I'm still addicted and come back and play :(

    The gameplay is trash, but if there was more modes accommodating to casual play then maybe this game would have some level of enjoyment.

    Do you guys actually enjoy playing the game for the most part when you play? (not the menus) I'm curious if so...

    @rblue Agree with what you say....WAAC competitive play is killing this game and spilling over into online singles..I don't mind playing WL and seeing the same team with the same counter tactic again and again, I get it, people want to win to get the best rewards possible and I don't have to play it if I don't want too....However this mentality has crept into online Singles.....as a result any casual mode within Fifa is IMO ruined.....add to that EA deciding to regularly place weekly objectives that everyone sweats for.....then you have no casual mode.......
  • BrentfordFC
    12887 posts Has That Special Something
    WL is my casual mode, I don’t really care what rank I get, I never play all my games and over 50% of my opponents aren’t that great.

    But you’re not great either :trollface:
  • Scutch
    12553 posts Has That Special Something
    I played a guy yesterday and he was 3-1 up and in the 82nd minute he took his players into the corner with the ball and just continued to shield it, making it almost impossible to win back.

    I messaged him after the game saying, "Where is the fun in time wasting like that? There's literally no enjoyment in the game when people have to resort to that for an extra few coins or a pack reward."

    It's so sad to see what Fifa has become and I agree, you can't play this casually anymore because everything is so, so competitive.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    22665 posts Club Captain
    Had fun with a few coin drafts lately. Get to try players and competition varies with quite a few easy games.
  • RandomLhama83
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    rblue wrote: »
    Whatever I play, I play players my level or higher. Div rivals, champs on the most part and even online single matches with a bronze bench, I'm playing elite level players every game.

    I just want to build a team and enjoy the players against a variety of opponents. But, there's no game mode accommodating this (online tournaments).

    Instead, I'm playing cr7 and fb Ibra with 1 bar drop back counter attack every game, and I simply can't enjoy the game. And, as much as the game makes me angry, I'm still addicted and come back and play :(

    The gameplay is trash, but if there was more modes accommodating to casual play then maybe this game would have some level of enjoyment.

    Do you guys actually enjoy playing the game for the most part when you play? (not the menus) I'm curious if so...

    we been over this many times on these forums.. the reason is $$$ cha-ching... ea wants everyone to watch the pros and say "" i wanna be the next gorrilla"" ..... so how do you do that? how do u compete in these utterly ultra competititve modes? by loading up that CC.... max that sucker out. ea style!!! get that full icon team and boom , you can be the next F2 tekkz!!! its all marketing... there no casual mode like a Gold cup for a reason. The casual player must become a hardcore fifa player, in eas eyes. hope that answers your question.
  • McRaven
    5092 posts Big Money Move
    I honestly enjoy WL more than Rivals. Rivals is the most sweaty shitfest that has ever graced this earth. Especially now that the drop back to 1 depth is a thing.

    After work I just want to play a casual game 'cause most of the time I'm too tired to fully concentrate, but find little enjoyment in playing an opponent who acts as if his life depends on this one game.

    I really love building a team and improving, but I can only see it getting more competitive every year. I think a tournament style mode would be good.
  • Glass0nion
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    I wish i could post gifs.

    To quote Herm Edwards: "You play to win the game."

    Tough to play casually when everyone wants to win. Combine that with money on fifa points and virtual currency and casual play goes out the window.
  • rblue
    3172 posts National Call-Up
    Had fun with a few coin drafts lately. Get to try players and competition varies with quite a few easy games.

    yeah drafts are great. and the start of fut champs.
  • Yoshi
    3782 posts National Call-Up
    Delay and lag. I rarely had any issues 5 years ago. Now with all the technological advances, i somehow am having a worse experience. Makes sense. No logical reason my MLS bronzes from fifa 13 turn better than players on fifa 19. Call it whatever you want but these dedicated servers are the huge issue imo. Also need to bring back bronze ifs, silver ifs and bronze and silver cups
  • rblue
    3172 posts National Call-Up
    Yoshi wrote: »
    Delay and lag. I rarely had any issues 5 years ago. Now with all the technological advances, i somehow am having a worse experience. Makes sense. No logical reason my MLS bronzes from fifa 13 turn better than players on fifa 19. Call it whatever you want but these dedicated servers are the huge issue imo. Also need to bring back bronze ifs, silver ifs and bronze and silver cups

    Game was so much better when silver and bronzes played up to the level of elie cards but I guess it's bad for business.
  • Antparry92
    18447 posts World Class
    One word answer- rewards
  • Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    Every game mode is casual if YOU want it to be. If YOU only care about winning it won’t be casual. If YOU don’t care about winning it becomes casual.

    It’s difficult, but you’ll only truly have fun on this game if YOU forget about the result. Comes down to whether YOU want fun gameplay or competitive gameplay.
  • Khangaskhan17
    3953 posts National Call-Up
    WL is my casual mode, I don’t really care what rank I get, I never play all my games and over 50% of my opponents aren’t that great.

    This! I’ve accepted that I’m a G3-G1 player and I refuse to join the 4231(1) meta madness, which is annoying because I was using 4231 long before it was popular but have had to steer away cause it’s not fun to be a part of the herd.

    Anyway, it’s more fun to not care where I finish just so I can players like David Silva. Never finish my games anyways so might as well try out different setups and enjoy football.
Sign In or Register to comment.