The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

EA manipulate the market and are caught.

Comments

• Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    List some prime icon moment Geoge Best's for 1.5M lads
  • DarthGrowler
    15367 posts World Class
    Shane wrote: »
    List some prime icon moment Geoge Best's for 1.5M lads

Or 1 mill lol
  • Blackpoolmonster
    4014 posts National Call-Up
    See this isn’t a surprise I’ve known they have done it for years when I used to make loads on legends and sat at 59 minutes.

The issue here is that they are not adding 2 Prime Gerrards or 3 baby eusabios at three in the morning, they are mass listing cards to force the price down or to shaft investors.

It probably wouldn’t be an issue but if people buy points with money that’s then transferred into coins to buy players, surely there’s something shifty in that in itself?

That living organism waffle, it’s an organism they are clearly manipulating HARD, and if they are doing that they are only doing so the end result means they make money on points.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    And then they release a League SBC Delaney. No coincidence.

I don't mind it too much though.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26344 posts Player of the Year
    Well at least list some extinct silvers
  • RandomLhama83
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    For years and years we all suspect and probably accept that EA flood the market with cards from time to time. Flair FIFA just saw over 1,000 BVB Kagawa get listed for 1.1k at the same time.

Obviously very difficult to do for people not EA as, we can only re list (allowing for the listing to be at the same time 100 cards) and Kagawa isn’t even in packs.

honestly who cares about the market when the gameplay is broken as sht?
  • Milner
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite

I don't see how this directly links. It could have been any Bundes player and would still have required a full Dortmund team.

• Whoman
    5673 posts Big Money Move
    Milner wrote: »

I don't see how this directly links. It could have been any Bundes player and would still have required a full Dortmund team.

And you don't even remotely need Kagawa.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    he should've checked the issue dates
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class

No they do this because they know the 83 and 84 prices are out of control.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    14288 posts Has That Special Something
    We all knew this happens anyway though it's always good to have confirmation I suppose.
  • Futfanatic
    14715 posts World Class
    I saw it with Di Maria yesterday, I had invested in him so I was checking his price regularly. His price was creeping up to 10k and suddenly there were hundreds and hundreds all at the exact same time for 9.1k. Nobody can relist so many cards at the exact same second. Its not the first time I’ve seen it either.
  • JohnDoe
    11332 posts Has That Special Something
    hayhor1 wrote: »

What? The price of 83-rated cards isn’t out of control.
  • Hippyboy6
    16906 posts World Class
    It wouldn't surprise me at all, probably breaking their own TOS by doing it so hopefully they'll ban themselves. Ridiculous to manipulate the market for a game that players spend millions of pounds on.
  • EddieFicio
    22133 posts Club Captain
    hayhor1 wrote: »

Hardly.

They do this because they expect them to go higher with the otw sbc.
  • ccooaattssyy
    9627 posts League Winner
    Andy gets shafted for having an easy to remember name :D:D
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    Andy gets shafted for having an easy to remember name :D:D

:D
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    edited February 2019
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    he should've checked the issue dates

Didn't EA get rid off them

Always wondered why they got rid off it..
  • BSDShoes
    2946 posts Fans' Favourite
    I was hunting for IF Hector back in Nov for days since he was extinct and noticed about 100 of them appeared at once for 50K all first owners that was an obvious sign.
  • Tootrill22
    1709 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me at all, probably breaking their own TOS by doing it so hopefully they'll ban themselves. Ridiculous to manipulate the market for a game that players spend millions of pounds on.

Over and over again they don't surprise.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26344 posts Player of the Year
    It’s worrying how much control they actually have on this ‘living organism’.
  • Shshj
    4420 posts National Call-Up
    Like people have said, this is nothing new.

At least they've been caught red-handed this time though, people can't possibly deny it any longer.
  • Caiden
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Should be more concerned with how many Federal Banks print money when they need, those 'living organisms' are manipulated in far more serious ways.
  • Anythingadam142
    311 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 2019
    Jesus that's madness :O

P.s. Hi Flair FIFA
  • LordJameslondon
    158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA - Please don't close this thread.

Wait a second, I'm not a big fan of EA but I hate being held hostage to price-fixers and D***s that hoard high rated cards to screw us during SBCs.

I, for one, am really happy if EA floods the market with additional cards and effs up these price-fixers.

Gentlemen, this is a football sim with a bit of trading thrown in; get some perspective; it's really sad to see people waste so much time trading and price-fixing.
  • RandomLhama83
    10098 posts Has That Special Something

Wait a second, I'm not a big fan of EA but I hate being held hostage to price-fixers and D***s that hoard high rated cards to screw us during SBCs.

I, for one, am really happy if EA floods the market with additional cards and effs up these price-fixers.

Gentlemen, this is a football sim with a bit of trading thrown in; get some perspective; it's really sad to see people waste so much time trading and price-fixing.

i dont understand how u can blame them... the gameplay is unplayable, delayed, broken, randomized... no one wants to play this game anymore other than pros with P2W superteams with huge advantages over everyone else, not to mention they also only play home games when the avg player just goes into a game because no one wants to waste 20 minutes trying to find a game. EA has turned the game into a moshpit of misery... So now most ppl just trade as this game is no longer fun... Anyone who else is doing other things to not play this game is doing themselves a favor imo.
  • Hippyboy6
    16906 posts World Class

You think EA do this to stop price fixing? :joy::joy::joy:
  • Ning
    994 posts Professional
    It's kind of necessary, day 3 of a 9 day promo and 84s are 6k, everything else inflated the same, people clearly aren't adding enough cards to the market so EA has to. Much bigger problems in the game.
  • LordJameslondon

i dont understand how u can blame them... the gameplay is unplayable, delayed, broken, randomized... no one wants to play this game anymore other than pros with P2W superteams with huge advantages over everyone else, not to mention they also only play home games when the avg player just goes into a game because no one wants to waste 20 minutes trying to find a game. EA has turned the game into a moshpit of misery... So now most ppl just trade as this game is no longer fun... Anyone who else is doing other things to not play this game is doing themselves a favor imo.

I don't get it; what is your objective after trading and making coins? Play the game with better players or just feel good about making virtual currency?
  • LordJameslondon
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »

You think EA do this to stop price fixing? :joy::joy::joy:

It doesn't matter, a great side-effect is hyper-traders and price-fixers get screwed. When I do an SBC, I don't want to see cheap players suddenly going for 10 times their normal rate.