FB David Luiz Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Ian_Ando08
    7290 posts League Winner
    @MaddMike3711 they work together competed canna the night he came out and they compliment each other perfectly
  • SomeNextGuy
    2375 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sold my team, but I'm keeping the Militao and Luiz CB combo. Never tried Neymar and Mbappe, so going to get them and make a cheap team around the four Brazillians, I'm losing the will to play this game so hopefully they might rejuvenate things...
  • TimRUFC
    3219 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 3
    Didnt do the sbc because i run a Bundes/NOS backline but jesus this guy is a pain in the arse when i come up against him in WL. One of the only cbs ive come up against that consistently beats Ibra in the air. Does leave holes to take advantage of though at times but seems a very good defender. Id play him at cdm if i had him personally but thats just me
  • Jfo88
    22592 posts Club Captain
    When Luiz decides he wants to attack you don’t ask questions you just feed him the ball
    AcidicFreeBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif
  • Jonboyparker
    5032 posts Big Money Move
    holdenwait wrote: »
    12 goals in 80 games now, what a brilliant penalty taker >:)
    jpsblue wrote: »
    my FB David Luiz has 10 goals in 48 weekend league games, all from corners, and none of them near post too. just inswingers :D

make that 12 goals in 52 WL games now.. amazing how many corners he heads home from a simple in-swinger (that i am quite decent at tbh), i don't even control him to aim it directly to him, just whip it in with lots of pace

getting use to his defending style too, and he doesn't even wander up the pitch. so glad i did him

I absolutely love FB Luiz. He s much fun considering the stat of the game. I’ve managed to build a pretty decent team with no icons and mainly Untradables and he is a mainstay.

One issue! I’m useless at corners. How are you scoring so many goals? Luiz has 1 goal in 100 games. I can’t for the life of me score from corners. Even Zlatan doe st score headers. It must be me.

Any tips?
  • EddieFicio
    20641 posts Club Captain
    Will go into an SBC
  • Ian_Ando08
    7290 posts League Winner
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Will go into an SBC

for a player like you i expect no less your team must be insane
  • MaddMike3711
    10765 posts Has That Special Something
    Will go into an SBC
    Blasphemy! How dare you subit the greatest footballer of all time into an SBC. :D

• MaddMike3711
    Also, sorry guys I’ve been sick with the flu the past couple of days. I’ve been feeling awful, but for those wondering if 93 Cannavaro and him work well together, they 100% do!

I’m absolutely loving that pairing so far! :)
  • BrentfordFC
    11149 posts Has That Special Something
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    When Luiz decides he wants to attack you don’t ask questions you just feed him the ball

Did I see a little skill from Luiz there before he hits it? :lol:
  • Jfo88
    22592 posts Club Captain

Cheeky heel to heel :trollface:
  • BrentfordFC
    11149 posts Has That Special Something

Cheeky heel to heel :trollface:

Silky :joy:

Nice goal btw
  • kfcbucket21
    6031 posts Big Money Move
    Been disappointing so gave futswap Jesus a go and genuinely thought Jesus worked better with TOTY Varane. Think the low/high WR is better
  • Zombaria
    18 posts Ball Boy
    edited April 8
    Hello Guys! Nice thread! Been using FB Luiz at CDM and he's beast. I exchange Luiz and Koulibaly FB. Nice combo with Prime Ballack!

9fbf12f36ef598fca4a9b4304d52c687.png
    Post edited by Zombaria on
  • holdenwait
    54396 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Been using him as my lb for 100 games now, soooo good
  • holdenwait
    Will go into an SBC

:s
  • RascalinHere7
    2044 posts Fans' Favourite
    This man is a god at CDM... I don’t think I can replace him tbh, such a dominant force for me.
  • Ian_Ando08
    7290 posts League Winner
    Still brilliant anywhere hes played... CDM/CM/CB doesnt matter hes brilliant
  • Zolifc
    766 posts Semi-Pro
    He is my cb next to pim desailly, very very goid, thinking to buy birthday koulibaly/vvd and swap them ingame, i think he would be great cdm
  • Zombaria
    18 posts Ball Boy
    Zolifc wrote: »
    He is my cb next to pim desailly, very very goid, thinking to buy birthday koulibaly/vvd and swap them ingame, i think he would be great cdm

Believe me: he's a monster there!
  • MaddMike3711
    Since getting Maldini, I’ve been subbing him on at CM for Arthur. He does a fantastic job there!

I’m trying to get him to a minimum of 500 matches played, and I think am around 350 with him atm so not far off. :)
  • Hahahahaydn
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    holdenwait wrote: »
    12 goals in 80 games now, what a brilliant penalty taker >:)
    my FB David Luiz has 10 goals in 48 weekend league games, all from corners, and none of them near post too. just inswingers :D

make that 12 goals in 52 WL games now.. amazing how many corners he heads home from a simple in-swinger (that i am quite decent at tbh), i don't even control him to aim it directly to him, just whip it in with lots of pace

getting use to his defending style too, and he doesn't even wander up the pitch. so glad i did him

I absolutely love FB Luiz. He s much fun considering the stat of the game. I’ve managed to build a pretty decent team with no icons and mainly Untradables and he is a mainstay.

One issue! I’m useless at corners. How are you scoring so many goals? Luiz has 1 goal in 100 games. I can’t for the life of me score from corners. Even Zlatan doe st score headers. It must be me.

Any tips?

He has scored a fair few for me from corners - passing to the first player running to the ball and then crossing it in. Luiz somehow ends up at the back post nodding it in
  • Campino
    26670 posts Player of the Year
    edited April 10
    Much more suited to a CDM for me, he’s been superb

However he will soon be replaced by RTTF Fabinho
  • freakjas
    5191 posts Big Money Move
    I feel like i barely face someone that is using him correctly. Like a lot of people have him in their squad but hes far from being as annoying to me as van dijk etc.
    However hes the best cb ive used. Pulling david luiz outta position to push for the ball is the most effective thing in my defense. Always gets the ball, its crazy.
    But people dont defend manually so maybe thats why lol
  • Psyke
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I know this is a FB David Luiz appreciation thread, but i need a honest opinion from you guys.

1) Do you guys think FB David Luiz is endgame material at the current stage of the game?

2) There is anyone that recently replace him for any of those high rateds CB's (PIM Maldini, PIM Blanc, TOTS De Ligt, TOTS Militão or TOTS Marquinhos), It's worth the upgrade or its a minor thing?
  • holdenwait
    @Psyke maldini, desailly, militao (and most likely de ligt too) would be an upgrade
  • McRaven
    4157 posts National Call-Up
    Psyke wrote: »
    I know this is a FB David Luiz appreciation thread, but i need a honest opinion from you guys.

1) Do you guys think FB David Luiz is endgame material at the current stage of the game?

2) There is anyone that recently replace him for any of those high rateds CB's (PIM Maldini, PIM Blanc, TOTS De Ligt, TOTS Militão or TOTS Marquinhos), It's worth the upgrade or its a minor thing?

Of those I've used PIM Blanc and Militao. They are both miles better than Luiz. Also playes with FS De Ligt and think he's better too.
  • Jonboyparker
    5032 posts Big Money Move
    Psyke wrote: »

FB Luiz was playing until last week. Tots Militao took his place and a is much better. That’s just how the game works. Everntully a better player will come along.

Luiz can still be good though. He’s the first on for a red card and always on my bench. It’s just with tots players and more coins he was bound to become outdated. He can still hold his own and is worth a space if you need other upgrades but Militao was only 850k 😢 it was a no brainer
  • Psyke
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Thank you guys!
  • MaddMike3711
    Since he’s been rereleased, I think it’s only fair to bump this. :sunglasses:

Also hit 500 matches with him this past WL. :)