FB David Luiz Appreciation Thread

Comments

• o0OainavO0o
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    Finally got to play some games, he keeps missing headers from corners but he has scored a free kick for me and I never score on those...
  • jpsblue
    3779 posts National Call-Up
    ok so played with him for the first time in my first 5 WL games just then, instead of NIF Ramos. I put him at RCB in dynamic tactics cause i have Marcelo on the left

anyway first game, he completely misses a header that he didn't even need to jump for, EAIDS style, and i concede and lose the game. lost 4-2 anyway

however the next 4 games, man he is such a beast. he runs at defenders and turns so much quicker than Ramos, sticks a foot in and wins the ball most the time. i'm a tackler with my defending (concede a fair few pens because of this), but i've just learnt not to tackle with him in the box

so far so good after those 5 games. also scored a thumping header off a corner in my second game
  • Jonboyparker
    5037 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 22
    Beast mode activated!!! I just like watching him run around the whole pitch :D

Hes a upgrade to Sol Campbell for sure
  • jpsblue
    Beast mode activated!!! I just like watching him run around the whole pitch :D

Hes a upgrade to Sol Campbell for sure
    Yeah I’m surprised at well he roams and chases around the pitch. Even did that fake shot dribble thing with him and took on 2 players cause my opposition didn’t think I would do it with a CB 😂
  • Skinner249
    387 posts Sunday League Hero
    Skinner249 wrote: »
    Been playing him in CDM behind Scholes and infront of POTM VVD and FS Gomez, it's solid! As for chem styles, I've gone with engine so he's nicely balanced.

Does he last the whole game? Considering the same thing.

Sorry just seen this, stamina is an issue if you go into ET, but I use press on possession loss. I also keep possession so I preserve his energy somewhat.
  • jpsblue
    my FB David Luiz has 10 goals in 48 weekend league games, all from corners, and none of them near post too. just inswingers :D
  • Ian_Ando08
    7307 posts League Winner
    jpsblue wrote: »
    my FB David Luiz has 10 goals in 48 weekend league games, all from corners, and none of them near post too. just inswingers :D

He scored a 30 yard screamer for me last night he's too much fun as a cm
  • jpsblue
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »

literally next game i wrote that, he scored his 11th goal for me from outside the box to win 2-1 in stoppage time. i **** love him
  • Ian_Ando08
    7307 posts League Winner

literally next game i wrote that, he scored his 11th goal for me from outside the box to win 2-1 in stoppage time. i **** love him

Amazing player mate anyone who didn't do him missed our big time best flashback since ibra tbh
  • Jonboyparker

Amazing player mate anyone who didn't do him missed our big time best flashback since ibra tbh

Have to agree. Of course there is better players but value wise... he is up there with the best for sure. Him at VVD running the show. I like moving him up field later on in the game
  • Arsenalfan97
    7592 posts League Winner
    Luiz has like 15 goals in 70 games from corners for me insane considering I have zlatan and usually aim for him.
  • MaddMike3711
    10801 posts Has That Special Something
    Luiz has like 15 goals in 70 games from corners for me insane considering I have zlatan and usually aim for him.
    Same! Mine has a little over 100 matches and I think 10 goals, all from corners. :D
    Like @SupaNoodle1990 said, watching him fly through the air is one of my favorite things this year!

I also sold off my TOTY Ramos, and ironically he is working soo much better with Prime Nesta. Nesta just sits back and allows David to run around like the wild man he is. :D
  • FrankFrank
    1883 posts Play-Off Hero
    Same! Mine has a little over 100 matches and I think 10 goals, all from corners. :D
    Like @SupaNoodle1990 said, watching him fly through the air is one of my favorite things this year!

I also sold off my TOTY Ramos, and ironically he is working soo much better with Prime Nesta. Nesta just sits back and allows David to run around like the wild man he is. :D

And same :D 83 games and 8 goals. All from corners. Aiming for Zlatan every single time.

Partnering him with prime Baresi and sounds like the Nesta combination works exactly the same. Baresi sits back and Luiz is running around tackling everything / winning balls everywhere. Amazing defender.

Looking to partner him with moment Blanc / Desailly.
  • Manutelli
    18214 posts World Class
    Used him at CB and CDM. He is much better as a CB, or at least he is for me. Having him next to Blanc.

MkPHZVh.png

Great at intercepting and bullying players of the ball. He is not POTM Virgil's level but he is really good.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    I wanted to use him at cdm, but he’s too good at CB.
  • MaddMike3711
    FrankFrank wrote: »

And same :D 83 games and 8 goals. All from corners. Aiming for Zlatan every single time.

Partnering him with prime Baresi and sounds like the Nesta combination works exactly the same. Baresi sits back and Luiz is running around tackling everything / winning balls everywhere. Amazing defender.

Looking to partner him with moment Blanc / Desailly.
    Yeah it’s really weird that him and the best CB in the game didn’t work all that well together, but I’m glad I made the switch and unleashed the beast. :D
  • MaddMike3711
    I’ve used him a couple of times at CDM, he’s pretty good but he’s a lot better at CB imo.
  • Jonboyparker
    I’ve used him a couple of times at CDM, he’s pretty good but he’s a lot better at CB imo.

He’s a mad man at CB! Crazy but good. Such a fun card even though he runs up field :D
  • holdenwait
    54436 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    12 goals in 80 games now, what a brilliant penalty taker >:)
  • jpsblue

make that 12 goals in 52 WL games now.. amazing how many corners he heads home from a simple in-swinger (that i am quite decent at tbh), i don't even control him to aim it directly to him, just whip it in with lots of pace

getting use to his defending style too, and he doesn't even wander up the pitch. so glad i did him
  • GL
    5899 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 3
    imagine being the sucker that was on the fence, ultimately not doing the sbc and now a week later completely regrets his choice as the card fits into the new team perfectly and he's currently having a CB crisis :) :)
  • NDJ591
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    He makes so many mistakes since one week for me
  • DutyHarry
    4873 posts National Call-Up
    He's always been making more mistakes for me than my Militao FS (which reminds me a lot of a way better regular Varane), due to his agression I think, but if you use him well he's such a bully for attackers. :D
  • GL
    5899 posts Big Money Move
    GL wrote: »
    imagine being the sucker that was on the fence, ultimately not doing the sbc and now a week later completely regrets his choice as the card fits into the new team perfectly and he's currently having a CB crisis :) :)

especially when i had all the squads built with cards in the club and just had to buy a john stones :)
  • MaddMike3711

especially when i had all the squads built with cards in the club and just had to buy a john stones :)
    Lol, that’s quality! :joy:

300k for that card was such a bargain. He would probably be twice that on the market.
  • MaddMike3711
    Anywhoo ladies and gents. I’m in the middle of completing Canavarro, I’m submitting Nesta for it. Will let everyone know how they work together. :)
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Anywhoo ladies and gents. I’m in the middle of completing Canavarro, I’m submitting Nesta for it. Will let everyone know how they work together. :)

I like that, Luiz is my favourite CB this year and Fifa 17 Cannavaro is my favourite of all time.
  • MaddMike3711

I like that, Luiz is my favourite CB this year and Fifa 17 Cannavaro is my favourite of all time.
    Thanks buddy! Was going to get TOTY VVD to pair with him but I can always snag him later. I essentially did Nesta for SBC fodder so this seems like the perfect time to use him.

Only other ones I’ll be tempted by are a 93 CAM Rivaldo and the Figo one. :)
  • jpsblue

yes please let me know. i have a prime tradable hierro next to my FB Luiz, and although Hierro has been very good for me, a lot of people do rave about this moments Cannavaro card
  • kfcbucket21
    6043 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 3
    good header of the ball but does seem to be out of postion a bunch. still an upgrade on umtiti though