Absolutely livid! Coins deleted from account

Comments

• lIlIlIlIlIl
    3615 posts National Call-Up
    JRM1984 wrote: »
    The guy bought 4000 of a single card - I would class having his coins wiped as "stupid tax".

Only in an Orwellian world. Imagine getting your assets wiped from massinvesting in stocks in a legitimate enterprise; then get some **** coming up with a falsifiable inference to somehow justify such sanction.

Plenty of those people on this forum though.
  • JRM1984
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The guy bought 4000 of a single card - I would class having his coins wiped as "stupid tax".

Only in an Orwellian world. Imagine getting your assets wiped from massinvesting in stocks in a legitimate enterprise; then get some **** coming up with a falsifiable inference to somehow justify such sanction.

Nearly as bad as some **** comparing a computer game with real life.
  • Zakury
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    edited February 18

Nearly as bad as some **** comparing a computer game with real life.

Yeah because, spending months legitimately grinding the market to accumulate a pretty penny to stay competitive, just to be taken away in an instant by a false flag from a jerry-rigged algorithm designed to screw the casual player over sideways for them to resort to FIFA points, constitutes a stupid tax.

Let's all smarten up and buy FIFA points! This has been working great so far, right?
  • SyedWA
    460 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I feel some of my coins weren't transferred either!
  • Mrhey31
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    Zakury wrote: »
    dabeags wrote: »
    Love to see these threads, you price manipulate the market and wonder why you get banned LOL

That’s nonsense, he isn’t manipulating the market.

If he had 80 million coins and was making some card extinct then yes, he’d be manuipulating.

@dabeags obviously EA disagree? he's price-fixing so hard that his account is flagged for coin buying lol of course it's toxic for the economy

Lol, what are you talking about? How is he price fixing?

I’m sure you were the guy telling everyone to invest in certain cards a while back which didn’t work out and you lost a fair amount of coins. Why is that any different?

That Guy was me , and i Made a ton with those investments.
  • PeeGeeBee
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Kevin wrote: »
    I see people saying they never heard people getting their coins back, now let me tell you I did get them back and an e-mail from EA saying sorry for the coinwipe. I simply emailed the CEO to tell my story and within a few days my coins were back. You can try desame if they still say the coinwipe was valid you’ve at least did all you could do.

Cheers for the advice. Which email address did you write to?
  • Zakury
    PeeGeeBee wrote: »
    Kevin wrote: »
    I see people saying they never heard people getting their coins back, now let me tell you I did get them back and an e-mail from EA saying sorry for the coinwipe. I simply emailed the CEO to tell my story and within a few days my coins were back. You can try desame if they still say the coinwipe was valid you’ve at least did all you could do.

Cheers for the advice. Which email address did you write to?

@PeeGeeBee </sarcasm>
  • PeeGeeBee
    VagisilFC wrote: »
    Price Fixing. Pretty straight forward you would think.

Price fixing is when you buy up a player to ALTER or FIX a players price.

If a card is 1.3k before i buy them, and then 1.3k arter i buy them then I havent fixed any prices.

If that player then increases in price, and i sell at that price, i STILL havent fixed or altered the price.

The price of the player at 1.3k was not altered by me, and neither was the card at 2.5k fixed by me.... The price was set by the market due to an sbc.

Look up the laws of supply and demand.

You removed the supply of an item from the market and reintroduced it at a higher price once a guaranteed demand was present. Price fixing is based on the control of supply for a demanded item.

I never removed the supply of the card... I never even altered the price.

Kepa was 1.3 when i bought him... He was still available in the thousands at 1.3 when i stopped buying him.

His price rose independantly of me due to the cech sbc.

I then sold at the price THE MARKET had set.

No price was altered, no supply was removed, no prices were inflated or undercut.

There was ZERO price fixing or manipulation of the market
  • did you fail a captcha and that's how they got ya ?
  • Zakury

If a card is 1.3k before i buy them, and then 1.3k arter i buy them then I havent fixed any prices.

If that player then increases in price, and i sell at that price, i STILL havent fixed or altered the price.

The price of the player at 1.3k was not altered by me, and neither was the card at 2.5k fixed by me.... The price was set by the market due to an sbc.

You removed the supply of an item from the market and reintroduced it at a higher price once a guaranteed demand was present. Price fixing is based on the control of supply for a demanded item.

Kepa was 1.3 when i bought him... He was still available in the thousands at 1.3 when i stopped buying him.

No price was altered, no supply was removed, no prices were inflated or undercut.

@PeeGeeBee you still haven't explained how you traded 4,000 of them!
  • PeeGeeBee
    Seandimes wrote: »
    Seandimes wrote: »
    EA is really discouraging trading this year, since all the methods of making a lot of coins by trading put you at the risk of getting banned. If thats intended by EA or not is up to your judgement.
    If you did nothing wrong, you ll probably get your coins back, but its a long process
    He bought 4,000 Kepa cards and wonders why he got banned? That's ripping the arse out of the unassigned pile glitch (which EA should really fix since their web devs have already done on the companion app). Yet again EA sending out mixed messages about the game.

Yea like I said, if you do smth like this, you should know that theres a high risk of getting banned. I doubt it as anything to do with the unassigned pile, it just looks like coin buying. I also doubt thats the whole story, but thats besides the point.

EA just need to clearly state what is and isnt allowed on the market. Last FIFA I made a lot of coins buy selling cards to lazy buyers. Buy at normal market price, list at double the price. Got my coins reset for that and a transfer market ban that got eventually lifted. Same thing probably happend to OP.

Definitely not coin buying mate.. it was the kepa and Hradecky that did it, and that is the whole story.

Other than that all player bought and sold have been at market value.

I even sold my 4m worth of bundes and italian teams at a slight loss overall because I knew i would easily cover that with the Kepa trades so it was worth it to run an untradable team for a few weeks in anticipation of a repeatable TOTW SBC.

I lucked out (or not as the case may be lol) when Cech sbc dropped and kepa flew in value.
  • PeeGeeBee
    AlbinoXI wrote: »
    munchie63 wrote: »
    LOL

the dude joins in Dec and his only contributing posts are 'help me everyone'

great contribution to the board mate

btw nah. no sympathy in these situations.

I bet you sat on dozens of Cardiff defenders too waiting for that price increase

I didn’t even consider he might of had Cardiff players too, I stand by suspicion he’s a bad egg

The bad egg would be the person that incorrectly assumes a nasty thing about someone they do not know...

Sounds like I am not the 'bad egg'

Il sum this up for you as clearly you can’t grasp the situation you’ve abused a glitch to get 1000s of kepa.

You now don’t like the fact you’ve been punished.

Before you say it’s not a glitch try to buy a player or do anything on the companion app with more than 5 items unassigned......

Please @ me when you’ve tried the above and il take two minutes out of my day to read your apology

Go into the game... Buy lots of players... Go to unassigned pile.... Back out... EA put a message ASKING if you want to back out and deal with the items later.

EA then allow you to GO TO THE MARKET and PURCHASE more players.

If you think that is a glitch then you must be new to gaming.

If EA only allowed us to have a certain number of items unassigned then they could simply have removed the ability to buy more players when your unassigned pile is full..... They havent

If EA didnt want you to leave the unassigned page without dealing with the items... They wouldnt out a message asking you if you wanted to back out.

Your lack of comprehension will get no apology from me

Yet on the companion app it’s strictly prohibited, if it wasn’t against their terms or they feel you’ve acted within their terms of service where are your coins ?

A couple of days ago two pokemon go youtubers made the news because they had they entire channels shut down because youtube FALSE FLAGGED videos they made several years ago that have had hundreds of thousands of views as inappropriate content containing minors...

So clearly automated algorythms can make MASSIVE errors

So to quote you... If their content was safe (which it was)... Where was their channels?
  • PeeGeeBee

List 100... When they sell list another 100

Pretty simple concept
  • PeeGeeBee
    lukey200 wrote: »
    did you fail a captcha and that's how they got ya ?

Had one capcha and passed it
  • Zakury

Pretty simple concept

@PeeGeeBee that cant be true because you said you bought 4,000 for 1.3k and sold them all for 2.8. Your method would only work if you held the 4,000 for a while
  • OZero
    5618 posts Big Money Move
    I never tried the unassigned method. Is it possible to buy and put more cards to the unassigned till it reach 4000 something?

If that’s the case, the unassigned pile only prevent you from drawing more packs?
  • Guvnor
    1285 posts Professional
    In hindsight should of brought some high end players to keep the money in there, then if you get coin wipes you just sell the players. Hindsight is a beautiful thing though!
  • PeeGeeBee

Pretty simple concept

@PeeGeeBee that cant be true because you said you bought 4,000 for 1.3k and sold them all for 2.8. Your method would only work if you held the 4,000 for a while

Only held them about 4 days.

I had 2 teams worth 4m coins that i have built up over the year by putting £150 fifa points near the start of the game and then trading discard informs and OTW cards.

Several times per year EA release TOTW repeatable SBCs that require 83 rated teams. When they do that 83 rated players rise in value by 1k or so.

I knew that one was likely to be coming so i sold both my bundes and serie A teams about 4 days before and started mass buying kepa over that 4 days.

In the meantime i played rivals and weekend league with an untradable team.

EA released the petr cech SBC and Kepa jumped from 1.3k to 2.5k-3k so i started listing them all.

I would list 100... They would sell within minutes and then i would repeat.

After doing that for a bit i would play a match, then list some more.

After several days of doing that i had sold all my kepa and turned 4m into 8m.

All happened in less than a week because I expected a TOTW SBC requiring 83 rated players to drop. Luckily the Cech sbc came even sooner and kepa proved to be the perfect fit for it.

Two days later... Im coin wiped lol
  • GoodnightIrene
    3468 posts National Call-Up
    While I agree the OP ‘technically’ hasn’t done anything wrong, you used an exploit and it is clearly written in the TOS afaik all though not wrong, that can be a bannable offence, so this definitely isn’t a coin wipe for no reason.
  • JRM1984
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    To buy and hold 4000 of a card is deliberate price manipulation. Basic economics - if you restrict supply price will rise...
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    There would have been a very simple fix to prevent that from EA.. just don't allow unlimited players on the unassigned pile. This breaks the market on so many levels..

Would help tons with the market if they would just fix that glitch.

@EA_Andy
  • munchie63
    2981 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 21
    Momus wrote: »
    Oh my god some people are thick on here

OP, you have rights and can demand a binding arbitration and EA will pay all legal fees.

ah. barrack room layers arrived

It’s in their TOS, not trying to be a smartass at all, just trying to help out OP

Also I’m currently in training, so yes not qualified yet, but soon. What’s your occupation?

If I say I flip burgers and offer you to go large would that make your arguement better ?

I don't BTW

You are yet to list a SINGLE thing i have done that is against terms of service

Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.

I think becuase you bought that many of one player in that space of time EA will thing you used a bot.

that or you sat there literaly for hours on end, mass bidding. Which in itself gets you a temp ban

either way I cba you're account, not mine

Take that Cardiff hoarding however you like too mate. If you thought it was aimed around Salas it wasnt. Its about people holding Nurnnurg, cardiff, empoli players waiting for the 10k BIN to increase to 30k. how much profit do people need.
  • xCDHx
    376 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’ll represent you in court for 100k coins per hour 👍
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    Oh my god some people are thick on here

OP, you have rights and can demand a binding arbitration and EA will pay all legal fees.

ah. barrack room layers arrived

It’s in their TOS, not trying to be a smartass at all, just trying to help out OP

Also I’m currently in training, so yes not qualified yet, but soon. What’s your occupation?

If I say I flip burgers and offer you to go large would that make your arguement better ?

I don't BTW

You are yet to list a SINGLE thing i have done that is against terms of service

Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.

I think becuase you bought that many of one player in that space of time EA will thing you used a bot.

that or you sat there literaly for hours on end, mass bidding. Which in itself gets you a temp ban

either way I cba you're account, not mine

Take that Cardiff hoarding however you like too mate. If you thought it was aimed around Salas it wasnt. Its about people holding Nurnnurg, cardiff, empoli players waiting for the 10k BIN to increase to 30k. how much profit do people need.

Around 40M, for an ultimate team. It's a tough world out there.
  • PeeGeeBee
    edited February 22
    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that wished me well, wished me sympathy, offered me advice or constructive criticism.

To all the people that doubted me or accused me of autobuying or purchasing coins.. shame on you.

Just logged in around a week later to find my coins fully restored and the flag wiped.

For people interested I protested my innocence and raised a complaint on my case.

I also tweeted EA_Corey, EA_Zaro and EA_Andy on twitter and linked them to this post asking to help me. Not sure whether it was the tweet or complaint that resolved it.

Either way i am very thankful and for the record I will not be risking mass buying again... It isnt worth the hassle.
  • hayhor1
    14638 posts World Class
    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that wished me well, wished me.sympathy, offered me advice or constructive criticism.

To all the people that doubted me or accused me of autobuying or pirchasing coins.. shame on you.

Just logged in around a week later to find my coins fully restored and the flag wiped.

For people interested I protested my innocence and raised a complaint on my case.

I also tweeted EA_Corey, EA_Zaro and EA_Andy on twitter and linked them to this post asking to help me. Not sure whether it was the tweet or complaint that resolved it.

Either way i am very thankful and for the record I will not be risking mass buying again... It isnt worth the hassle.

How many reports did you make?

@Pepe Le DiLzZ
  • PeeGeeBee
    edited February 22
    Here is an imgur link to the notice i received on my xbox tonight and my coins back in my account

https://imgur.com/a/5aMqWFc

So impressed they resolved it in less than a week... Well worth fighting your case if you are innocent and traded under their t&cs
  • JordVorenholt
    434 posts Sunday League Hero
    good to see it was restored :)
  • PeeGeeBee
    https://imgur.com/a/5aMqWFc
    good to see it was restored :)

Thank you! So happy!!