Icon SBC theory

Alex_cr
4795 posts National Call-Up
So forgetting the hatred for the even more than prime icons I was thinking about the lack of top level icon SBC’s.

We know they are releasing some in packs but what if a couple of the real big ones haven’t been released as SBC’s because they were waiting to release the new ones as one?

Just a theory but perhaps we could be in for something outrageously massive tomorrow...

Comments

• ZiggieTTU
    536 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I keep selling and reinvesting in SBC fodder. Too quiet. Even if we know that madeneas is coming tomorrow... EA wants to “blow us away” and create pack buying frenzy.

I’d guess that we get an enticing icon. Otherwise, hype may get calm until TOTS.
  • Alex_cr
    Yeah I’ve picked up a few IF’s, quite a lot of 85’s. Handanovic is pretty cheap right now so might get a few of him in. Problem is of course it could all blow up in my face.
  • Sterve
    577 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeah maybe even a player pick big icon set is possible. I think it is fairly likely during an icon promo some big icon sbcs will be included. Definitely big prime icons, maybe a prime moment mid tier type one and maybe even a base icon sbc.

It won't have gone unnoticed the ps4 market has been quiet this week. 88, 89 and 90 cards could be a good investment imo
  • Batman442
    3767 posts National Call-Up
    Did ye not read the notes on these icons, it says they will release a few tomorrow and throughout the rest of FIFA.. this icon "promo" if that's what you want to call it will be going on for ages. Tbh I don't want a 94 ronaldinhio if there is going to be a 95 rated one.
  • Eroberto
    1376 posts Professional
    Since they are promoting these new icons, there is no way in hell they throw any of them into an SBC day one. All that does is dilute their value and that takes away from fifa points. If they do drop an SBC it would be for the bottom of the barrel icons like the German keeper.
  • Alex_cr
    So the moments icon SBC didn’t happen yesterday but it’s confirmed as happening as we move forward.

See a lot of comments on this forum saying FIFA are desperate and trying to cash in.... this has been planned from the start, no doubt. Personally I’d have rather we just had standard prime icons but it is what it is.

Don’t think we will see an SBC this weekend but possibly at the end of the week.
  • Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    it's very simple: whatever community expects, the opposite happens
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Alex_cr
    Navraat wrote: »
    it's very simple: whatever community expects, the opposite happens

We expect everything based on previous years. People want things to continue as they have for investment reasons - myself included.

It’s been freshened up this year. When you look at it objectively that’s a good thing. Problem is it’s hard to look objectively when you’ve got so many coins tied up.
  • Alex_cr
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    So the moments icon SBC didn’t happen yesterday but it’s confirmed as happening as we move forward.

See a lot of comments on this forum saying FIFA are desperate and trying to cash in.... this has been planned from the start, no doubt. Personally I’d have rather we just had standard prime icons but it is what it is.

Don’t think we will see an SBC this weekend but possibly at the end of the week.

LOL

Alex you're a good guy

But don't expect a prime moment SBC for another decade

Based on their track record they're not coming any time soon

If they came soon, people would want to spend FP to complete them

But EA have this way of thinking that is wait until people stop playing the game then release prime SBC's, because they for some reason think people will come back and spend $5000 on FP to try grind 5 mil coins from scratch :D :D :D :D: D

Where’s your positivity gone 😂😂😂

Anyway, I think I’ll be proven right on this one. Not sure who they’ll release but Ronaldinho, Ronaldo or Gullit would be the money maker - and none of these have a new card yet.

Trust me, EA are not stupid. They’re coming.
  • Gabbalala
    2923 posts Fans' Favourite
    Isn’t it obvious that the big ones that haven’t come yet are getting a Moments SBC.... I mean come on, have a think. :lol:
  • Alex_cr
    Gabbalala wrote: »
    Isn’t it obvious that the big ones that haven’t come yet are getting a Moments SBC.... I mean come on, have a think. :lol:

The original post was before any confirmation. People expected these to be packs and expected prime icons to still be SBC so were going nuts that they wouldn’t be completing the top icon when doing SBC’s.

By all means disagree with me but don’t be a plank about it. Trying to have a well mannered thread in here is like getting blood out of a stone!