GK traits - Comes For Crosses

fc_tosno
280 posts Sunday League Hero
edited February 2019
I was wondering that this trait has any advantage on crosses or corners.

Does he automatically comes out the goal to get the cross with this trait?

For example: sergio asenjo has this trait.

Has anyone experience with this?

With the latest patch, i receive a lot of goals on crosses and corners.

Will this do any good? Or does the goallie comes out and goes under the cross? :smiley:

EA's explanation of the trait:

GK Comes For Crosses:

[Standard]: A goalkeeper with this Trait will try to intercept a cross even if they think they will get to the ball barely before their opponent.

Comments

• fc_tosno
    No opinions?
  • ZiggieTTU
    556 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If it is working as intended (big “if”) I think that would be a safe assumption. Who knows how it reacts to different crosses, like near post corners.
  • cartyHUNTER
    1421 posts Professional
    Hl sommer has this trait and personally I am not a fan. There is a large chance they miss the ball, or if they do get it they tend to punch it clear rather that catch it, even if catching would be just as easy.
  • RA22Y
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not sure this year. Last year I swapped Buffon for Donnarumma because Buffon had 'stays on his line'. That swap massively reduced the goals I conceded from crosses.

I use Alisson - I don't concede that many from crosses and he seems to punch a lot clear. I'd have to check his traits.
  • fc_tosno
    Hl sommer has this trait and personally I am not a fan. There is a large chance they miss the ball, or if they do get it they tend to punch it clear rather that catch it, even if catching would be just as easy.

that was the thing i feared the most, more errors than saves.
    if they punch the ball away, its always in the same zone and i concede to many rebounds in those situation

I thought this trait would be a solution..
  • dabeags
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am legit curious how people get so many corners scored on them, I haven’t allowed a goal from a corner header in atleast two or three weeks, atleast from what I can remember. I do score one myself every few games though.

Possibly due to my defense being quite tall and effective defending the cross/corner. Generally have Sol Campbell, Kimpembe, FutSwap Guilavogui, and Pogba. I don’t do anything special other than control Pogba on the near post.
  • fc_tosno
    dabeags wrote: »
    I am legit curious how people get so many corners scored on them, I haven’t allowed a goal from a corner header in atleast two or three weeks, atleast from what I can remember. I do score one myself every few games though.

Possibly due to my defense being quite tall and effective defending the cross/corner. Generally have Sol Campbell, Kimpembe, FutSwap Guilavogui, and Pogba. I don’t do anything special other than control Pogba on the near post.

Yes, i had to many small players in my team (butra, best, kante, hazard)

now replaced kante with rijkaard for more power.

I control the first post to with pogba, but when the balls comes to penalty spot. i seems to go in a lot.
    Conceeded 2 or 3 goal a game in last weekend league on corners.

So size does matter :wink: hahaha