Off topic PSN banned

Safehands84
3136 posts National Call-Up
Tried to log onto my account last night but it has been permanently banned. I have no idea why. I emailed sony but wondered if anybody had a similar experience. I have my settings private so never said anyone messages so it can't be for abuse. The only thing I can think of is my subscription ran out a few days ago so I added a new years but can't understand why this would warrant a ban. I really annoyed because I've basically lost 49.99 if they don't reinstate my account

Comments

• Chavez76
    2374 posts Fans' Favourite
    Maybe it got hacked ?
    Guess you have to wait for an answer from Sony to know for sure..
    Adding a year subscription would not make much sense to be banned for ..
  • Safehands84
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    Maybe it got hacked ?

Thanks for the reply. I'll wait for the email couldn't phone last night as they were closed.

Reading it online it seems the decision is final and right of appeal doesn't exist. Seems unfair when I have no idea.what I've done.

If they won't reinstate my account will this effect my fifa account or will I be ok to start a new account and retrieve my team
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    Maybe it got hacked ?

Thanks for the reply. I'll wait for the email couldn't phone last night as they were closed.

Reading it online it seems the decision is final and right of appeal doesn't exist. Seems unfair when I have no idea.what I've done.

If they won't reinstate my account will this effect my fifa account or will I be ok to start a new account and retrieve my team
    Maybe it got hacked ?

I think you will lose it. Seems strange this, keep us updated how you get on.
  • Chavez76
    2374 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not sure. I always thought your Fifa account was bound to the PSN id, yet I lately on this forum read someone stating it is linked to an origin id?
    Decission is final is 'nice', but it still should tell you why it's banned in the first place?
  • Retro_G
    27333 posts Player of the Year
    edited February 13
    Try the official PlayStation forums, or try directly tweeting @yosp, if you believe you were unfairly banned.
  • Safehands84
    Maybe it got hacked ?

Maybe it got hacked ?

Will do. My lunch break is in 20 minutes they haven't replied to my email so.ill phone them
  • Dazzler
    1821 posts Play-Off Hero
    Maybe it got hacked ?

Maybe it got hacked ?

Will do. My lunch break is in 20 minutes they haven't replied to my email so.ill phone them

As your lunch is only 20 minutes make sure you eat and drink first to ensure your brain is correctly fuelled and you are hydrated so that you are thinking and communicating at your peak.

These are serious times, especially with such a tight food break.
  • Zv1k0
    5758 posts Big Money Move
    Dazzler wrote: »
    Maybe it got hacked ?

Maybe it got hacked ?

As your lunch is only 20 minutes make sure you eat and drink first to ensure your brain is correctly fuelled and you are hydrated so that you are thinking and communicating at your peak.

These are serious times, especially with such a tight food break.

"My lunch break is in 20 minutes..."
  • Safehands84
    On Monday when I added a year subscription, apparently another month was purchased through paypal and then taken back after it was added to my account. Not received anything from paypal but seems bizarre. Anyway the month was placed on my account so I've had to buy a £5 voucher and email them a copy and then they'll reopen my account
  • WS-SCFC-1184
    1217 posts Professional
    I smell ur not telling us the full story as ive been banned b4. So i know for a fact they send u an email telling u the reason u were banned. So ur either not telling us or uve not seen it. So I suggest u go look for that. Or tell us the real reason ur banned?
  • Mini_Miudo
    9949 posts Has That Special Something
    I smell ur not telling us the full story as ive been banned b4. So i know for a fact they send u an email telling u the reason u were banned. So ur either not telling us or uve not seen it. So I suggest u go look for that. Or tell us the real reason ur banned?

Nah, if you buy something and you get it then refund your money, it's an insta ban until you pay it back. As OP said in his last post.
  • Tommygunn
    3127 posts National Call-Up

Also the fact he’s cleared it in the above point makes you look like you decided not to read mainly jump to conclusions