Create own player card in FUT

Danic123
2263 posts Fans' Favourite
What really annoyed me some time back was when they got rid of the card that enabled your own created player to be in FUT.

I’d love to see this item returned. They could do it anyway they like - either achieve certain objectives to improve or spent coins to upgrade. It’d just be a nice feature to be able to add your own player card in the game.

I can’t see any reason as to why this wouldn’t be a good idea. Thoughts?

Comments

• Davisto
    6081 posts Big Money Move
    Would like it tbh it is an arcade game anyway :love:

Inb4 no not with them **** nose afro kids :joy:
  • Danic123
    I mean, no doubt it’d annoy me when some 6’7” tank is smashing them in at the near post, but if everyone has the opportunity I don’t see the drama.

Even if they just allowed for games v the AI or just banned them from WL etc.
  • Ulook92
    12458 posts Has That Special Something
    Id like soemthing like that. But it would have to be objective based as everyone would just pay for a 99 card. Maybe a cap on rating would be good to. Like no higher than 95.
  • Diggy
    13539 posts Has That Special Something
    Can I make my player a 7’2” keeper
  • Danic123
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    Id like soemthing like that. But it would have to be objective based as everyone would just pay for a 99 card. Maybe a cap on rating would be good to. Like no higher than 95.

Everyone can pay for top cards now, but agree on a cap.

I think it’s fair if it was objective based, but you’d have to pay for the next objectives to be released upon achieving the others - for example. That way EA win and we also win.
  • RebelRob
    4965 posts National Call-Up
    The simple answer would be to allow it, but only have the players available in online singles or something and not rivals or wl etc.
  • Milner
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ulook92 wrote: »

Have the caps at intervals too. Like the max it can be goes up month on month.
  • Vignol91
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 30
    Ok nerds. I know this is an old thread but I'm really interested in this feature because it's really fun and adds a whole new element to the game mode. So I'm gonna learn you some knowledge.

Another game has this feature in their ultimate team mode. Now this game is miles ahead of fut, but that's a different story. The point is they have a cap in ut and it works really well. This is how they'd do it if it was transitioned to FIFA:

Start by creating your player, which can be changed at any time. Height, weight, name, cosmetics, all that garbage.

Then there are 6 positions. Fwd, cm, r/l mf, cb, r/l b, gk. Fwd can play st with no punishment same with cm playing cam and cdm. These position players will all advance separately. With different builds like pro clubs already has.

You increase them 3 ways. Playing games and completing tasks, which advance each position separately. But then you use boosts you get on the market which apply for all the players using slots.

Now playing games and completing tasks collect you points towards advancing your player in tiers.
    Ex: Playing 30 games will get you 40 points. Playing 10 online games will get you 15 points. Playing 10 offline games will get you 15 points. Completing x accomplishment will get you 10 points. Stuff like that.
    When you collect x points you will go up in overall:
    25 pts: 67 ovr
    50: 75
    75: 80
    100: 84

Reminder these are position specific and if you want to change position you'll have to do them again with that guy.

You then use the boosts you get in the packs or market, which are also tiered, to get you to say a 92 ovr. (Base Ronaldo is 94)

The kicker is people will say it's like a free 94 overall player. But how it works out in the other game is their are 9 slots for boosts and all the top tier boosts cost like 10k. In that game you can get a 99 ovr player for 100k in the market (your cap is also like a 99 in that game).

So have a boost slot for each of the 6 main attributes, then 1 wildcard slot. Then make them all gold pulls. The different drop rates will make the top boosts expensive on the market. It will balance out.

So you're not really saving money, it's just a fun way of getting another player and EA will still get their money.
    Post edited by Vignol91 on