Truth about Fifa

Energy2099
43 posts Last Pick at the Park
edited February 12
The bleacher report saids it all about this pathetic game.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2819255-fifa-19-re-review-how-ea-broke-its-promising-game.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

They have literally ripped EA apart for such a pathetic game.

This game does not reward you for playing football, but punishes you.

Just today played 3 games and lost 2 for **** reasons.

1st game lost 1-0, with only one shot on target from opponent as opposed to my 25 and 18 on target.

The loss comes from me correctly switch to Prime Maldini, to intercept a through ball. I intercept and retrieve the ball fine, then after 1 second Maldini just falls flat on his **** with no pressure and lunges the ball to my opponents strike for a easy 1v1 and boom its a goal.

But no my Totty Messi, KDB, Ronaldo are missing easy 1v1 chances. Shots hitting the post from 10 yards, skill moving using La Cacrotte skill move to open the space up, with low drivens to the far bottom corners and hitting posts. Opponents keepers are on steroids making incredible saves and my **** Totty De Gea can't save a simple shot.

Second game similiar ****, with a strike from my opponent hitting the crossbar and magically landing back at his feet. In which game does this happen in real life explain this **** to me EA. But no I literally tear my opponents defence appart but can't score easy goals, but my opponent is rewarded for being a **** **** who is scared to attack.

If you've played so many games you can now actually tell when your going to lose and when your opponent is going to score.

This game spoon feeds **** players.

Totty Messi missing sitters, explain to me someone why this crap occurs to better players.

Now they release Icon Informs the Optums Prime version of Icons and can't bothered to fix the game.

This company triggers the **** out of me, and I can't wait till the day they go broke and lose fifa.

EA do us all a favour and please stop developing football games.

Guys feel free to post and comment on this game. Provide evidence/explanation on this **** thats being plaguing this game for years.

Cheers Guys

Comments

• miri
    2556 posts Fans' Favourite
    The players have to take a big portion of the blame too, everyone is so desperate to grind out a win they'll do anything they can to do so. Personally I'd rather lose every game or just not play at all than subject myself to the 1 depth drop back 'meta' **** people think is somehow fun.
  • EricVanDerek
    442 posts Sunday League Hero
    miri wrote: »
    The players have to take a big portion of the blame too, everyone is so desperate to grind out a win they'll do anything they can to do so. Personally I'd rather lose every game or just not play at all than subject myself to the 1 depth drop back 'meta' **** people think is somehow fun.

I (respectfully) am not sure I agree
    That would hold true if we were all playing on a level playing field, using the same players

But we all know that having better players (usually) gives us more wins.

There are three ways of getting better players:
    - P2W
    - trading
    - pack luck
    - finishing better in Rivals / WL (which then is also partly - but not entirely - dependant on pack luck)

I don't buy points, don't have time (or inclination) to trade and my pack luck has been "disappointing" (to put it mildly), so I'm dependant on finishing better in Rivals / WL to get better players.

I prefer getting decent Red Picks and good packs, to getting a single 84 rated player pick and a bronze contract pack, but to do that I need to win some games.

Sure, a big part of that is because I'm crap. But whilst I much prefer to play the way I'd like to, by doing so I'm directly impacting the quality of the players I'm likely to pack, and thus how well I'll do in future competitions.
    It becomes a vicious cycle...

I've said before, I wish that (for instance) one WL per month is played with everyone having the same pool of players to pick from, so we actually get to see who is the better player, not who is the better spender / trader.
  • JV24601
    897 posts Professional

That would hold true if we were all playing on a level playing field, using the same players

- P2W
    - trading
    - pack luck
    - finishing better in Rivals / WL (which then is also partly - but not entirely - dependant on pack luck)

I don't buy points, don't have time (or inclination) to trade and my pack luck has been "disappointing" (to put it mildly), so I'm dependant on finishing better in Rivals / WL to get better players.

I prefer getting decent Red Picks and good packs, to getting a single 84 rated player pick and a bronze contract pack, but to do that I need to win some games.

Sure, a big part of that is because I'm crap. But whilst I much prefer to play the way I'd like to, by doing so I'm directly impacting the quality of the players I'm likely to pack, and thus how well I'll do in future competitions.

I've said before, I wish that (for instance) one WL per month is played with everyone having the same pool of players to pick from, so we actually get to see who is the better player, not who is the better spender / trader.

Hi Eric

Just regarding your better players gives you more wins comment, I have to say I used to think that was the case, but now I think it’s only if you have the real elite level players.

I often experiment in weekend league with different rated teams.
    I’ve used 90 rated squads, 89 and 88 this year, with no weak links in them.
    Every now and then I’ll use a 78 rated squad, or 80 tops, with 4 silvers or common golds in there.
    Guess what...... I get exactly the same results and my silvers run riot just as my icons would have done.

I’ve achieved gold 1 with a 90 squad followed by Gold 1 with a 78 squad the next week.

Bit stupid really and yes, I’m maybe to blame in some people’s eyes, but I know it’s BS from EA
  • EricVanDerek
    Ah... the key word in my sentence was "(usually)"

If you've had the misfortune to read some of my previous posts, you'll know that I do believe the game mechanics are sometimes (but not always) "shifted" to favour a lower-ranked team. Your players lose ability and / or the opposition play as if they're on steroids.

(That's not to say that better gamers won't be able to cope with that, and better rated players won't make a difference over the long term)

But I know this opinion is not widely shared, so I thought I wouldn't reopen the hornet's nest on this thread. (whoops....)

But even if it's true all the time, I'd still rather have the chance to pack better players than not...

Which brings us back to my point disagreeing with @miri 's suggestion that you don't have to play "that way", as it has an impact on other parts of the game.
  • miri
    edited February 12

- P2W
    - trading
    - pack luck

Don't wanna be a **** here, but I'm afraid the salient point is what I bolded. Squad strength makes a much bigger difference at lower skill levels than at higher skill rating. I've built my team organically over the course of the year through trading and I achieve the exact same WL placing (G1 if I play all my games) as I did from the first week. I have an above average team, but I'd win the exact same amount of games as if I had a worse team. To be completely honest with you, I lose far more often to weaker teams than I do to stronger ones. I didn't lose once this WL to a team with icons/CR7 etc, but the games I lost were all teams using standard BPL sweat.

Have to say I agree with your last point, it would be fun and would at the very least allow people to 'put up or shut up' as it were. The amount of times I get messages after I beat someone saying 'I'd crush you if I had your team' etc is silly. Every time I offer them a game on seasons, every time they decline. On the rare occasion they agree, I'm yet to lose.

Player skill > team strength in most situations in my experience, but using dirty/sweaty tactics beats both if the other person isn't doing so.
  • Energy2099
    edited February 12
    It really doesn't matter what type of team you use. The fact that everything is predetermined. Just lost a game to a team thats 82 Rated and I have a Totty/Icon team. Whats the explanation behind this, is it cause I'm bad or is it something else? Why doesn't my team play to each individual players stats, but rather play like a bunch of bronze players?

I then switch to a sweat 81 Rated team and I slap a totty team 6-0. Why is this, didn't change my play style or tactics? I played 6 games and won all six with my joke of a 81 rated team, all averaging at least 4 goals. Alex Teixeira scoring 2 goals per game and out muscling Totty VVD. Does that mean my opponent is ****, of course not.

The logic in this game is terrible and everyone knows that their are mechanics that pre-determine and boost your players stats to make a balance. This is senseless and it defeats the purpose of an ultimate team.

With my Totty/Icon team I struggle to get out of G1, but can reach Elite 3 with my crap 81 rated team. Explain this to me. Its obvious whats in the game. Dont care what EA says or denies, its bluntly obvious.
  • EricVanDerek
    @miri
    I think we're now saying the same things:
    - I'm crap
    - player skill > team strength
    - dirty / sweaty tactics will make it easier to win

It was that last point that I was originally focussing on - if I decide not to do the dirty / sweaty tactics, that will make it harder for me to win games, and thus harder to get better players. Which, given that I'm crap, will make it harder for me to win more games - and so the cycle continues...
  • BGAlum
    599 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The game is rubbish, but we love and enjoy football (soccer).

PES is not bad in reality, but without the licensing, makes it hard to compete.
  • Energy2099
    Thats why we buy Fifa based on the licensing. But I'm going to give PES 20 a go next year. I just want to play football, and non of the ****.

Again, today slapped another high rated team 5-1 with my **** 81 rated brazilian team. Come on guys, this really isn't fair. Its not about wining or losing. Literally every 50/50 battle I won, all rebounds/clearances even passes landed perfectly to my players.

Why is this guys? Why does higher rated/better teams play ****?
  • Chavez76
    1329 posts Professional
    Energy2099 wrote: »
    Thats why we buy Fifa based on the licensing. But I'm going to give PES 20 a go next year. I just want to play football, and non of the ****.

Again, today slapped another high rated team 5-1 with my **** 81 rated brazilian team. Come on guys, this really isn't fair. Its not about wining or losing. Literally every 50/50 battle I won, all rebounds/clearances even passes landed perfectly to my players.

Last times I played my 81 team, I got killed all over by toty / icons. Going back to my normals teams, I started winning again.
    So yeah, maybe it is you, maybe it is not, might even be me playing worse with my 81 squad) but dont make it sound like everyone will notice the same.
    Because that is not the case,
  • miri
    Energy2099 wrote: »

People complain about the exact same things in PES.
  • Duncan1972
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ah... the key word in my sentence was "(usually)"

If you've had the misfortune to read some of my previous posts, you'll know that I do believe the game mechanics are sometimes (but not always) "shifted" to favour a lower-ranked team. Your players lose ability and / or the opposition play as if they're on steroids.

(That's not to say that better gamers won't be able to cope with that, and better rated players won't make a difference over the long term)

But I know this opinion is not widely shared, so I thought I wouldn't reopen the hornet's nest on this thread. (whoops....)

But even if it's true all the time, I'd still rather have the chance to pack better players than not...

Which brings us back to my point disagreeing with @miri 's suggestion that you don't have to play "that way", as it has an impact on other parts of the game.

@Miri is correct- the players have to take some responsibility as no matter what EA did players will still find **** ways to win. Ive seen numerous posts on here where players decide "if I cant beat them join" them rather than learn to beat PTB, constant pressure etc. Its not impossible but it take persistence and learning to play in varied ways, identifying your opponents formations weakness, ball retention, working opposition players out of position etc. Im by no means a top player or have an amazing team but Id rather play football and actually enjoy the game than spam crosses or through balls while countering from PTB- **** me how boring must that be to play that way?!? And boy is it rewarding beating these idiots on your own terms, it also makes losing less frustrating as you are playing the game for the game, not only the win.

EA arent blameless but the game would be a hell of a lot more enjoyable if so many sheep didnt play with a win at all costs attitude, its hardly as if the rewards are that great, and player skill will always be more important than your players. I know as Ive beaten players with teams chock full of icons, but also been absolutely schooled by better players playing with **** teams for objectives.

• Tymsy83
    854 posts Semi-Pro
    I’m personally buying PeS next year and that will be my football fix. EA can crash and burn for this piece of **** they have released
  • Andyw19_88
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have cr7 best hazard etc and been getting spanked team wouldn't work anymore, made a 15k prem team Zaha and vardy up top now I'm smashing crazy teams, players are moving into space dribbling better than best, think its pretty clear this year that there's hidden secrets within the game
  • gutman22
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Maybe thr opposition had a better connection.
  • Only1United
    1229 posts Professional
    The BS and "gambling issues" are becoming more apparent. I honestly think UT will be dead in 2-3 years which really wouldn't bother me, be back playing pro evolution which is much more realistic and licences are obtainable.
  • Energy2099
    edited February 13
    PES is more realistic and has always been way better than Fifa. Every game is going to have issues. No game is perfect, but Fifa is a game that triggers the **** out of me. My top players cant play. Let me tell you something guys, everything is built into the game code. We all blame the servers, but 85% of the issues are code related, as EA builds code upon code, and rather than testing they release a broken game.

Hey I'm not against guys using PTB or Constant pressure, and I know how to beat these guys, but if the game doesn't allow me to play football and my players are old farts and cant pass, then I dont except this BS.

I've called EA out several times but they would rather give me a ban/warning. I recall one of the Programmers in twitter Tom I think and Corey/Zaro turning around and saying Kick Off glitch doesn't exist. This statement alone shows how pathetic they are and their are numerous videos showing this, it even happened at the last event.

So EA practically don't give a ****. Stop playing and watch their bank account lose money, then they will listen. Why do you think they lost Nascar, cause they screwed the game up so much that they lost the license.

EA is a discrace, ans should be shutdown. I bet Epic will develop a much better football game than this pile of trash.
  • BGAlum
    While it is true that EA knows they release a game they know is broken, other companies do that as well. For FIFA they have the annual timeline that they stick to to rake in the money.

This year introduced too many new things vice tweaking/updating and improving last years version possibly?

Does not matter to me at this point. Done with giving my money to EA.
  • Energy2099
    @BGAlum yes the game is a yearly cycle, and EA just focuses on how to milk everyone further. EA now has approximately 7 months to give us a game that works with Fifa 20. Personally I don't care about the new features, and would rather have EA focus their attention on game mechanics, game play, and fixing bugs. For a majority of people in the community this was either make or break for them, and lots of people have stopped playing. I mean they can't event fix simple bugs such as

1. Kick Off Glitch
    2. Player Switching
    3. Position changes in game when switching tactics

The first two have been in the game for years and nothing is done.

Fifa 20 or Fifa 21 will most likely be the last time EA release fifa points. Releasing the game with fifa points from fifa 20, will literally be agains their own TOS, as Belgium now will no longer tolerate or accept loot boxes from games.

Now what does this mean for Fifa 20? Simple EA will make it worse, put more bells and whistles, and the outcome will be worse than Fifa 19. How does a company strive to out do themselves year in-out every year to make a game worse then the previous one. It just baffles me.

Football should be fun to play, this game is a plague. Their is absolute no point in building super teams, they just don't play.

Ask any EA team member and they will shut you down by banning you. Things they said they fixed are not fixed.

Last night with my 81 rated team came across another team rated 83 and had High Depth and constant pressure. The team was running around for the entire game and catching up to my players with zero stamina. Explain this, no stamina but can still catch up to my players.

I smashed the team, but its not the point. EA don't give use pitch notes, with BS diagrams explaining what you've fixed when you clearly dont fix anyhting.

1v1's are still impossible to score, but yet BS rebounds and BS shots still go in. I mean if I've torn your defense apart, and I'm in on a 1v1 situation with Messi/Ronaldo, that **** is a goal to me, but no, the keeper makes the most **** saves.

Passing is a disgrace, the AI will pass where it feels like. Clear chances to do through balls, to open players, but they seem to go to someone that is marked. Or even better, your 3 against 1 on the counter and your striker is making the run but your passing is delayed, your players just slow down and sometimes just magically fall over. Explain this EA, why does this occur.

People are fed up with this and want something that works.

• BGAlum
    @Energy2099 Definitely know that a number of items said to be fixed are not fixed for everyone. Even those that have existed since Beta, it took many months after release of the paid product for there to be any improvement.

I just takes away confidence in the ability to deliver a product worth the price.
  • Lambo91
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
    The player animations itself is broken which is why dribbling is none existent in FIFA so you get punished if you're a FIFA dribbler no matter if you use prime Ronaldinho or 99 TOTY CR7; the silver CB will still take the ball no matter how good you dribble which is part of the broken animations.

Hands down the worst FIFA ever released sitting beside FIFA 18. Then third worst is FIFA 14 in my opinion.

Give me the FIFA 12/13 gameplay in FIFA 20 and 80% of FIFA players will be happy.
  • Energy2099
    Hey I just think EA should personally stop developing Fifa. Only 15% of the gaming community of Fifa plays Ultimate Team, and possibly only 8% of this plays fut champs.

Even in EAs latest fiscal year reports show a decline in purchases of Fifa points and a decline in people purchasing Fifa. The game is simply **** and P2W aspect drives people away.

Look now these Optimus Prime Icons, are now only in packs. How the hell is a casual player going to get one of these even the cheapest one to play? Forget packing one, as normal Prime Icons are difficult to pack. Whats next Sentinel Prime Icons, Icons when they performed and went above and beyond the call of duty. Seriously the company is ficsated on robbing you of your money. But wait and watch MattHD Gamer, Neptehnz, all pack one, and the rest of the community gets the middle finger. MattHD said in his video, that his going to pack at least 1 Optimus Prime Icon. How does he know and how confident can one person get? Where is the fair play as stated in their TOS? How is this fun for everyone, where the casual gamer is completely alienated because their not spending any money?

EA is a bunch of idiots and they can smell the end is near.
  • BernaLeo87
    92 posts Park Captain
    Agree with all of your comments. Game is pure trash RNG fest. Broken & corrupted from head to toe.