So have Ea committed suicide with the new new promo

Pay2Lose
906 posts Professional
edited February 12
I don’t do sbcs and this is exactly why. But lots of people do and I think this is going to be the last straw for most players.

There are so many great games to play now ( if you own a ps4 ). Ea are actually slapping players in the face here. Prime icon moments.. Next it will be “ could have been a great player but didn’t quite make it moments”. Featuring Freddy Adu, Pastori, Bojan, Javi Saviola and Adriano

Ea you are a disgrace.

Comments

• xXCAMARAXx
    1708 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ea screwed up on this one. But knowing them they have something up there sleeve. Watch them give us a free icon.
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional
    xXCAMARAXx wrote: »
    Ea screwed up on this one. But knowing them they have something up there sleeve. Watch them give us a free icon.

I highly doubt it.
  • WryLucky
    1438 posts Professional
    They have enough stupid people with too much spending money to worry about screwing up.
  • Shaz2018x
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What everyone is forgetting, EA have been a very well established compny for some time mow you think all there eggs are in one basket with FIFA? A multi-billion dollar company like EA dont really beed to care about a few thousand disgruntled fans, because for every one person who doesn’t P2W there are five that will.
    Not a good practice if it is the case, but the world aint all sunshine and rainbows its a very mean and nasty place😉
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    They are going to keep getting more and more backlash from the community, even high end YTers are coming out and saying how ridiculous it is. They will realize how badly of mistake they made and most likely do a “trade in” SBC.

Such as, if you have a 93 Best, you can trade him in plus a 87 rated squad, for his 94. That way people won’t feel totally screwed over, and they at least save face.

For the life of me, what I can’t understand is how they couldn’t see this coming. Didn’t they think that the people who grinded and dumped millions upon millions of coins into the Prime SBCs would feel totally mugged off? That’s the part that still baffles me.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4832 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 12
    Shaz2018x wrote: »
    What everyone is forgetting, EA have been a very well established compny for some time mow you think all there eggs are in one basket with FIFA? A multi-billion dollar company like EA dont really beed to care about a few thousand disgruntled fans, because for every one person who doesn’t P2W there are five that will.
    Not a good practice if it is the case, but the world aint all sunshine and rainbows its a very mean and nasty place😉

EA haven’t purposely put all their eggs in the fifa basket. It has happened through their ineptitude. They’re unable to make good games. The monopoly they have with fifa is what keeps them afloat. They’re right to panic. If fifa points take a big hit in some major markets due to legislation, they have a major problem on their hands.
  • Shaz2018x
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They are going to keep getting more and more backlash from the community, even high end YTers are coming out and saying how ridiculous it is. They will realize how badly of mistake they made and most likely do a “trade in” SBC.

Such as, if you have a 93 Best, you can trade him in plus a 87 rated squad, for his 94. That way people won’t feel totally screwed over, and they at least save face.

For the life of me, what I can’t understand is how they couldn’t see this coming. Didn’t they think that the people who grinded and dumped millions upon millions of coins into the Prime SBCs would feel totally mugged off? That’s the part that still baffles me.

Youtubers sometimes just chat shi* in my opinion, they say their disgruntled etc but lets face it as a result they get more views which leads to more money for them. (Bet my wage Bateson and the other popular youtubers dump thousands on packs).
    As for EA, there a business at the end of the day, there to make a profit at all costs i guess
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional

EA haven’t purposely put all their eggs in the fifa basket. It has happened through their ineptitude. They’re unable to make good games. The monopoly they have with fifa is what keeps them afloat. They’re right to panic. If fifa points take a big hit in some major markets due to legislation, they have a major problem on their hands.

Yeah read a report a few days ago and it’s fifa that’s keeping them going. It will be so good if they ever go bust. Obviously they won’t but imagine if they did. They’ve destroyed so many games. Remember command and conquer?
  • DanValletta
    1524 posts Play-Off Hero
    Final straw for me personally. I feel like I've had my pants pulled down. Under the false belief I had a PRIME Icon.
  • MaddMike3711
    edited February 12

Youtubers sometimes just chat shi* in my opinion, they say their disgruntled etc but lets face it as a result they get more views which leads to more money for them. (Bet my wage Bateson and the other popular youtubers dump thousands on packs).
    As for EA, there a business at the end of the day, there to make a profit at all costs i guess
    That’s true, although imagine if people like Bateson actually stuck to their guns and spent, say 100£ instead of 2,000?
    They would get the message in a hurry.

Final straw for me personally. I feel like I've had my pants pulled down. Under the false belief I had a PRIME Icon.
    I learned from last years FOF debacle where they screwed over virtually everyone with a TOTS card. And yet I still did Prime Rivaldo and Figo. I think they will do the “trade in” SBC though once they see all the negative reactions.
  • RascalinHere7
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    I haven’t even done any prime icon SBCs and I’m very very bugged about this ! Seriously idk how they can get away with this.
    Basically stealing and pure greed.
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional
    I haven’t even done any prime icon SBCs and I’m very very bugged about this ! Seriously idk how they can get away with this.

Feel the same
  • Mr_Matchup1
    4219 posts National Call-Up

I've done 6 :D I'm hoping I'll get some kind of compensation if people keep complaining
  • IamLeeroy
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 12

Tbf if you stay up to date with EA finances, you would see they make more money of micro transactions across all their games (Mostly ultimate team across all there sports games ) than they do from actual game sales now. This is old but still relevant, not to mention the time since the post has only increased the figures in the video.

There stock plumitted off the back of Battlefront 2 and BF5. It's only going up now because of apex, so they can clearly see changes are needed in the way they manage and release there games.

https://screenrant.com/ea-battlefield-v-financials-disappointment-stock-prices-sink/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2019/02/11/ea-stock-is-soaring-on-apex-legends-but-theres-a-good-reason-to-be-cautious/amp/

As for not being worried about a few thousand disgruntled fans, you are incorrect. The reason Battlefront 2 stung them is because gaming isn't what it used to be, it's a huge industry now. With none stop interviews, TV coverage, millions watching on YouTube, daily if not hourly articles read by millions of people etc, and they all expressed there concern with the model the game was based off of.

But, when it comes to fifa you are correct it will take more than us on the forums to change the way this game works. I mean damn, so far the only one's who have influenced it are governments (Belgium etc).

The problem is if you love football and video games, you probably love fifa. With only PES to challenge ( 🤣 ) this is the go to when you fancy a game of virtual football. Honestly EA could do alot worse to this game and millions would still buy it for this very reason. It's sad, but true.

Edit- Content creators dont help, seeming as most of the big one's only seem to praise Fifa, no matter what.
  • dabeags
    388 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have Best and Campbell from SBC, I’m meh on the new icons. Just a +1 stat boost so doesn’t really bother me.

Honestly, the biggest screw up for EA this year is setting Ibra so cheap. He is arguably the best striker in the game and everyone has him. Should have been Icon level cost.
  • MaddMike3711
    edited February 12
    dabeags wrote: »
    I have Best and Campbell from SBC, I’m meh on the new icons. Just a +1 stat boost so doesn’t really bother me.

Honestly, the biggest screw up for EA this year is setting Ibra so cheap. He is arguably the best striker in the game and everyone has him. Should have been Icon level cost.
    So you aren’t even miffed in the slightest that you were misrepresented the best version of a card, dumped 1.5+ million into an untradeable version, only to have a better one release a couple days later?
    If it had been the case since day one, there’s wouldn’t be an issue, but for them to pull the rug out from everyone just because they feel like it is absurd.
  • dabeags
    388 posts Sunday League Hero

So you aren’t even miffed in the slightest that you were misrepresented the best version of a card, dumped 1.5+ million into an untradeable version, only to have a better one release a couple days later?
    If it had been the case since day one, there’s wouldn’t be an issue, but for them to pull the rug out from everyone just because they feel like it is absurd.

I hear ya, but no, it doesn’t bother me.

I did the SBC for the packs + 93 rated card and that’s what I got. If given the option of doing the same SBC again or buying outright the 94 card, I’d do the SBC.

Full disclosure, I got a lot of coins so 1.5 Million isn’t a devastating amount for me. If the winter upgrades go my way I’ll net 3 or 4 million right there from my investments.
  • SuperSonicSean
    5932 posts Big Money Move
    xXCAMARAXx wrote: »

They did it in previous FIFAs, but after the new one came out lol.
  • VladimirSochi
    575 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 12
    Why do so many people think EA actually give a **** what youtubers say? They really couldn’t care less lol
  • RayS
    25105 posts Player of the Year
    I may be one of the few who actually has enjoyed all the new promos and boosted cards, numerous as they have been, but this latest promo is too much.

I have no clue why someone in EA HQ didn’t stop and think, “hey I wonder what players who dumped over a million coins into a Prime SBC would think if their Prime Icon were no longer the prime icon?”
  • invictus1
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Did you do him??
  • IamLeeroy
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    RayS wrote: »
    I may be one of the few who actually has enjoyed all the new promos and boosted cards, numerous as they have been, but this latest promo is too much.

I have no clue why someone in EA HQ didn’t stop and think, “hey I wonder what players who dumped over a million coins into a Prime SBC would think if their Prime Icon were no longer the prime icon?”

They did think about what those people would think. But in there head every body thought " I'm going to have to buy more fifa points now to get the better version or a moments icon to go next to my not prime prime best lol
  • WryLucky
    1438 posts Professional

Some of the icons got more than a +1 stat boost. Look at Henry, he got +4s and +6s in some areas.
  • klaas9
    895 posts Professional
    This will not be a promo with just m-icons in packs. I guess something with trading sbc.
  • FCBlunt
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 12
    EA commits reputation suicide every other month these days. The FP ban is the only thing that will really hurt EA, but the people are hella mad.

These promos are punching right back. Lol
  • DFC1983
    709 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA Is run by shareholders for shareholders, not gamers. We’re the bottom **** in this hierarchy and frankly they can go **** themselves now.
  • seabo
    1409 posts Professional
    edited February 12
    There was backlash but they never gave us a chance to upgrade Reus POTM on 2 occasions so I wouldn't hold my breath on a Prime Best upgrade SBC...
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional
    Prime prime icons. I still can’t get over it. What a complete joke of a company. New icons would have been ok.
  • OZero
    4958 posts Big Money Move
    Pay2Lose wrote: »
    Prime prime icons. I still can’t get over it. What a complete joke of a company. New icons would have been ok.

Exactly
    There are a lot of ways to milk money instead of screwing up the whole communitike that.
  • EA_Andy
    2991 posts EA Community Manager
    Locking this one.

We have a thread to discuss all of this here.
This discussion has been closed.