Why didn't EA do this instead

HysxteriA
3085 posts National Call-Up
edited February 12
Rather than slap literally EVERYONE who's done the SBC and worked their **** off OR spent into this game why not release a select few new icons prime only versions?

Say Zidane, muller, Drogba etc.. a select number of new icons only their primes all SBC's + all in packs. With an option to trade an existing prime completed in a previous SBC.

I ain't even mad about the new cards I can take it or leave it it's only like +1 for every state which won't be noticed it's the principle of it.

This promo, particularly after the last one further highlights their greed and how little thought they have for the community. Complete reliance upon addiction. Disgusting. Now that Ireland have started to follow suit Belgium first. I bet they're sat there right now wishing they made a playable game. Once these packs are gone the game will die almost instantly and the company can be seen for what they were all along, lazy game developers with no intentions of making a decent game.

Comments

• Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    That's very easy to answer. Because this is more profitable.
  • HysxteriA
    3085 posts National Call-Up
    Fab wrote: »

Yeah I know exactly why they did it and you're bang on. Just saying they could have approached this from a different angle as I suggested or multiple other ways. All this is doing is just showing everyone how disgusting they really are towards the community.
  • delpieroalex
    364 posts Sunday League Hero
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    Rather than slap literally EVERYONE who's done the SBC and worked their **** off OR spent into this game why not release a select few new icons prime only versions?

Say Zidane, muller, Drogba etc.. a select number of new icons only their primes all SBC's + all in packs. With an option to trade an existing prime completed in a previous SBC.

I ain't even mad about the new cards I can take it or leave it it's only like +1 for every state which won't be noticed it's the principle of it.

This promo, particularly after the last one further highlights their greed and how little thought they have for the community. Complete reliance upon addiction. Disgusting. Now that Ireland have started to follow suit Belgium first. I bet they're sat there right now wishing they made a playable game. Once these packs are gone the game will die almost instantly and the company can be seen for what they were all along, lazy game developers with no intentions of making a decent game.

Require the person permission and licensing fee. And knowing ea...lol
  • Boommaametw3
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lol they must pay the player image rights and EA only want to make that
  • MaddMike3711
    9775 posts League Winner
    *Copied my reply from the other thread*

They are going to keep getting more and more backlash from the community, even high end YTers are coming out and saying how ridiculous it is. They will realize how badly of mistake they made and most likely do a “trade in” SBC.

Such as, if you have a 93 Best, you can trade him in plus a 87 rated squad, for his 94. That way people won’t feel totally screwed over, and they at least save face.

For the life of me, what I can’t understand is how they couldn’t see this coming. Didn’t they think that the people who grinded and dumped millions upon millions of coins into the Prime SBCs would feel totally mugged off? That’s the part that still baffles me.
    542 posts An Exciting Prospect

• IamLeeroy
    337 posts Sunday League Hero

• madwullie
    2847 posts Fans' Favourite
    If they had the rights for Zidane etc they would have been in from the start. Much more profitable to include all icons so that users get hyped up, rather than to hold some back secretly as a nice "surprise" mid way through the game cycle.

That's why they didn't do that.