EA Panicking? End of Fifa points Near?

HDouble
2111 posts Fans' Favourite
Anyone else feel like EA are squeezing out all the fifa points they can before it’s banned everywhere? I been playing FUT since 2011 and have never seen so many promotions special cards back 2 back 2 back. Have to say it honestly looks like EA are trying to make the most while they can. Desperate times ahead guys....

Comments

• HysxteriA
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    Most likely they are all sat there worried to hell because they've paid virtually no attention to any gameplay at all. All soiling their pants realising now oh crap we should have made a playable game. Once the packs drop the game will die flat on its face mark my words.
  • I thought this too... milking a cash cow
  • omarnyc
    3336 posts National Call-Up
    I hope so
  • alvchong
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have to admit. This year they really drain all my coins. I think they are getting to our nerve to buy FP. Is not the end. Is just started. This will be the new path for Fifa 20. One country ban make them realised they are not aggressive enough. Is really really just started.
  • Jeyj38
    686 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Only laws can save us. But im afraid its gonna take time.
    People are way too dumb to stop spending really... bad times for UT but you cant blame EA really...
  • Guvnor
    662 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They will find a way around it, for definite!
  • alvchong
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    They already found the way and doing it now. So straight forward. Just keep milking with promo. You can imagine what they talk about when they have content meeting.
  • o0OainavO0o
    1684 posts Play-Off Hero
    It’ll make the game worse, 60 game wl’s or some type of hook along with more expensive disc/download to have pack packages included.
  • MUFC_420
    1587 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've been saying this all year they know something we don't then look what happened in Belgium and now speculation Ireland is doing the same it's only a matter of time before the whole EU follow.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    2418 posts Fans' Favourite
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    I've been saying this all year they know something we don't then look what happened in Belgium and now speculation Ireland is doing the same it's only a matter of time before the whole EU follow.

I’m suprised the European countries are leading the way here honestly. Gambling if far more accepted in Europe than here in the US. If an American franchise was sponsored by a gambling site or put betting terminals at the stadium it would be complete uproar. Yet we seem to be completely ok with loot boxes. It’s strange. But I’m certainly glad someone is doing something. The only person in US trying to do anything is some politician from Hawaii.
  • EekAlaska
    610 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ppl complained not enough content, now they complain too much. I agree its to sell packs but as a business thats kind of their MO.
  • o0OainavO0o
    1684 posts Play-Off Hero

I’m suprised the European countries are leading the way here honestly. Gambling if far more accepted in Europe than here in the US. If an American franchise was sponsored by a gambling site or put betting terminals at the stadium it would be complete uproar. Yet we seem to be completely ok with loot boxes. It’s strange. But I’m certainly glad someone is doing something. The only person in US trying to do anything is some politician from Hawaii.
    Taxes sir, the taxes.
  • Noob_FC
    1884 posts Fans' Favourite

US has a lot on itsplate to worry about!!! 😬
  • Springveldt
    3918 posts National Call-Up
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    Ppl complained not enough content, now they complain too much. I agree its to sell packs but as a business thats kind of their MO.
    Putting cards into packs with a less than 1% chance of pulling them is not content. It's a cash grab, plain and simple.
  • People will still buy points, it’s the endless you tubers who buy points and drive these promos. we fund them by watching the videos.
  • BladesManSUFC
    452 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 12
    People saying we will all be u happy when there’s no Fifa anymore because FP is what gives us the content??!
    Hahahah who cares about any of it anymore if the game totally dies and EA lose hundreds of millions?!
    I would happily never play a football game again to see that happen and it would stop this awful addiction to playing UT I have!
    Win win all around
  • Energy2099
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Belgium banning fifa points is the start, more and more countries are starting to realise this ****. Australia is in discussion in Parliament to ban fifa points as well. Additional countries such as Japan, UK, US, Ireland, Netherlands are all in the process of of examining fifa points and its addiction.

It's EA's greed that is going to be their down fall.

Yes all these promos are just to milk everyone more, I mean Prime Icons in their moments what a joke. Just another way to milk everyone, whats the difference with my Prime Best and this BS 94 rated Best? But don't worry youtubers will spend thousands of dollars and start packing these guys just to get everyone to buy fifa points.

I really do hope that another at least 3 major countries ban fifa points, that will definitely wake EA up, but by then it will be to late.
  • Headshrinker363
    3516 posts National Call-Up
    It’s been like this all year.
  • VladimirSochi
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    It’ll take a lot more than Belgium to worry EA. By the time more countries ban this, they will already have a new avenue in mind to make even more profit.

People are acting like 20 more countries will ban it by Fifa 20. The reality is Belgium will be the only one and EA really won’t feel that big of a hit in the pocketbook
  • Energy2099
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    It’ll take a lot more than Belgium to worry EA. By the time more countries ban this, they will already have a new avenue in mind to make even more profit.

People are acting like 20 more countries will ban it by Fifa 20. The reality is Belgium will be the only one and EA really won’t feel that big of a hit in the pocketbook

It takes only one country or person to start a process. We are currently in February, and theirs still another 6 to 7 months before Fifa 20. So alot can happen during this time. Either way EA is going down.
  • VladimirSochi
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    Energy2099 wrote: »

It takes only one country or person to start a process. We are currently in February, and theirs still another 6 to 7 months before Fifa 20. So alot can happen during this time. Either way EA is going down.

That might be what you want to happen, but it’s miles away from reality. Clearly you are opposed to gambling, but I would happily wager a large sum that fifa points will be in Fifa 20 lol
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    352 posts Sunday League Hero
    We need to unite to put the FP days to an end. Look at the Battlefront example. They organized a boicot in a record time. But I think that this community is bigger. And although the majority of us want FP banned, there's still a group of wealthy players that will go all the way down with the new promo on Friday. And they will say things like "I got a 100.000 dollars salary, and it's a free world, and I spend my money on whatever I like". Let's hope that more countries get on the prohibition of loot boxes. I think that's our only chance. It would never be a decision from EA.
  • HDouble
    I don’t mind fp but buying 100k packs and getting no walkout or player of any value should change once regulated or it will be banned. Just see another tweet from EA about if you don’t Prime SBC and a special Icon moment or whatever is has been released you will be able to use your prime in a sbc towards the new one. Small print is for minimal value and players would still lose out in some shape or form. Think they are going aggressive now while they can
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2126 posts Fans' Favourite
    HDouble wrote: »
    I don’t mind fp but buying 100k packs and getting no walkout or player of any value should change once regulated or it will be banned. Just see another tweet from EA about if you don’t Prime SBC and a special Icon moment or whatever is has been released you will be able to use your prime in a sbc towards the new one. Small print is for minimal value and players would still lose out in some shape or form. Think they are going aggressive now while they can

A higher probability or/and a guaranteed walkout only sugarcoats the problem. If you are fine with this pernicious p2w model and getting ripped off - then you haven't understood a god damn thing.
  • maksi
    6124 posts Big Money Move
    I don’t mind fp but buying 100k packs and getting no walkout or player of any value should change once regulated or it will be banned.
    So what you want is pay2win model, you buy packs and you have godly team in few days

• Crysister
    449 posts Sunday League Hero
    ...in year 2050, near US boarder...
    "Daddy? Is this Canada?"
    "No Son...this was once the mighty EA..."
    "What happens?"
    "They build an empire into God's sky, but he rejected them and they got banned from the face of earth!"
    "But Daddy...How can an empire of this size fall?...I dont understand!"
    "Son...the bigger they are, the bigger they fall."
  • HDouble

A higher probability or/and a guaranteed walkout only sugarcoats the problem. If you are fine with this pernicious p2w model and getting ripped off - then you haven't understood a god damn thing.

Haven’t understood a thing this idiot says? Your opinion is gospel then is it then mate? Well done to you
  • HDouble
    maksi wrote: »
    I don’t mind fp but buying 100k packs and getting no walkout or player of any value should change once regulated or it will be banned.
    So what you want is pay2win model, you buy packs and you have godly team in few days

Not supporting **** but if people want to spend money and get something decent back then what’s wrong with that? You guys are not that stupid to think pay2win model will completely stop its on every game fortnight gta call of duty etc you spend real money to get some in game currency and with all the others you will get exactly what you pay for with fifa you pay for a pack like a lottery ticket and rarely win anything worthwhile.
  • HDouble
    Crysister wrote: »
    ...in year 2050, near US boarder...
    "Daddy? Is this Canada?"
    "No Son...this was once the mighty EA..."
    "What happens?"
    "They build an empire into God's sky, but he rejected them and they got banned from the face of earth!"
    "But Daddy...How can an empire of this size fall?...I dont understand!"
    "Son...the bigger they are, the bigger they fall."

Random