Theory: EA want us to quit...

Pocketsquareguy
2418 posts Fans' Favourite
I believe that EA is using fifa 18/19 to try to push out the old guard of fifa players. A churn cycle. They are going to push us as far as they can and more. Obviously if you’re F2P they don’t care about you. Many of the older players spend little. I think the idea is to keep the players that will take whatever EA will do with a smile. As the vets quit, the will be replaced by young kids that know nothing else. I believe all of this is in preparation for what a new version of fut looks like. Which may not have points for packs like now. But will generate much more revenue wise. I’m talking about direct coin buying or buying players directly with money. They’re trying to filter out people who do not fit the model fut player they envision for the future.

Comments

• hayhor1
    12914 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah cause that's what companies want.....to lose current customers. Holy facepalm! The hardest thing to do in business is get new customers. You do everything you can to keep current ones.
  • o0OainavO0o
    1684 posts Play-Off Hero
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Yeah cause that's what companies want.....to lose current customers. Holy facepalm! The hardest thing to do in business is get new customers. You do everything you can to keep current ones.

But this is ea we’re talking about, the sane company that will drop a highly anticipated game and have to patch it repeatedly to still only get it wrong. They’re in it for the money, nothing else. If they can cater to who makes them gross profit, customer base is irrelevant except those that spend money, if they cared about their existing customer base we wouldn’t need to purchase a new disc each year for the same game...
  • Shaz2018x
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I love how everyone seems to know EA’s business model and mindset “apparently”.
    Damn open up something better if you dont like them
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2126 posts Fans' Favourite
    EAs main demographic when it comes to FUT are adults. Why? Because kids don't have money.
  • o0OainavO0o
    1684 posts Play-Off Hero
    Shaz2018x wrote: »
    I love how everyone seems to know EA’s business model and mindset “apparently”.
    Damn open up something better if you dont like them

Not enough people on pes, unfortunately. If only they purchased up all the rights to resell them.
  • Raider
    2669 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 12

what about mobile network providers that have better promos for NEW customers but **** ones for the current customers?

EAs main demographic when it comes to FUT are adults. Why? Because kids don't have money.

but their parents do, and will do everything to make their kid happy, or just make him stop crying all the time
  • dynamosheva1
    71 posts Park Captain

Futbol is played and watched around the world - as long as fifa has no real FUT competition, new customers will continue buying everywhere every year

It’s only your choice as a consumer to buy the next title . Whether the new guard or the old .
  • Guvnor
    662 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No, just no, look at how quick the 20,000 one hour packs go, people pump millions into this game, for every one who says I’m not buying fp, there’s 5 who say oh I’ll just spend a tenner on some packs!

The reason they are throwing so many out is because a different set of people each time will say ahh not had packs for a while I’ll just get a tenners worth.

I agree on complaining about the state of the servers, mechanics on the game, but it’s just nonsical to complain about a proven business model which makes them billions, it’s like being British and complaining about the rain! Gets you know where!

Stop it, grow up, they are a company who want to maximise profits whilst providing entertainment to there customers.
  • dynamosheva1
    71 posts Park Captain
    edited February 12
    They also have customer support for complaints :wink: . So the old guard can be heard and these forums
  • Ever think it’s just you getting older and not enjoying Fifa so much?
  • dynamosheva1
    71 posts Park Captain
    @Pay2Lose I agree for me it’s because I don’t have enough time to enjoy it enough game time as before life goes on
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2126 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pay2Lose wrote: »
    Ever think it’s just you getting older and not enjoying Fifa so much?

Ever think this game gets progressively worse every year? Crazy thought.
  • @Pay2Lose I agree for me it’s because I don’t have enough time to enjoy it enough game time as before life goes on

It’s just a rewards grinding game now. Fifa 12 and 13 are the best
  • Pocketsquareguy
    2418 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 12
    Think of it like this. You buy a company (and are a complete ****). You want to reduce salary and benefits to all the employees. It won’t go over well. So the easiest course is to do it and just let people quit. Then you hire people under the new norm and they’re none the wiser. If the exsisting employees stay, great. If not, no big deal, you don’t want someone that is unhappy and want to cut their compensation. I believe EA want to create a new norm. Tenured fut players will be less likely to accept that. While people that have just come into fut don’t know any better. The revenue of the actual game is peanuts to EA. It’s all about micro transactions. So when the day comes when you just straight up buy your team via direct player purchases or coin buying from EA, the new players will question it far less and have less of a problem with it. This isn’t a matter of EA wanting to lose customers. It’s a matter of them pushing out customers who won’t accept the new norm, players that are unlikely to buy a lot of fifa points anyway.

I once did sales for a company that was bought by another. The old company just let me do my thing and make them money. The new company basically said “current customers don’t have value to us. Only new customers matter.” So while the idea of losing current customers seems crazy, it’s not a totally foreign concept in the business world.
  • hayhor1
    12914 posts Has That Special Something
    Raider wrote: »

what about mobile network providers that have better promos for NEW customers but **** ones for the current customers?

but their parents do, and will do everything to make their kid happy, or just make him stop crying all the time

Because most people wont switch and it's hard to get new customers.
    534 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 12

I’m not agreeing with OP on this one (it is a nice theory tho) but absolutely every person aged 10-35 knows that FIFA exists. (At least that’s in my country, the most played game in gaming cafes is fifa, the difference is most people that know fifa don’t play ultimate team. But “hard to get new customers” is wrong since “night with boys” (again, at least in my country”) 90% means poker / club / fifa)