Should EA upgrade prime icons already in our clubs?

Burchy
561 posts An Exciting Prospect
What’s your thoughts...

Should EA upgrade the prime icons you have done through a SBC or bought off the market?

Or should they give us the choice to put them into another SBC to upgrade them to the PRIME PRIME icon

Comments

• WarrenBarton
    6176 posts Big Money Move
    Free upgrades please
  • Burchy
    Eroberto wrote: »
    For the sbc’s they should replace our “prime” icons with the real prime icons. It says on the SBC that you are completing it towards the prime version of that player and since we no longer have the “prime” versions, we should be compensated for the false advertising.

Agree... the Prime icon isn’t prime no more. The greed and general disregard to us loyal players has all but gone in my eyes
  • Pila4life
    289 posts Sunday League Hero
    False advertisement
  • BladesManSUFC
    452 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes I have Best prime so I demand for it to be upgraded! Sadly this won’t happen and if we want the better card then we will have a useless untradeable 93 Best
  • Burchy
    No get over yourselves.

Care to elaborate?
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    I did Prime Ballack and I don’t deserve the free upgrade. No one does. The best of the best are not affordable for everyone and this is no different. A tiny percentage will have the card and everyone else won’t. People that want the handout are acting as if everyone that didn’t do a Prime SBC is getting a free Moments Icon smh
  • Pocketsquareguy
    3336 posts National Call-Up
    Burchy wrote: »
    Eroberto wrote: »
    For the sbc’s they should replace our “prime” icons with the real prime icons. It says on the SBC that you are completing it towards the prime version of that player and since we no longer have the “prime” versions, we should be compensated for the false advertising.

Agree... the Prime icon isn’t prime no more. The greed and general disregard to us loyal players has all but gone in my eyes

You still have the prime icon. It’s just not the prime moments icon. All in the wording. They sold you the prime not the prime moments. I’m totally in agreement with you. But EA will say you got what you paid for. You got the prime.
  • Keano
    9961 posts League Winner
    I did Prime Ballack and I don’t deserve the free upgrade. No one does. The best of the best are not affordable for everyone and this is no different. A tiny percentage will have the card and everyone else won’t. People that want the handout are acting as if everyone that didn’t do a Prime SBC is getting a free Moments Icon smh

You buy a prime because its labelled as the best version of that player, otherwise you would have bought the dybamic prime if you had it on offer or knew about it, so to be told youre being sold the best version and its not means youre being sold a lie. Im not saying a free upgrade, just put an untradable version of te prime and an 85 rated team or something.

But this is EAs fault and lack of care for their community. You dont put out prime SBCs and before youve even released any of the big boys then pull out an extra better rated, because whats the point in the prime sbcs now when theyre not actually the primes? Thats like putting middle tier icon sbcs out and thinking people will do them over the primes.
  • Mr_Matchup1
    4219 posts National Call-Up
    I'd be happy with a free 100k pack for every icon SBC I've done :D
  • NornIron
    10583 posts Has That Special Something
    I'd be happy with a free 100k pack for every icon SBC I've done :D

To be fair i'll take this.
  • Forca-Barca
    2990 posts National Call-Up
    I mean really, are you going to notice a difference from 94 shooting to 95? I don’t think it’s that big a deal
  • I'm thinking there's a small chance that EA releases a Prime Moments SBC that allows you to upgrade your prime by building like a 90 rated team around them. You'll be trading in your prime and spending some coin for the upgrade. Don't start panic selling your primes yet...
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    Keano wrote: »

You buy a prime because its labelled as the best version of that player, otherwise you would have bought the dybamic prime if you had it on offer or knew about it, so to be told youre being sold the best version and its not means youre being sold a lie. Im not saying a free upgrade, just put an untradable version of te prime and an 85 rated team or something.

But this is EAs fault and lack of care for their community. You dont put out prime SBCs and before youve even released any of the big boys then pull out an extra better rated, because whats the point in the prime sbcs now when theyre not actually the primes? Thats like putting middle tier icon sbcs out and thinking people will do them over the primes.

This is something outside of the regular Icons. When a player gets a TOTS item and then a Festival if FUT item, it’s the same thing. When you do a POTM, same thing. When you spend 2 million on Ronaldo and a few weeks later he is 1.7m and his IF is 2.2 mill, it’s the same thing. This is basically an IF Moment if that Icon. People are acting like everyone will have that Icon and it’s ridiculous. It will be more expensive than the Icon you have and if you could barely afford the Prime SBC, you were never going to afford the Moments Icon. These Icons will be in a different price range entirely than the Prime versions. There is no overlap. An SBC for the new card would’ve cost a ton more than what you spent on the regular Prime Icon, it’s not like they would be comparably priced—these new Icons have minimal boosts anyway for the most part, the only reason they are going to be a million more than the regular is because of hype.
  • Keano
    9961 posts League Winner

This is something outside of the regular Icons. When a player gets a TOTS item and then a Festival if FUT item, it’s the same thing. When you do a POTM, same thing. When you spend 2 million on Ronaldo and a few weeks later he is 1.7m and his IF is 2.2 mill, it’s the same thing. This is basically an IF Moment if that Icon. People are acting like everyone will have that Icon and it’s ridiculous. It will be more expensive than the Icon you have and if you could barely afford the Prime SBC, you were never going to afford the Moments Icon. These Icons will be in a different price range entirely than the Prime versions. There is no overlap. An SBC for the new card would’ve cost a ton more than what you spent on the regular Prime Icon, it’s not like they would be comparably priced—these new Icons have minimal boosts anyway for the most part, the only reason they are going to be a million more than the regular is because of hype.

Stopped reading when you compared them to IFs and such...

EA gave advertised prime icons as the best version of that icon.... this promo shows that this isnt, so its not the same thing at all, the IFs, POTM etc youre on about are for players still curreently playing, these icons are retired and advertised as “the best versions”... if they wouldve bought them in next year there wouldnt be this backlash, though having four versions of an icon is silly.
  • Forca-Barca
    2990 posts National Call-Up

EA gave advertised prime icons as the best version of that icon.... this promo shows that this isnt, so its not the same thing at all, the IFs, POTM etc youre on about are for players still curreently playing, these icons are retired and advertised as “the best versions”... if they wouldve bought them in next year there wouldnt be this backlash, though having four versions of an icon is silly.

It’s the same thing when you get an IF card, it’s the best at that moment. Like I said it’s not a big deal to me, I won’t notice a 94 vs 95 shot. I just like the dynamic image to be honest lol
  • Djkhalid1921
    8999 posts League Winner
    no, you got what you paid for.
  • IamLeeroy
    337 posts Sunday League Hero

It’s the same thing when you get an IF card, it’s the best at that moment. Like I said it’s not a big deal to me, I won’t notice a 94 vs 95 shot. I just like the dynamic image to be honest lol

Tbf, its not even similar. The prime icon SBCs literally got promoted saying that they represent the best time of that players career.

• Keano
    9961 posts League Winner
    IamLeeroy wrote: »

Tbf, its not even similar. The prime icon SBCs literally got promoted saying that they represent the best time of that players career.

This.

You cant promote something as the best possible version of this player, then release one better which shows the last selling point was a lie.
  • IamLeeroy
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm thinking there's a small chance that EA releases a Prime Moments SBC that allows you to upgrade your prime by building like a 90 rated team around them. You'll be trading in your prime and spending some coin for the upgrade. Don't start panic selling your primes yet...

If they did make an sbc and you could use untradable icons, that would be ridiculously unfair to people who use tradable cards. The price of primes would skyrocket and people who did sbcs would get the card for for an insane amount lower.

I'm all for an sbc, but for none tradable icons only. We shouldn't even be having this discussion, the whole promo is a joke.
  • HysxteriA
    3085 posts National Call-Up
    It's a joke for those that have done the SBC. They should be auto upgraded as it's just completely false advertising and taking everyone for fools. Then again it's EA. If they release these with no compensation for those who did the SBCs then it's a joke. The guys idea above is also an idea in that we can submit our primes into an SBC where you can upgrade or whatever. They never cease to amaze me.
  • I'd be happy with a free 100k pack for every icon SBC I've done :D

Thats their target, give the chicken a corn for satisfaction.
  • Burchy
    I have prime Best. I am annoyed that there is now a better version, we all like having the best version of the card. But....

I just checked his stats on futwiz... panic over! They are plus 1s in a few categories. If that is the PRIME PRIME Best then it’s really just a pointless gimmick card.

That said tho, for some who have done the SBC versions of prime cards, it is wrong to now bring a better one out. Icons are not regular cards. We expect there to be a better card come out for the likes of Mbappé etc but not icons.
  • Keano
    9961 posts League Winner
    Burchy wrote: »
    I have prime Best. I am annoyed that there is now a better version, we all like having the best version of the card. But....

I just checked his stats on futwiz... panic over! They are plus 1s in a few categories. If that is the PRIME PRIME Best then it’s really just a pointless gimmick card.

That said tho, for some who have done the SBC versions of prime cards, it is wrong to now bring a better one out. Icons are not regular cards. We expect there to be a better card come out for the likes of Mbappé etc but not icons.

Dont advertise something as the best version on this game if its not going to be. The amount of people that wouldnt have done this sbc if they knew a better one was coming.

Its like having the three versions and putting out only a middle icon sbc and expecting. It to do well. The stats dont matter its the false advertising (and dynamic images) people are annoyed about
  • TheDinhoKid10
    1298 posts Professional
    I just did “Prime” Nesta last week for no reason. Awesome.
  • treddy
    61 posts Park Captain
    Don't even dream of it.....guess u guys have forgotten the way EA released Ronaldo 99 tots card over the 98 toty in 2017 when they had marketed the TOTYs as the "highest version a player can get".
  • OZero
    4330 posts National Call-Up
    treddy wrote: »
    Don't even dream of it.....guess u guys have forgotten the way EA released Ronaldo 99 tots card over the 98 toty in 2017 when they had marketed the TOTYs as the "highest version a player can get".

This