NEW PRIME ICON MOMENTS! Share your opinion! VOTE!

Comments

• Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional
    I have no words anymore
    This is why you shouldn’t do sbcs
  • Sterve
    495 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think they seriously miscalculated this one with the current game state. HL and FFS i could kinda grin and bear it or ignore it.

The main problem i have other than the ones excellently already expressed in this thread is that it is becoming quite clear it is impossible to build your ultimate team. Which is the premise of the mode. EA has expertly handled the market to their advantage to the point where premium player prices arent going down and crashes dont really happen. Toty prices keep going up. And then ffs and hl come along and now prime prime icons.

Your ultimate team just keeps becoming further away and not really obtainable without silly amounts of time or money and imo that will turn people away. The game is ridiculous and the gameplay is often worse than that.
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional
    I have no words anymore
    Sterve wrote: »
    I think they seriously miscalculated this one with the current game state. HL and FFS i could kinda grin and bear it or ignore it.

The main problem i have other than the ones excellently already expressed in this thread is that it is becoming quite clear it is impossible to build your ultimate team. Which is the premise of the mode. EA has expertly handled the market to their advantage to the point where premium player prices arent going down and crashes dont really happen. Toty prices keep going up. And then ffs and hl come along and now prime prime icons.

Your ultimate team just keeps becoming further away and not really obtainable without silly amounts of time or money and imo that will turn people away. The game is ridiculous and the gameplay is often worse than that.

Currently sat on 1.5 million and can’t afford any top icons.
  • RGib1990
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have no words anymore
    Panic from EA, trying to make as much money as possible before more countries follow suit.
  • Shaz2018x
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have no words anymore
    Tbh i cant afford icons so i dont really care however, i do feel for those who have done the “supposed” prime icon snc’s kinda of a slap in the face from EA.
  • WS100889
    277 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have no words anymore
    oldboiler wrote: »
    Really like them, still won’t be buying FP

Same here.
  • limjitwe
    6306 posts Big Money Move
    Other,...
    Nice idea. Doesn’t affect me much as I never have a team full of icons. I doubt I can pack or afford them as well.

Just that I’ll be gutted if I did Best Prime which just expired a few days ago.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5538 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 12
    I have no words anymore
    If you don’t laugh you’ll greet :joy:

I have done the Prime Best on the understating I was getting his best possible card, however this is now not the case therefore I’ve been misguided along with many others.

I now don’t have the “Prime Version of that card” as it’s no longer the best version. I now don’t have what I paid for, this is now false advertising as I was told I was getting Prime Best when that’s clearly not the case.
  • OZero
    4711 posts National Call-Up
    I have no words anymore
    This is false advertising.
  • holdenwait
    53703 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    I have no words anymore
    as a prime best owner, don't even care that there is a card with a couple of better stats (dynamic image annoys me tho ngl!!) but this is such a desperate and snaky move from EA, it fits them all too well, it's scary.

not it won't happen but if you let prime owners submit into an sbc +100-300k whatever to upgrade to these, I might forgive them >:)
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5538 posts Big Money Move
    I have no words anymore
    holdenwait wrote: »
    if you let prime owners submit into an sbc +100-300k whatever to upgrade to these

The only fair way, yes at an added cost but you get a few extra stats and a dynamic picture.

However this still doesn’t make it okay but at least shows they are willing to give them people the option and a way to obtain the new prime since the prime they have is no longer a prime.
  • ZiggieTTU
    536 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have no words anymore
    Best at his peak should be 99 if toty are 99. But in general. It’s bull. And a money grab. Just let Prime Best be. Don’t need Prime Prime.
  • delpieroalex
    364 posts Sunday League Hero
    A for creativity
    Prime prime icon. Such creativity! The content team deserve their pay!

Will be eagerly waiting for prime prime prime icon next time!
  • SuperSonicSean
    5498 posts Big Money Move
    More content = more fun
    I'll never be able to afford or pack any of them, but it gives the high end players something else to strive for I guess.
  • Ireland_US
    340 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have no words anymore
    If they were nice they could upgrade the people that already have them but you know that would never happen
  • WryLucky
    1331 posts Professional
    I have no words anymore
    @EA_Andy
    @EA_Lanna
    @EA_DarDar
    @EA_Cian
    @EA_Leeloo

I hope you're getting all this feedback.
  • Energy2099
    68 posts Park Captain
    Other,...
    Lol Inform Icons. Great EA, just another way to milk people for their last dollar. Well screw this promo.

Dark days are ahead for EA, no more Fifa Points, just trying to milk people as much as possible
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4167 posts National Call-Up
    I have no words anymore
    Energy2099 wrote: »
    Lol Inform Icons. Great EA, just another way to milk people for their last dollar. Well screw this promo.

Dark days are ahead for EA, no more Fifa Points, just trying to milk people as much as possible

Dark days for EA mean good days for us.
  • OZero
    4711 posts National Call-Up
    I have no words anymore
    Seriously I would never touch any prime icons (both market and SBC) from now on. Once the moment ver is announced I am done.
  • Futfanatic
    11938 posts Has That Special Something
    I have no words anymore
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    @deang07 @sonnyfilth finally they release some big icons! What do you think?

I'm never spending a $ on FP again, and I recommend you all start to do the same.

I'm going to start my campaign to accelerate the banning of FP in other countries soon I think, just need someone with some basic video editing experience.

When EA see what hit them in the coming months it will be hilarious, absolute joke.

The fact what I'm doing hasn't been done or gained some momentum before is a bit shocking to me, but if you want to DM me with a discord ID or somewhere where EA can't see for details, I'll let you in early ;) @Futfanatic

I have no clue what you’re talking about @sonnyfilth but please don’t get my thread closed! Keep it light.
  • Futfanatic
    11938 posts Has That Special Something
    I have no words anymore
    holdenwait wrote: »
    as a prime best owner, don't even care that there is a card with a couple of better stats (dynamic image annoys me tho ngl!!) but this is such a desperate and snaky move from EA, it fits them all too well, it's scary.

not it won't happen but if you let prime owners submit into an sbc +100-300k whatever to upgrade to these, I might forgive them >:)

I’m guessing the only part you can use your prime Best for if there is an sbc is the exchange an icon bit, like everyone else...
  • KinggHuss
    1967 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have no words anymore
    The only way EA can make this less painful for me, and all other whos done sbc prime best, is if we can trade the UNTREADABLE version for this one.

Won’t happen because that beats the purpose of people using the “regular” primes
  • Crysister
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have no words anymore
    Just stop...
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Can't understand how they do this before even releasing all prime icon SBCS lmao
  • bullettoot
    577 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have no words anymore
    Exclusive on the most exclusive. There was an episode of Modern family where Jay wanted to get in the most exclusive VIP hotel in Vegas only to figure out that entering was just the beginner level of exclusiveness.
  • mdizzl3
    12287 posts Has That Special Something
    I have no words anymore
    83 % of the forum are not impressed with it.

You know EA will do fantastically out of the promo though. The regular player doesn't see all of this, they just see the advert in game and then get excited
  • Denz
    1916 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have no words anymore
    I thought future stars was bad.

Someone on here posted a mock up of a fut alternative universe stars promo recently. 50/50 whether that comes.
  • Kingkay
    1740 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have no words anymore
    Think it’s more the fact ea think were stupid sheep who will just spend spend spend, kind of disrespectful

On another note, if they are going to keep releasing cards like this they need more ways to make money in game
  • PiotrLolo
    1182 posts Professional
    edited February 12
    Other,...
    I don't know what people are moaning about. It's not like 50% of the community will pack them. And I don't understand people who are complaining about the ones who did Icon SBC's being cheated. Does your beatufull Icons take -10 hit in stats after this promo? You have coins - you do SBC - you get very nice card. Probably 95% of the people can only dream about being able to afford one Icon during whole year.
  • LennySUFC
    406 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have no words anymore
    Beyond a joke for me. EA don’t care about their fan base they only care for the millions of dollars people will now spend on packs.

There’s now way to many promotional events or players or SBC’s. The old FIFA’s it was a challenge to have IF, MOTM, TOTY/S players where as now everyone you play against has a rainbow team with Flashback, Future Stars, OTW, these crap one step ahead cards, SBC EOAE cards etc