NEW PRIME ICON MOMENTS! Share your opinion! VOTE!

Comments

• I have no words anymore
    Well since the future Star Promo i would like to have these Upgrade system on cards... like a few people mentioned before... doing challenges on the future Stars to upgrade their stats.

i don't know what you think but that would be a great idea for that promo too... it also would not rip off all the SBC holders....

for example:

Matthaus getting his 94 card for the season he was the ballon d'or winner.... so the challenge for all 93 Matthaus owners would be : " upgrade your prime Matthaus to his prime moment version, by 70 MOTM( 10/10) ratings in DR and WL" matches

Or for all the defenders : " x amount of 10/10 ratings in DR/ WL, x amount of header-goals, x amount of successful tackling"

i think that would fresh up the game a lot, nobody is screwed... and would also effect the play style of the most players, because the conservative park-the-bus tactics wouldn't help them to success these challenges
  • KinggHuss
    1894 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have no words anymore
    Maro6590 wrote: »
    Well since the future Star Promo i would like to have these Upgrade system on cards... like a few people mentioned before... doing challenges on the future Stars to upgrade their stats.

i don't know what you think but that would be a great idea for that promo too... it also would not rip off all the SBC holders....

for example:

Matthaus getting his 94 card for the season he was the ballon d'or winner.... so the challenge for all 93 Matthaus owners would be : " upgrade your prime Matthaus to his prime moment version, by 70 MOTM( 10/10) ratings in DR and WL" matches

Or for all the defenders : " x amount of 10/10 ratings in DR/ WL, x amount of header-goals, x amount of successful tackling"

i think that would fresh up the game a lot, nobody is screwed... and would also effect the play style of the most players, because the conservative park-the-bus tactics wouldn't help them to success these challenges

I like your idea, but it will probably never happen
  • Futfanatic
    11305 posts Has That Special Something
    I have no words anymore
    Maro6590 wrote: »

for example:

Forum members with better ideas than Electronic Arts studio. I’m in tears here.
  • Futfanatic
    I have no words anymore
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    OZero wrote: »
    I think the problem is, prime icon (no matter from market or SBC) was previously communicated to the customers that it is be the best version of that icon. This whole fiasco is ground breaking.

From now on who dares to complete any icon SBC?

This is very true. I did 4 icon sbc’s to get rid of untradables and sbc fodder/for my team, Raul, Figo, Keane and Nedved. Wouldn’t have done any if I knew this was coming and i certainly won’t do any more from now on.

Why would it stop you?

Are you telling me if Dinho drops you won't do his 3-3.5 mil SBC with your UT's + UT icons so you can instead spend 8 mil on his upgraded card?

It's 100% not going to stop me, it's just a disgusting thing they've done

If I drop 3M on a prime icon sbc I sure as hell want to know if I got the best one. We haven’t seen the effect of these mega optimus prime icons on the market yet and what else EA has in store. It’s going to be real funny when you do prime ronaldinho sbc only to see the tradable version crash to 500k cheaper than your version a week later.
  • joehuk
    2610 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have no words anymore
    Suppose it's a good move.

100% an after thought tho, due to the backlash.

Now would be interesting to see requirements.

• Mic2904
    1929 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have no words anymore
    I just want to open my app to see them auto updated my Best. I spent more than $100 to get his SBC done I am not planning to spend more. Because of one word they wrote ”Later in 19”

Thats exactly why EA really doesnt care...
  • Alemas_2012
    14080 posts Has That Special Something
    I have no words anymore
    A joke.
    Simply a joke.
    Would like to see the percentage of special cards released at the end of the season, and comparing that to previous editions of FUT.
    This is beyond any reason or sanity at this point.
  • OZero
    4499 posts National Call-Up
    I have no words anymore
    I think the problem is, prime icon (no matter from market or SBC) was previously communicated to the customers that it is be the best version of that icon. This whole fiasco is ground breaking.

This is very true. I did 4 icon sbc’s to get rid of untradables and sbc fodder/for my team, Raul, Figo, Keane and Nedved. Wouldn’t have done any if I knew this was coming and i certainly won’t do any more from now on.

Why would it stop you?

Are you telling me if Dinho drops you won't do his 3-3.5 mil SBC with your UT's + UT icons so you can instead spend 8 mil on his upgraded card?

If I drop 3M on a prime icon sbc I sure as hell want to know if I got the best one. We haven’t seen the effect of these mega optimus prime icons on the market yet and what else EA has in store. It’s going to be real funny when you do prime ronaldinho sbc only to see the tradable version crash to 500k cheaper than your version a week later.

Exactly this
  • Mic2904
    1929 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have no words anymore
    We should boycott FIFA for maybe 1h on a Friday 6pm when the promo is getting released. No one buying Fifa points and no one spending any coins on transfers. Impossible of course, but that would be a clear message!
  • DanValletta
    688 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have no words anymore

Why would it stop you?

Then after that you have to consider there may be a prime prime prime dinho
  • joehuk
    2610 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 12
    I have no words anymore
    Mic2904 wrote: »
    We should boycott FIFA for maybe 1h on a Friday 6pm when the promo is getting released. No one buying Fifa points and no one spending any coins on transfers. Impossible of course, but that would be a clear message!

Sadly the 50,100,125k lighting rounds will sell it in minutes.

Even tho everyone knows already packing an icon currently is stupidly rare never mind these new ones lol.
  • Futfanatic
    I have no words anymore

Why would it stop you?

That you, proud owner of the normal prime icon Ronaldinho, can do for cheap naturally.
    in 2020
  • Mc_chigby
    512 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have no words anymore

Why would it stop you?

But don't worry you will be able to put your Prime Prime dinho into an SBC in December 2020, along with the Prime Dinho to unlock him!
  • sonnyfilth
    3782 posts National Call-Up
    I have no words anymore

Why would it stop you?

If it drops literally tomorrow, I'll obv's give it a week until the market gets inlfuenced by the promo

I wouldn't let something like THAT happen

Either way If it drops a bit in value with the UT's and icons I have better than the liquid cost of a high one
  • freakjas
    4677 posts National Call-Up
    Guys, yesterday it was „oh my god why would they do that? They just want money, no way they will release them outside of packs, everyone that did the prime sbcs is screwed now“
    Today its „oh my god the sbcs will cost way too much, you can include your sbc cards but its still too expensive,“.
    Chill lol.
    We’ll get more info on friday, maybe before.
    Thats when youre allowed to hate on it.
    Maybe you will like it, maybe you wont.
    The whole idea is debatable, thats it though.
    Its ridiculous to already complain about sbcs being too expensive lol.
    Dont hate on the details before we know everything.
  • Mc_chigby
    512 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have no words anymore
    freakjas wrote: »
    Guys, yesterday it was „oh my god why would they do that? They just want money, no way they will release them outside of packs, everyone that did the prime sbcs is screwed now“
    Today its „oh my god the sbcs will cost way too much, you can include your sbc cards but its still too expensive,“.
    Chill lol.
    We’ll get more info on friday, maybe before.
    Thats when youre allowed to hate on it.
    Maybe you will like it, maybe you wont.
    The whole idea is debatable, thats it though.
    Its ridiculous to already complain about sbcs being too expensive lol.
    Dont hate on the details before we know everything.

Granted a select few might be going over the top but most of the complaints in the thread are based on experience and jest. EA have at times in the past have shown themselves to be a bit foolish with SBC's and promos, as well as not being the most transparent of firms.

EA's tweet today very much looks like a reaction to the backlash yesterday but you are right, it could have all been planned out and we don't know. Again this comes round to them needing to be a bit more transparent at times.
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional
    I have no words anymore
    Ea Andy locked my post about this. Because people were sharing their opinions.
  • JayyThunder
    3985 posts National Call-Up
    I have no words anymore
    So like prime prime icons?
  • AFC_95
    8787 posts League Winner
    I have no words anymore
    Soon we'll see cards that are one upgrade ahead of headliners. This is getting ridiculous.
  • RA22Y
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    A for creativity
    Great idea. Might lower the price of other icons to make them attainable for more players.
  • SuperRob
    1326 posts Professional
    I have no words anymore
    I think its safe to say Tots will have higher ratings than Toty players. Wont be long before the first 100 rating player arrives
  • Futfanatic
    I have no words anymore
    RA22Y wrote: »
    Great idea. Might lower the price of other icons to make them attainable for more players.

I really hope so!
  • CarlF
    451 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have no words anymore
    Having the ability to put a Prime Icon into an SBC to get his extra Prime Icon ( or whatever they're called ) is a positive step, so long as it doesn't also require a ridiculous amount of stuff on top as well. I'm not suggesting a straight swap. But having already paid 1.6m for an untradable Ballack, I don't want to be shelling out another large amount for his new prime. I already got what, at the time I was led to believe, was the best possible Ballack card. Had I known another was possible, I wouldn't have bothered. We'll see how it plays out, but I'm dubious to say the least.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5464 posts Big Money Move
    I have no words anymore
    Still waiting for a timescale, “later” doesn’t cut it for me.
  • FIFABoss18
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have no words anymore
    This is the biggest joke ever, i have completed Best, Raul and Rijkard thinking they will be their best cards... I'm done if they dont make it cheap to upgrade my current prime icons to the moment ones
  • Dutchcaliber
    2642 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have no words anymore

this. they have ZERO transparancy on this. They said they would be more transparent but this is just the opposite.
  • kayron16
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite
    Other,...
    Couldn’t care less
  • I have no words anymore

this. they have ZERO transparancy on this. They said they would be more transparent but this is just the opposite.

Think it means ‘it’ll not be immediate as we’re expecting morons to shell out money on points come Friday. We’ll let you know in due course’
  • Jonx88
    596 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have no words anymore

Think it means ‘it’ll not be immediate as we’re expecting morons to shell out money on points come Friday. We’ll let you know in due course’

Yeah, it means we are making up these rules as we go along and need more time to figure out a strategy that will not affect FP sales
  • golazo
    1202 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 12
    I have no words anymore
    the major point imo. many lost real money and fifa coins on prime icons and prime sbcs. we all thought they were the best cards. if everyone knew ther was a higher version. all these primes and sbcs woudlve been waaay cheaper. EA truly scammed and false advertised to the max on this. fuckd up really.