New versions of icons being released Friday.

Comments

• Reus
    22225 posts Club Captain
    Reus wrote: »
    This is like 6th
    Very much looking forward to seeing who else gets an extra boost

A world cup cannavaro maybe
    Champions league Gerrard
    1998 owen

Lots of potentially interesting cards

Shouldn’t they just be the primes with dynamic images.

That would be pointless

Extra boost and new top icons always welcome

Cant base a promo around new pictures for icons can they

Everyone on here would moan no end

NEW icons would’ve been better.

I agree but that wasn't ever going to happen

This is the best promo of the year for me

It's not really a promo. They are just putting more players in packs for the rest of the year.

Even better then

I was ready to quit fifa 19

This should keep me interested longer with new versions of the icons to try

Or at least it will make the ones I haven't tried cheaper
  • Tsarov
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    And I think prime versions of the prime Icons (Jesus, it even sounds awful) will be available only through packs not SBC’s. That is not a good info.
  • Dan is Clutch
    23915 posts Club Captain
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Anyone reckon there’s anything saying anywhere that a certain prime is the ‘best’ version of that card?

In which case, if you did complete the sbc only for it to not be the ‘best’ is surely false advertisement?

I was thinking this a minute ago. I bet if you look hard enough, you can find something.
  • DarthGrowler
    14145 posts Has That Special Something
    I hate this idea. I really do but I have a horn for those dynamics
  • Bobb
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Are the people who think this is a good by EA trolling?

Imagine locking in millions of coins into untradeable prime icons, which EA have indicated will be the best version of that card all year. If you can’t trade in primes for every one of these new cards (which will not be the case) it’s a **** farce
  • WFCBagnall
    68584 posts Moderator
    edited February 11
    Shshj wrote: »
    You know you've **** up when even the content creators who have spent thousands of £££ and would be able to afford these new primes still feel cheated.

But he'll be happy when he puts 400k fp to try pack one, then have like 39m coins to buy one.
  • Reus
    22225 posts Club Captain
    This is like 6th

Champions league Gerrard
    1998 owen

That would be pointless

I’m guessing you haven’t done any icon sbcs this year lol. Primes of the prime is a joke and the most blatant cash grab I’ve seen on this game. Can tell Ea are desperate

No I never like to tie my coins up in untradeables

I did the hagi sbc last year a d regretted trying up 600k in it for the rest of the game
  • thewiseoldhag
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Anyone reckon there’s anything saying anywhere that a certain prime is the ‘best’ version of that card?

In which case, if you did complete the sbc only for it to not be the ‘best’ is surely false advertisement?

Yes... the word PRIME.
  • ccooaattssyy
    5738 posts Big Money Move
    Apex Legends >
  • Shshj
    3519 posts National Call-Up
    Barda wrote: »
    Na my grandparents will be thrilled when I tell them that Pele finally received an inform

:joy:
  • DutyHarry
    4831 posts National Call-Up

I was thinking this a minute ago. I bet if you look hard enough, you can find something.

Hmmm, false advertisement then?

Only good thing about this is I don't feel bad anymore for not doing Best's sbc. :D
  • WFCBagnall
    68584 posts Moderator
    Bobb wrote: »

Imagine locking in millions of coins into untradeable prime icons, which EA have indicated will be the best version of that card all year. If you can’t trade in primes for every one of these new cards (which will not be the case) it’s a **** farce

You do know that the majority of the moment cards will be of icons that havent already been released right? For the time being the only people who can feel a little angered is the 93 Best owners, but until we know 100% whether that 93 Best owners will be able to upgrade via an sbc, then all anybody can do is wait and see.
  • Färjestad
    2034 posts Fans' Favourite

• Jfo88
    22592 posts Club Captain
    Never been a more appropriate time to post this
  • ccooaattssyy
    edited February 11
    I do think most complete prime SBCs on the premise they are the best version available. This is a slap in the face and a terrible promo.

Icons should be iconic moments from day 1 with dynamic images.
  • Alexrb89
    3421 posts National Call-Up
    Färjestad wrote: »

FIFA 18 though...
  • Arsenalfan97
    7585 posts League Winner
    This is like 6th

Champions league Gerrard
    1998 owen

That would be pointless

I’m guessing you haven’t done any icon sbcs this year lol. Primes of the prime is a joke and the most blatant cash grab I’ve seen on this game. Can tell Ea are desperate

I did the hagi sbc last year a d regretted trying up 600k in it for the rest of the game

Probably why you aren’t so annoyed lol I just did prime nedved thinking yes I can’t any better nedved at his best. 3 days later opps no never mind this is actually nedved at his best we will release it 5 months in!

• Dan is Clutch
    23915 posts Club Captain
    Färjestad wrote: »

Clearly they didn't specify these icons would get IF's.
  • murazorr
    212 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 11
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

You do know that the majority of the moment cards will be of icons that havent already been released right? For the time being the only people who can feel a little angered is the 93 Best owners, but until we know 100% whether that 93 Best owners will be able to upgrade via an sbc, then all anybody can do is wait and see.

Stop thinking. Just moan like all the cool kids do :joy:
  • Dan is Clutch
    23915 posts Club Captain

Literally 0 chance of an SBC to upgrade. You can quote me.
  • DarthGrowler
    14145 posts Has That Special Something

Literally 0 chance of an SBC to upgrade. You can quote me.

• ccooaattssyy
    “Matthaus has had a fantastic season tbf”
  • WFCBagnall
    68584 posts Moderator
    murazorr wrote: »
    I mean it's a good job Icons were so easy to pack in the first place or else these would be a tad bit expensive...

They're all gonna be 5 mill

But everyone somehow feels shafted because they did nedved for 800k

What about those who have done Best? You seem to be struggling to understand this, or are purposefully being obtuse.

People have done SBCs on the basis they have the best version of that specific icon. For EA to now throw out better versions of those icons isn’t right. How many people
    Would do a prime icon SBC to then see a better version of said icon was available?

Very few.

OK so you tell us if you knew that OTW Best :trollface: will be available on market for and insane price for probably 2 months

All I did was moan before about promos and I was told I was boring.
  • WildaF3niX
    2064 posts Fans' Favourite
    So how many goals did Henry scored this weekend? 3? Nice to see him gettin an IF
  • murazorr
    212 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Moan is the new black tho
  • vibemix881
    2714 posts Fans' Favourite
    murazorr wrote: »
    I mean it's a good job Icons were so easy to pack in the first place or else these would be a tad bit expensive...

They're all gonna be 5 mill

But everyone somehow feels shafted because they did nedved for 800k

What about those who have done Best? You seem to be struggling to understand this, or are purposefully being obtuse.

People have done SBCs on the basis they have the best version of that specific icon. For EA to now throw out better versions of those icons isn’t right. How many people
    Would do a prime icon SBC to then see a better version of said icon was available?

Very few.

OK so you tell us if you knew that OTW Best :trollface: will be available on market for and insane price for probably 2 months

All I did was moan before about promos and I was told I was boring.

I prefer boring bagnall tbf
  • Reus
    22225 posts Club Captain
    This is like 6th

Champions league Gerrard
    1998 owen

That would be pointless

Probably why you aren’t so annoyed lol I just did prime nedved thinking yes I can’t any better nedved at his best. 3 days later opps no never mind this is actually nedved at his best we will release it 5 months in!

Did you use untradeables to do a large portion of nedved?
  • jmaurizio
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    WildaF3niX wrote: »
    So how many goals did Henry scored this weekend? 3? Nice to see him gettin an IF

Sell his OTW now during hype or wait for another IF?
  • Arsenalfan97
    7585 posts League Winner
    This is like 6th

Champions league Gerrard
    1998 owen

That would be pointless

Did you use untradeables to do a large portion of nedved?

Used a few knocked 150k off the 85 and 84 squads but I didn’t have a untradeable icon so I bought vieiri for like 417k.

• WildaF3niX
    2064 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 11
    jmaurizio wrote: »
    WildaF3niX wrote: »

Sell his OTW now during hype or wait for another IF?

Yeah, good idea, then re-buy more for profit when panic sell commence