UPGRADED PRIME ICONS COMING!!

Comments

• This is pretty much a big get fekked to prime owners as well. Terrible decision. Yes I have Henry and now I have to get myself a new one and take a big hit at the same time.
  • Lambo91
    1614 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 11
    Wouldn't be surprised if they actually cancelled the Winter OTW Promo because there wasn't any big transfers so they wouldn't gain much money since people won't be opening that many packs compared to if there was big transfers. So they decided to come up with this Moment of ICON promo instead for more money from promo packs on Friday.

Can't believe people are even supporting it and buying FIFA points which supports them. When they notice people are not buying FIFA points we would be seeing a voting poll on their social media asking US what we actually want but if we just support them and buy FIFA points for rubbish promos like this means we don't care we just wana give them money which will make them give us rubbish things like this.
    yogibear wrote: »
    This is pretty much a big get fekked to prime owners as well. Terrible decision. Yes I have Henry and now I have to get myself a new one and take a big hit at the same time.

"and now I have to get myself a new one"

Your 93 Henry and the 94 Henry in packs and on the market will feel the same. It's just a +1 rating in each category. Use the coins you're about to waste on an ICON you don't have.
  • Amdp9
    2144 posts Fans' Favourite
    So Icons have informs now days :D :D :D :D :D
  • Amdp9
    My Henry went down another 300k FML
  • Amdp9
    Alright now I am calling it out this game ! Done for this year !
  • Man they better upgrade the SBC cards 😡
  • ha032742
    33748 posts Moderator
    jlatinomex wrote: »
    Man they better upgrade the SBC cards 😡

Doubt it
  • ha032742
    33748 posts Moderator
    Lambo91 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if they actually cancelled the Winter OTW Promo because there wasn't any big transfers so they wouldn't gain much money since people won't be opening that many packs compared to if there was big transfers. So they decided to come up with this Moment of ICON promo instead for more money from promo packs on Friday.

Can't believe people are even supporting it and buying FIFA points which supports them. When they notice people are not buying FIFA points we would be seeing a voting poll on their social media asking US what we actually want but if we just support them and buy FIFA points for rubbish promos like this means we don't care we just wana give them money which will make them give us rubbish things like this.
    This is pretty much a big get fekked to prime owners as well. Terrible decision. Yes I have Henry and now I have to get myself a new one and take a big hit at the same time.

Your 93 Henry and the 94 Henry in packs and on the market will feel the same. It's just a +1 rating in each category. Use the coins you're about to waste on an ICON you don't have.

I’d pay the extra for the dynamic pic ngl.
  • HysxteriA
    2953 posts National Call-Up
    This is so insulting to those who completed the SBC's. I've got prime best, Raul and Rijkard. It's not that the card will preform any different it probably won't. But on principle is disgusting from EA and it just goes to show how much the give a damn about the community on their own forum. A company built on greed and nothing else.
  • Devers
    6534 posts Big Money Move
    these promos are only for the pros and youtubers anymore, if you want some of the action you will have to load up a **** load of points to not even pack one.

waste of time for the majority of the player base.
  • Devers
    6534 posts Big Money Move
    but....what price do we see 90 gullit going to? :D
  • Epasc1
    58 posts Park Captain

Ah the great backtracking from the man himself. Told everyone numerous times along with a thread about this special Winter OTW, get called out on it and then backtrack to try and save face, nice work.

My guess is they won't do an icon upgrade during fut birthday, might have happened last year but they've changed the way they do SBCs completely this year. Why would they release new Icons, making all Icon prices plummet to then bring out a base icon sbc, doesn't make sense and you're basing it all on guess work and what happened in the past.
  • xFATAL
    3869 posts National Call-Up
    Amdp9 wrote: »
    Alright now I am calling it out this game ! Done for this year !

Alot feel this way. Game is just so stale now. I actually took a break from playing weeks ago and now I don't see any point in returning. Good thing Apex legends released which i'm having a blast playing and I don't care about FUT anymore.
  • Lambo91
    1614 posts Play-Off Hero

Your 92 Henry and the 93 Henry in packs and on the market will feel the same. It's just a +1 rating in
    ha032742 wrote: »

If you're filthy rich then yeah go ahead lol but people like me who never spend real money on this game would just keep the 93 Henry because the 94 Henry they're offering will feel the same.
  • JamieT96
    6922 posts Big Money Move
    Wow, can't believe this, money grabbing ****.
  • Lambo91
    1614 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 12
    JamieT96 wrote: »

Conference room was based on: "Hey boss the OTW Winter Promo won't give us enough money to pay our mansion mortgages because there wasn't any big transfers so can we do something that can get us more money while we continue releasing the OTW Winter promo?"

then this Moment of ICON promo idea started and the boss said "YES MORE MONEY!!!! I was waiting to save for my Bugatti so this is perfect thanks guys the conference is over. Go work on it oh and release the OTW Winter Promo we need the extra money my kid asked for a Porsche"
  • Amdp9
    JamieT96 wrote: »

Conference room was based on: "Hey boss the OTW Winter Promo won't give us enough money to pay our mansion mortgages because there wasn't any big transfers so can we do something that can get us more money while we continue releasing the OTW Winter promo?"

then this Moment of ICON promo idea started and the boss said "YES MORE MONEY!!!! I was waiting to save for my Bugatti so this is perfect thanks guys the conference is over. Go work on it oh and release the OTW Winter Promo we need the extra money my kid asked for a Porsche"

:D
  • Amdp9
    I am so tired and sick of EA seems like every one of their mother got an upgrade, Not upset because I have Prime Henry, He game has become Ea's **** who EA thinks can give an upgrade to make money OFF from youtubers ETC, Genuine players like us who love trading and playing to make teams better have been pushed away due to that, Kiss my **** EA
  • Darfi02
    3277 posts National Call-Up
    Wow just wow seems prime means absolutely nothing now, what's next upgrades for TOTY cards :/ .
  • JackoEFC
    89 posts Park Captain
    Absolute joke
  • Miklelin
    200 posts Sunday League Hero
    STOP IT!! TRASH COMPANY! STOP **** SPOILING OUR GAME!
  • Miklelin wrote: »
    STOP IT!! TRASH COMPANY! STOP **** SPOILING OUR GAME!

I mean it is their game, they own it. I know what you mean though. The only feedback they seem to listen to is bizarre promo card concepts
  • Zv1k0
    5331 posts Big Money Move
    ha032742 wrote: »

Me too but dynamic pics don't always show. Delay I think?
  • Advait
    14714 posts World Class
    In form prime icons now!

What's next?

Giving bronze players who've never had a gold card, a live boosted item to celebrate resilience?

Nonsense
  • Lambo91
    1614 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 12
    The only positive thing we can take from this is those ICON Moment cards will be a higher weight than the original ICONS so they're most likely to be packed compared to the original ICONS.

Always look at the positive route whenever a negative hits your way in life.
  • Zv1k0
    5331 posts Big Money Move
    The only positive thing we can take from this is those ICON Moment cards will be a higher weight than the original ICONS so they're most likely to be packed compared to the original ICONS.

There's nothing positive about this promo.
  • Djkhalid1921
    8385 posts League Winner

kinda wondering how you came to that conclusion and from what evidence :lol:
  • Advait
    14714 posts World Class

You make as much sense as the promo
  • Mmandras
    1246 posts Professional
    edited February 12
    I think that their reasoning was:
    - People like dynamic pics
    - It will bring the prices of "prime" icons down and make icons more affordable
    - People complained that Toty, Tots and now FS have better stats than icons so here you go now, better stats
    - They need more promos on a regular basis as few big promos around TOTY, Futmass and TOTS are just not enough.

So what we see is evolution of the concept that started with Informs - stats and special cards are driving people to spend, so let's just give them more of that. What we are witnessing this year is an explosion of special cards.

And the argument that stats don't matter is false. UCL cards had +1 and it was their big licence. They wouldn't bother with this promo if it was so irrelevant.

And I'm not even sure we are giving EA right feedback on this one. People complaining about doing prime SBC is one thing but complaining about "too many cards" is a little bit silly as the whole concept of Ultimate Team revolves around it.
  • cantonagod
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mmandras wrote: »
    I think that their reasoning was:
    - People like dynamic pics
    - It will bring the prices of "prime" icons down and make icons more affordable
    - People complained that Toty, Tots and now FS have better stats than icons so here you go now, better stats
    - They need more promos on a regular basis as few big promos around TOTY, Futmass and TOTS are just not enough.

So what we see is evolution of the concept that started with Informs - stats and special cards are driving people to spend, so let's just give them more of that. What we are witnessing this year is an explosion of special cards.

And the argument that stats don't matter is false. UCL cards had +1 and it was their big licence. They wouldn't bother with this promo if it was so irrelevant.

And I'm not even sure we are giving EA right feedback on this one. People complaining about doing prime SBC is one thing but complaining about "too many cards" is a little bit silly as the whole concept of Ultimate Team revolves around it.

I take it you never did the Best PRIME icon SBC then? Hence your understanding of EA ripping the likes of me (who did it) who invested all his hard won coins into an SBC because he is my favorite ever Man Utd player and i wanted the prime card because of this fact. now he is no longer the prime card and i feel cheated because i obviously cannot sell or change him for this new card. PRIME being the most important word here- if he is not prime for the duration of the game than surely it is false advertising by EA...

the difference between the IF's and the OTW evolution is that they are not described as PRIME and we all know that they can be trumped by the player obtaining higher stats, so we make our decision on picking these cards up based upon this knowledge- this has never applied to ICONS- hence the reason why they have 3 versions to outline their playing career and the evolution of the player.

Whats next the PRIME minute, PRIME moment, of the PRIME icon?? Where does it stop?

JOKE