UPGRADED PRIME ICONS COMING!!

Comments

  • Tommygunn
    3135 posts National Call-Up
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Tymsy83 wrote: »
    I done an SBC for a prime (best) version of a George Best, if my version is the 2nd best then I want a refund on the fact it’s meant to be the PRIME version of him!!

    @EA_Andy it seems like the right thing to do is change anyone who has done them to the better version.

    EA are famous for doing the right thing ...
  • Devers
    7326 posts League Winner
    There has to be some sort of backlash to all this blatant money grabbing

    The star wars fans didnt let then get away with it

    I would be so pisssed had i done any of the prime sbc’s
  • Ishibum
    12166 posts Has That Special Something
    Having Figo, Rijkaard, and Nakata, I don't think I'll be too badly impacted by this, but it's a kick in the teeth for a lot of people. How can you have a company though with a dev studio (Respawn) that produces a roadmap for the next 12 months with everyone able to see it, then have this shambles in which they continually shoot themselves in the foot regarding their schedules? I know EA were looking for a FUT content manager but surely they have other people that can actually do the basic? Currently, it's a mess.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9263 posts League Winner
    Tymsy83 wrote: »
    I done an SBC for a prime (best) version of a George Best, if my version is the 2nd best then I want a refund on the fact it’s meant to be the PRIME version of him!!

    I think what EA did is wrong and screws ppl over but your logic is flawed m8. If BMW released a car for 100K and said its their best car out and you bought it you knew the stats and specs u were getting for your money, so if later BMW releases an even upgraded more expensive car you can't say I want a refund because you released an upgraded car
  • Peewee916
    880 posts Professional
    Tymsy83 wrote: »
    I done an SBC for a prime (best) version of a George Best, if my version is the 2nd best then I want a refund on the fact it’s meant to be the PRIME version of him!!

    I think what EA did is wrong and screws ppl over but your logic is flawed m8. If BMW released a car for 100K and said its their best car out and you bought it you knew the stats and specs u were getting for your money, so if later BMW releases an even upgraded more expensive car you can't say I want a refund because you released an upgraded car
    Tf? 🤨

  • Djkhalid1921
    9263 posts League Winner
    Peewee916 wrote: »
    Tymsy83 wrote: »
    I done an SBC for a prime (best) version of a George Best, if my version is the 2nd best then I want a refund on the fact it’s meant to be the PRIME version of him!!

    I think what EA did is wrong and screws ppl over but your logic is flawed m8. If BMW released a car for 100K and said its their best car out and you bought it you knew the stats and specs u were getting for your money, so if later BMW releases an even upgraded more expensive car you can't say I want a refund because you released an upgraded car
    Tf? 🤨

    idk why that analogy confused you :/ . What I am saying is what EA did was wrong and not really moral but you cant demand a refund because you got the product you paid for
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6325 posts Big Money Move
    I think everyone is massively overreacting before you've even seen the event or what they have planned, this could just be an entire event for them to mass release prime icons with a couple of upgraded cards.....

    And before you say oh you are just saying this because it probably doesn't affect me i currently have 7 untradeable primes in my club and i don't care at all what they are doing with these new primes
  • Forca-Barca
    2992 posts National Call-Up
    Technically, you did the best version at the time. Now EA wants to release better versions. Lol now I just learned a lesson, don’t do SBCs . Thank god dhino SBC wasn’t releases or I would be mad
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    Tymsy83 wrote: »
    I done an SBC for a prime (best) version of a George Best, if my version is the 2nd best then I want a refund on the fact it’s meant to be the PRIME version of him!!

    I think what EA did is wrong and screws ppl over but your logic is flawed m8. If BMW released a car for 100K and said its their best car out and you bought it you knew the stats and specs u were getting for your money, so if later BMW releases an even upgraded more expensive car you can't say I want a refund because you released an upgraded car

    Bad example. Car companies constantly release better cars.
  • IxToMxI
    5488 posts Big Money Move
    Tbf I think I’m more annoyed that the new ones have dynamic pictures of the icons and sick gold stripe more than them having better stats
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6325 posts Big Money Move
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    Tbf I think I’m more annoyed that the new ones have dynamic pictures of the icons and sick gold stripe more than them having better stats

    This exactly :lol:
  • Djkhalid1921
    9263 posts League Winner
    edited February 11
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Tymsy83 wrote: »
    I done an SBC for a prime (best) version of a George Best, if my version is the 2nd best then I want a refund on the fact it’s meant to be the PRIME version of him!!

    I think what EA did is wrong and screws ppl over but your logic is flawed m8. If BMW released a car for 100K and said its their best car out and you bought it you knew the stats and specs u were getting for your money, so if later BMW releases an even upgraded more expensive car you can't say I want a refund because you released an upgraded car

    Bad example. Car companies constantly release better cars.

    as do ea, toty ron 98, tots ron was 99 in fifa 16. lesson learned from then on
  • InfernaL
    1448 posts Play-Off Hero
    Devers wrote: »
    There has to be some sort of backlash to all this blatant money grabbing

    The star wars fans didnt let then get away with it

    I would be so pisssed had i done any of the prime sbc’s

    EA is probably trying to make as much money this year as possible, the only reason I can think about is that more countries might follow Belgium (other than greed).
  • Djkhalid1921
    9263 posts League Winner
    InfernaL wrote: »
    Devers wrote: »
    There has to be some sort of backlash to all this blatant money grabbing

    The star wars fans didnt let then get away with it

    I would be so pisssed had i done any of the prime sbc’s

    EA is probably trying to make as much money this year as possible, the only reason I can think about is that more countries might follow Belgium (other than greed).

    ireland is next from what i've read
  • Miklelin
    221 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hahaha that's just no no no. Ea just lost their minds. Total bs
  • ha032742
    34898 posts Moderator
    edited February 11
    The funny thing is that these “new” icons only have +1 and +2 on the face card stats of the prime’s yet people are panic selling their cards and are going to pay through the nose for the new ones.

    Yes I will buy them for the dynamics :trollface:
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6325 posts Big Money Move
    ha032742 wrote: »
    The funny thing is that these “new” icons only have +1 and +2 on the face card stats of the prime’s yet people are panic selling their cards and are going to pay through the nose.

    Yes I will buy them for the dynamics :trollface:

    Most of the panic comes from people not knowing what ones will be released also i have a feeling alot of prime sbcs are going to be released next week
  • PegLeg
    232 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Bad example. Car companies constantly release better cars.

    Well, to be fair, EA release better cards all the time. That's the whole point of IFs, SIFs, TIFs, TOTY, TOTS and all of the other card upgrades. Still stinks though.
  • IxToMxI
    5488 posts Big Money Move
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    Courtesy of @Loyal-to-LFC
    mlEHgRK.jpg

    I’ve got a lot of time for this
  • A_Snipe
    1860 posts Play-Off Hero
    Maybe they’ll release them cheap if you already have their icon card. It’s a super unlikely scenario but could happen. But then it messes the people that don’t have any version already and the cards would go crazy expensive

    Similar to potm sbc requiring a special version. (Alli and ibra from what I remember)
  • Lambo91
    1723 posts Play-Off Hero
    "To celebrate heroic Moments of ICON’s in their Prime, special new versions of select ICONS will be released in packs this Friday, with more to come throughout the following week and remainder of FUT 19."

    They're only mentioning them being available in packs, not SBC's...interesting....so they'll continue releasing the Prime ICON SBC's

    Closer to FUT Birthday which is the Guaranteed Base ICON SBC.

    They're all +1 in each rating so I don't know why people are complaining. It'll feel like the same card.
  • Mmandras
    1721 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 11
    Upgraded TOTY please. Team of the Why Not.
  • Leessa
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lambo91 wrote: »
    "To celebrate heroic Moments of ICON’s in their Prime, special new versions of select ICONS will be released in packs this Friday, with more to come throughout the following week and remainder of FUT 19."

    They're only mentioning them being available in packs, not SBC's...interesting....so they'll continue releasing the Prime ICON SBC's

    Closer to FUT Birthday which is the Guaranteed Base ICON SBC.

    They're all +1 in each rating so I don't know why people are complaining. It'll feel like the same card.

    Celebrating heroic moments of icons in their PRIME. So wtf do we have Prime Icons for? Forget how much theyre increasing by, the difference with Icons is people want their favourite players or legends from their club. This just ruins that. The majority of the playerbase arent here to compete at tournaments theyre here to have fun and enjoy the game and we just keep getting mugged off.
  • Mmandras
    1721 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some people find new cards fun. Just sayin'.
  • xFATAL
    4037 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 11
    This is a horrible move by EA. Obviously alot of backlash from this but now we know why they didn't release any big Prime Icons before pulling this latest cashgrab stunt. Imagine dumping 4mil+ into a Prime Gullit just to see a better version release. Like I said weeks ago FUT is turning into MUT where EVERYTHING will be 99s by the end of the game cycle. Think i'm done with FUT, EA have takin all the enjoyment out of the game mode for me.
  • FD1TQ
    62 posts Park Captain
    Really a shame how much microtransactions have ruined online gaming. This is just lazy but why put more effort in when you don't have to?
  • Manda1997
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is pathetic
  • Delboy13710
    4674 posts National Call-Up
    Why not just release a base icon sbc like last year. I’d be pissed if I’d have done best. I think EA know that micro transactions are coming to an end so there just milking it whilst they still can
  • Dutch3723
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Absolute scum EA
Sign In or Register to comment.