Fifa addiction

RSG
184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Hi I’m not in a good place with this game anymore I’ve spent so much money & time on a game I don’t enjoy Fifa 19 at all. the defending is disgustingly un responsive I’ve looked at every single tutorial possible I’ve had advice off of people on Twitter nothing works I’ve spent an absolute fortune on this title and ones previous to this I’m so fed up and it’s really affecting me my temper goes from 0-60 in seconds. i think it’s time to kick this habit I love football and love the aspect of Fut but the gameplay will make me smash another controller or worse it’s an uncontrollable rage which I can’t risk anymore. I have been threw every single formation and custom tactics tried so hard to use jockey and right stick switching I just can’t get to grips I played football games so well when I was younger ie international super star soccer pes Fifa 14 -17 now I’m just chasing a game that will never click. fortunately I really like platform games and other titles but football is what I Really enjoy just not happening sadly if anyone else feels like this please advise much appreciated

Comments

• Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    Yeah I've got advice for you buddy
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    Quit
  • RSG
    games deleted wasn’t gonna happen for me
  • mellow_yellow
    277 posts Sunday League Hero
    Feel for you buddy, rtg is the way forward, accept that the game is gonna F you over and just enjoy it for what is it. Worst thing you can do is waste real life money on this game.
  • Massman
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    the last patch helped me stop playing this game on a daily basis
    its pure torture now
  • Hippyboy6
    16858 posts World Class
    If your rage is that bad that you don't feel you can control it, it isn't just the game that's a problem. We all get annoyed at times, especially if you've pumped a lot of money into it (no need to really) but not to the point you are describing
  • RandomLhama83
    10090 posts Has That Special Something
    RTG is the way to go.... because since you have nothing invested in the game you dont really give a sht or not if ur a gold player or not.... its different tho when you invest money everyone wants to be an elite lvl player ect... but ya def quit if its not good for ur health. gl
  • SKhan31
    1028 posts Professional
    When the fun stops stop
  • Richard
    11407 posts Has That Special Something
    Stopping playing FIFA increases the quality of life.
  • ccooaattssyy
    6442 posts Big Money Move
    Play RuneScape
  • RSG
    Thanks guys I appreciate the reply I’ve deleted everything and soon this account so il be saying good bye and good luck in the future hopefully one day a real games designer will bless us with a decent football title on consoles and pc
  • Furrag85
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    Focus your attention and direct your energy elsewhere.

New game, new hobby. Whatever. If you can't do that, sell your entire team & consumables and focus on trading.
  • TalentFG
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    RSG wrote: »
    games deleted wasn’t gonna happen for me

Walking away is the right move. You’ll be amazed how much better life feels without Fifa in it.

Best of luck to you 👍🏻
  • RSG
    Much appreciated bro
  • makkan00
    485 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sorry to hear that and I feel your pain.

I am in your situation. I am a qualified medic with kids.
    Trust me that this game can shoot your blood pressure sometimes.

I guess the fun element is gone out of this game or we are taking it too seriously. We get hooked up to it so badly that we think this is the real life.
    Its just a virtual life.

I have a digital watch to monitor my BP, SPO2 and heart rate. And I can go back and review the data. I noticed that when I am playing and play more than 4-5 matches in one session, BP and heart rates goes up due to the stress.

So, I have stopped playing more than 3-4 games in one session. And worst case scenario, its just a game.
  • makkan00
    485 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Surprisingly, I am loving it after the last patch. Prior to that, it was a finesse shot competition.

Its a [roper football now. I see that some complaints about parking the bus and AI defending, however, if you are smart and persistent, you can easily break the defensive line.

I am not a good player but I know:
    when to use corners in my advantage
    How to get the bus moved and then counter attack

and so on. I give credit to EA as they have released the recent patch.
  • Get in to football manager. Slower, calmer and more rewarding.

Also it's about football, not micro-transactions.
  • jmaurizio
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just don’t spend any real money. Mo money Mo problems
  • Cyklon
    2683 posts Fans' Favourite
    Played a few games of 19 round my mates and that was enough. My Fut journey ended in 18, not missing it one bit. Tried RE2/PES and I’m more chilled and not worrying if my players have lost 50k etc every day. I was in the same boat, trying to constantly update players improve the team and I realised it really didn’t matter as it just wasn’t fun anymore
  • Knowlesdinho
    10009 posts Has That Special Something
    Get in to football manager. Slower, calmer and more rewarding.

Also it's about football, not micro-transactions.

It’s all about micro transactions, as you try get those bargains for a fraction of your transfer budget! :joy:
  • hound18
    9 posts Ball Boy
    This game should come with parental control it’s not fair on kids or parents
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    Don’t use money on the game - period

Will make you feel loads better. I have the best team I have had in any FIFA, without using any real money.
  • hound18
    9 posts Ball Boy
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    Don’t use money on the game - period

Will make you feel loads better. I have the best team I have had in any FIFA, without using any real money.
    I don’t play it anymore mate it’s shockingly unresponsive poor made game that needs patch after patch to improve it the most worrying thing is you’ve got you tubers making clips called Fifa rage basically making there game look like crap in the first place so any newcomers will think
    **** that what the hell would I buy that for no I’ve learned my lesson and there are more games out there and until a new football simulator comes out when I don’t know but is it possible I think so

• YOLOT0URE
    6943 posts Big Money Move
    @Ryan1985 you are not a detective :lol: cmon at least make it something reasonable
  • Azof
    16099 posts World Class
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    @Ryan1985 you are not a detective :lol: cmon at least make it something reasonable

He is pikachu
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »

It isn't that hard to be a copper anymore.
    Breath, sleep, ****, got the job.
  • batsos
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Hibee wrote: »
    Everything about the game is designed to be addictive. I'm sure the gameplay is also deliberately frustrating, so that you constantly change your team, and thus potentially spend more money. The game is really not healthy.

THIS
  • hound18
    9 posts Ball Boy
    Roll on fight night 2020 I say
    batsos wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    Everything about the game is designed to be addictive. I'm sure the gameplay is also deliberately frustrating, so that you constantly change your team, and thus potentially spend more money. The game is really not healthy.

THIS

• Joestoe
    4272 posts National Call-Up
    Play RuneScape

This sounds trolly but having an easy, mindless game helps a lot. I've played RuneScape for many hours and the grinding helps you relax where Fifa stresses you out like nothing else can.

Just find another game that has no stress involved and you can play for hours and hours on end.