The Icon SBC situation

Cantona84
6959 posts Big Money Move
I need to have a quick rant. Why the F ain’t EA releasing these ones at a higher rate?

The ones I want seem so far away, and for me they are the best “content” of the game. But it’s not that much fun putting millions into an sbc mid May.

Don’t come in here with your “you can buy the card of the market” ****. With untradable rewards and upgrade sbcs many of us sit on loads of untradables which will drive the price down a lot.

This Icon situation is really, really frustrating.

Comments

• Campino
    25181 posts Player of the Year
    Leave it dude, I got a slap on the wrists for arguing my point believe it or not.

Just make your peace with it now
  • Cantona84
    Campino wrote: »
    Leave it dude, I got a slap on the wrists for arguing my point believe it or not.

Just make your peace with it now

It’s 100% legitimate having this discussion. I ain’t being rude or something like that.

Icons is such a big part of the game, and the lack of transparency from EA makes people frustrated. With good reason.
  • Fab
    17317 posts World Class
    if they release the best as last they can keep people hooked or hook them back in instead of people quitting mid march once they bored or whatever thats my guess subscribe for more its all about maximising the money u feel thats just my take dont quote me
  • Campino
    You know my thoughts on it, can’t say anymore though
  • ccooaattssyy
    3500 posts National Call-Up
    Just accept it. Just get some lube so it hurts less
  • Alexrb89
    2324 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fab wrote: »
    if they release the best as last they can keep people hooked or hook them back in instead of people quitting mid march once they bored or whatever thats my guess subscribe for more its all about maximising the money u feel thats just my take dont quote me

i just did what punishment will i receive will u spank me fab
  • Ning
    705 posts An Exciting Prospect
    To be honest I don't get all this uproar. Apart from like 6 Icons, there are a ton of players in the game who are better by now, whilst also giving a bunch of choices of players who would normally never get any boosts. Also provides more chance to pull something which is always a nice rush.
  • Crossland
    4463 posts National Call-Up
    Fab wrote: »

@Fab is spot on it's all about keeping us playing or drawing us back in to keep the fifa points selling till the next Fifa,the best primes were never ever gonna drop before Mid March/April it makes no sense for EA to rush them out in their eyes
  • Ulook92
    10569 posts Has That Special Something
    Just release Socrates and Maldini already!!!!
  • SupaNoodle1990
    24800 posts Club Captain
    I’m getting really frustrated with it all now.
  • Keano
    8698 posts League Winner
    Ning wrote: »
    To be honest I don't get all this uproar. Apart from like 6 Icons, there are a ton of players in the game who are better by now, whilst also giving a bunch of choices of players who would normally never get any boosts. Also provides more chance to pull something which is always a nice rush.

Except people literally buy the game and play FUT for icons
  • Its disgusting .

Taking a break until they release a big one.
  • Blackpoolmonster
    3856 posts National Call-Up
    Money. That’s why.

They know if they drop promo after promo they can rinse the points as people will buy them for packs. Then once the game has been out for 70% of its shelf life and the stats show people are reducing their spend/play time on the game they drop a big icon SBC and everyone comes running back to complete and play again.

It’s a money making exercise and nothing else.
  • Overevil
    2660 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nedved in november couldve been ok, same for best in december
    I can understand they save r9 for later but whats the point in releasing henry or maradona late? Even those ffs kids have better stats/stamina and price
  • Ning
    705 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Keano wrote: »

Which is a percent of a percent, who happen to be the whales and the ones they know can keep spending if they release them sporadically and slowly.
  • Campino

Which is a percent of a percent, who happen to be the whales and the ones they know can keep spending if they release them sporadically and slowly.

Well, that’s a top draw generalisation there isn’t it.

Again, someone totally clueless to the concept of nostalgia, or being half decent at the game to get the best rewards, or getting lucky in a pack or well anything else really.

There are naive people on the forum and some people that post naieve statements

You’re literally 2 for the price of 1
  • alex1987
    4333 posts National Call-Up
    Because this Friday there's a new promo with prima icons +1 rating
  • Cantona84
    edited February 11
    This thread just got more relevant. EA is taking us for a ride.
  • McLaughlan_26
    450 posts Sunday League Hero
    Campino wrote: »

Well, that’s a top draw generalisation there isn’t it.

Again, someone totally clueless to the concept of nostalgia, or being half decent at the game to get the best rewards, or getting lucky in a pack or well anything else really.

There are naive people on the forum and some people that post naieve statements

You’re literally 2 for the price of 1

Icons kept me playing this game. This has been my first FUT since like fifa 14.

I was literally about to stop playing the game 2 months ago, then I though F it and put the majority of my coins into a SBC Icon, and since then I've done 4 more and literally the most enjoyment I'get out of this game is building the Icons because to me they feel a bit more special when you don't buy them off the market.

I won't be able to afford any of the top end ones, but I get why people who have been waiting for them want them released, the game is literally a non stop grind and the fun is getting the players you want, mainly due to the design of the game being win at all costs + the terrible gameplay
  • Glass0nion
    3552 posts National Call-Up
    Its disappointing alot like this years gameplay
  • RebelRob
    3477 posts National Call-Up
    It’s a money making exercise and nothing else.

This is the exact reason for it.

Any argument about them being ‘gamebreaking’ or too OP is completely undermined by doing the ffs promo, not to mention the toty players being the best of the best statistically.

Ea are greedy and grabbing every penny they can before loot boxes and Fifa points are outlawed.

And I literally started typing that before seeing about the ‘prime’ prime icons 😂

Absolute farce.

• SupaNoodle1990
    24800 posts Club Captain
    This is our punishment for moaning about icon releases.
  • ccooaattssyy
    3500 posts National Call-Up
    Yikes
  • xFATAL
    3872 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 11
    Fut is going down the same road as Mut. I'll just hold my coins for all the 99s they will release later on.
  • Falafelmonster
    4541 posts National Call-Up
    xFATAL wrote: »
    Fut is going down the same road as Mut. I'll just hold my coins for all the 99s they will release later on.

This. People who know/play MUT saw this coming. Not surprised.
  • Sixtech
    1177 posts Professional
    This thread did not age well at all. Curious about how this icon moments will work, given that Henry and Matthaus did not get an SBC yet.