And so it begins in Ireland

Comments

• JackoEFC
    89 posts Park Captain
    EA are screwd now they will have to put a bit of effort into the games they release now
  • Mr_Matchup1
    3914 posts National Call-Up
    It won't get banned in the UK or USA
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    335 posts Sunday League Hero
    B
    E
    A
    U
    T
    I
    F
    U
    L

:blush:
  • xXCAMARAXx
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yup this icon promo tops it off.. they know it coming to an end. Only thing I can see happening is ea allow us to buy players similar to skins in counter strike.
  • bberger
    3179 posts National Call-Up
    It's starting to gain momentum. The only thing that's sad about this is that EA will likely just shut down FUT for good - which once was a brilliant concept - rather than adjust and fix it..
  • holdenwait
    50378 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    great let em crash and burn
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2078 posts Fans' Favourite
    Even though FIFA pts and the gambling aspect will likely become a relic of the past; they'll come up with other ways to hoodwink people into spending serious money on improving their squads. The p2w structure in this franchise cannot be expunged. It has become embedded in FIFA like a recurring malignant tumor.

The obvious solution for them would be to sell coins directly and rework the pack system.
  • Libguy
    4129 posts National Call-Up
    Kouli06 wrote: »
    Lovely little read.
    Hoping for a swift death to EAs greed!

You all will be crying when everyone can buy Ronaldo for $100 next year. You will probably be able to buy every player for $100, which will be great fun for people that don’t spend money because now the people that spent $1000 and had a good team will have the best team possible. I can’t wait to see that lol

Yeah, I can't stress this enough. If packs are banned, the game will be more pay to win than you could ever imagine. You will either buy players directly from EA or you will buy coins directly from EA. Do you really want to live in a world where your starter team is up against my Prime (Super Prime?) R9 because I handed EA $500?
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2078 posts Fans' Favourite
    Libguy wrote: »
    Lovely little read.

You all will be crying when everyone can buy Ronaldo for $100 next year. You will probably be able to buy every player for $100, which will be great fun for people that don’t spend money because now the people that spent $1000 and had a good team will have the best team possible. I can’t wait to see that lol

Yeah, I can't stress this enough. If packs are banned, the game will be more pay to win than you could ever imagine. You will either buy players directly from EA or you will buy coins directly from EA. Do you really want to live in a world where your starter team is up against my Prime (Super Prime?) R9 because I handed EA $500?

That is already the case. Crazy I know.
  • JordVorenholt
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    Do you really want to live in a world where your starter team is up against my Prime (Super Prime?) R9 because I handed EA $500?
    sure

also, matchmaking will take care of that

higher divisions are basically pay to win. hard to pin a number on it what percentage of div 1 is pay2win, but I presume it's high
  • Mr_Matchup1
    I can't see how the game would work without packs
  • Libguy
    4129 posts National Call-Up
    Lovely little read.

True, but this would be cutting out all the nonsense. We already buy coins from EA in the form of packs. I doubt $500 in packs could get you an R9 (without really good luck) now. Plus it just takes a lot of time to sell stuff. It's just gonna be that much easier and probably cheaper to get the best players.
  • Mr_Matchup1
    Lovely little read.

True, but this would be cutting out all the nonsense. We already buy coins from EA in the form of packs. I doubt $500 in packs could get you an R9 (without really good luck) now. Plus it just takes a lot of time to sell stuff. It's just gonna be that much easier and probably cheaper to get the best players.

I think if you lost the trading aspect of the game you would lose a massive percentage of the player base
  • o0OainavO0o
    1658 posts Play-Off Hero
    Coderood wrote: »
    sanjay17 wrote: »
    Coderood wrote: »
    Here in the Netherlands the gouverment is also talking about this. Bye bye greedy EA. See you!

grEAdy*
    there. fixed it for you

I dont live in your country you ****. English is my second language. I am not suppossed to write it perfectly

25c6088e5125af916c978a5e9cee51c5.png
    JUUAJUAJUA, instantly made me think of this
  • Alex_cr
    3175 posts National Call-Up
    I have a question, if it is now judged to be gambling, does that mean it's always been gambling and people have been tricked in gambling?

Children, religious people ect...

This could get messy

No it won’t. Not the first thing to be reclassified won’t be the last. People trying to make this into more than it is.

• Alex_cr
    HAHAHA! Love it! RIP EA share holders 😂😂😂. I sincerely hope this company crashes and burns. Literally the worst company I’ve ever dealt with!

All those people that have argued that it’s not gambling have been exposed for the corporatist apologists/sympathisers that they are.

I’ve got a feeling they’ll be just fine.
  • Numlocked_
    1419 posts Play-Off Hero

Make every player upgradeable by playing them and gettings achievements with them. Thus implementing career mode into FUT
  • Alex_cr
    Numlocked_ wrote: »

Make every player upgradeable by playing them and gettings achievements with them. Thus implementing career mode into FUT

Sounds rubbish to be honest. I like packs even though my pack record is not particularly great. I also like trading as many do. That’d be gone too.

• Mr_Matchup1
    Alex_cr wrote: »

Sounds rubbish to be honest. I like packs even though my pack record is not particularly great. I also like trading as many do. That’d be gone too.

Yep it sounds really boring , I like the trading / sbc's
  • Instead of packs each player or item will have a points or dollar value attached to it. It’s these loot boxes - which are considered as gambling - which are being outlawed. Micro transactions will remain. Nothing will change.
  • RandomLhama83
    9991 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 12
    ppl need careful wat they wish for. FUT as we kno it could be coming to an end.... Its simple, if u could not afford to buy FP you should not do it. and just enjoy RTGs.... gettin pack sales banned might just scare of shareholders and goodbye FUT. Remember icons and fifa licenses arent free.
  • Mr_Matchup1
    Cobra738 wrote: »
    Instead of packs each player or item will have a points or dollar value attached to it. It’s these loot boxes - which are considered as gambling - which are being outlawed. Micro transactions will remain. Nothing will change.

I'm not sure how that would work , say I wanted 82 rated john stones . Would I have to pay for him :D
  • IamLeeroy
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lovely little read.

Ide rather play the best teams in the game and know I could have the exact same team for the exact same IRL money spent.

But the real issue is this crap coming out when the game is in such a dire state.
  • BladesManSUFC
    420 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’ve waited so long for this moment! Grinch smile all the way across my face 😏
  • Inutiles FC
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Hahahahahaahah they make that already in the first ultimate team, I remember everyone playing with pique with 99 pace 99 shot 99 dribbling and 99 header
  • VladimirSochi
    431 posts Sunday League Hero
    People are so certain EA is doomed. What you want to happen and what is likely to happen are entirely different. Fifa points will be in Fifa 20 kids. The ship won’t sink that easy. Those saying things are “100% about to change” are very naive. And yes, I want change. But slow your roll. They will work things in their favor. They are probably figuring out a new method to do it as we speak
  • KingBarca
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 12

JackoEFC wrote: »
    EA are screwd now they will have to put a bit of effort into the games they release now

Hahahahahahahaha

The same with the "Now they have to focus on gameplay" Idiots.

You are in for a rough awakening.

Imagine Fifa Points gone worldwide.
    This is roughly 1 billion $ less for them

You really think they put more effort in if they get 1 billion $ less?
    You are the guys that think EA wants to be your friend too right?:D

If they don't find a replacement for the lost money this will go back to the Pre-Ultimate Team Effort they had.
    Ultimate Team made them more and more money and the more they started caring and even though with that it was a **** show.
    Some of you weren't probably even alive to remember how garbage Fifa was until they found a way to monetize it.

If they dont get that billion $ replaced they would lose out they will make sure to adjust what they are spending too.
    Meaning less content,less work on the game and many other things.
    If they sell 10 Million copies less from Fifa without Ultimate Team known as of today they will simply make sure they spend less on it too =)

They are not a charity.

So what they will do is to find a way to make sure to not let that billion $ go.
    They make sure to find something to replace it before they give up and this obviously can be better or worse.
    Its EA - It will be worse for the customer.

I guess they would sell the players for a fixed price.
    1000$ for a CR7 or something like that - You whole Meta Team will be like 10 000$/€.
    Trading those types of players would probably not exist either anymore because they have a set value then and no one will get rid of 1000$ players.

If they can't sell you packs anymore they obviously will reduce the rewards too because there is no reason anymore to get you addicted to them pack openings.

No Fifa Points means less META Cards on the Transfermarket if there even will be one left.
    The whole concept of FUT will be probably changed in a scenario without Fifa Points because its completely build around it these days.
    Probably even the coin concept could change in this world because trading basically makes no sense anymore.

Some of you think you will suddenly all swim in Prime ICONs,CR7 and TOTY Cards.
    It will be the other way around.
    There will be LESS Cards available for those not willing to spend $$$.

I really hope they go with the "Buy CR7 for 1000$" concept and completely change it so some of you idiots will face reality.
    And no one will sell his 1000$ Player especially not in exchange for your stupid coins or whatever.

LOL them at suddenly caring more for the game and going for perfect gameplay in a scenario they would lose 1 billion $ made through Microtransactions.
  • madwullie
    2455 posts Fans' Favourite

This completely destroys the real life feel of fut. If I play Dougie imrie (scummy Hamilton accies midfielder) for 500 games he becomes on a par with Messi? No thanks. Never seen the appeal of upgradeable players. Feels more rpg (which I love) than sports game.
  • RandomLhama83
    9991 posts Has That Special Something
    People are so certain EA is doomed. What you want to happen and what is likely to happen are entirely different. Fifa points will be in Fifa 20 kids. The ship won’t sink that easy. Those saying things are “100% about to change” are very naive. And yes, I want change. But slow your roll. They will work things in their favor. They are probably figuring out a new method to do it as we speak

exactly... FUT could be a disaster if CR7s were sold at 100$ a pop.... every team having a cr7, and full icon teams everywhere. It could be more p2w than now because since ppl know wat they would be gettin they may be willing to spend even more so.... I hate EA for other reasons but i think changing the format could ruin UT.
  • VladimirSochi
    431 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 12

exactly... FUT could be a disaster if CR7s were sold at 100$ a pop.... every team having a cr7, and full icon teams everywhere. It could be more p2w than now because since ppl know wat they would be gettin they may be willing to spend even more so.... I hate EA for other reasons but i think changing the format could ruin UT.

Yep. Personally I don’t think they will sell players like that though. I think there will be even more descriptions on packs and all promo packs will be available at higher cost. I could see a guaranteed TOTW pack where you know you get one TOTW but the player is random for like $20

Or an ICON pack where you are guaranteed a random icon for $200

That keeps the randomness of packs and the addictive nature of them but allows enough transparency that you can’t accuse them of gambling tactics