Weekend league glitch

MNnative
355 posts Sunday League Hero
I’ve nevwr noticed this as much as this weekend you play a game and they see they aren’t going to win and quit and I don’t get a win and the game doesn’t count.. why?? How is that even a thing half way through the year!

Comments

• Blackpoolmonster
    3856 posts National Call-Up
    MNnative wrote: »
    I’ve nevwr noticed this as much as this weekend you play a game and they see they aren’t going to win and quit and I don’t get a win and the game doesn’t count.. why?? How is that even a thing half way through the year!

It’s not a glitch.
  • Ian_Ando08
    6102 posts Big Money Move
    Not a glitch just terrible the way EA made it work like that
  • MNnative
    Well I hate it and it happened to me over 5 times today for sure.. if it’s not because my teams looks better or I’m playing well at kick off it’s cuz they were winning and I made a comeback and then quit becuase they don’t want to lose... the last one is where it gets to me.. I spent my time making a comeback just give me them win EA
  • YOLOT0URE
    6330 posts Big Money Move
    Why do you deserve a win when you aren’t winning? Oh yeah I know why -entitled
  • ITSSPENO
    1588 posts Play-Off Hero
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »

If it's to the point where he is clearly dominating and the other person forfeits of course he deserves the win
  • YOLOT0URE
    ITSSPENO wrote: »

If it's to the point where he is clearly dominating and the other person forfeits of course he deserves the win

Why does he? If he’s winning yes, but if he’s not winning then he doesn’t deserve the win. How many games a weekend do you dominate and not win? It’s a regular occurrence. The system they have in place is probably the best way to do it tbh
  • maXmood
    1972 posts Fans' Favourite
    on the same topic, this has happened to me several times..

i'm winning in the first half, the opponent presses start just before the time is up, when we go into the break, the timer runs out but nothing happens then.. i just sit there watching the different camera showing different angles of the pitch. i can't do anything but quit/close the whole game, which results in DNF..

i've waited on this for half an hour, but nothing happened..
  • YOLOT0URE
    Duncan1972 wrote: »
    ITSSPENO wrote: »

Why does he? If he’s winning yes, but if he’s not winning then he doesn’t deserve the win. How many games a weekend do you dominate and not win? It’s a regular occurrence. The system they have in place is probably the best way to do it tbh

OP is completely correct- as in any sport if a participant forfeits a game then the other team/player gets a whitewash.

Its not entitlement from the OP. Did you maybe think that if EA did introduce a system like that then players wouldn't quit and waste other players time?

Its just common sense.

So ever played draft mode last year where if you go 1-0 up your opponent ‘loses connection’? Or the same if you go 1-0 down? Imagine that where both teams win every game. Because the winner is winning and the losing is getting disconnected from. That would become WL.

Or ever heard of DDOS? People on here claim it’s happened to them regular. Imagine being 5-0 up and your connection essentially being attacked, therefore you quit, you get the loss and the guy 5-0 down gets a win.

Do it, beg for it. Fine by me. I don’t play WL. I just think you’ve gotta remember this isn’t an ideal world. Fifa is the most desperate and sweaty game ever now because of WL. This would only make it worse
  • Diggy
    12349 posts Has That Special Something
    The system is flawed the quitter should get the loss & the remainer should get the win whatever the circumstances
  • Andybelfast
    10874 posts Has That Special Something
    Diggy wrote: »
    The system is flawed the quitter should get the loss & the remainer should get the win whatever the circumstances

• Equinox 85
    634 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The ones I can't stand are the people who quite out just as you're about to score or get a penalty and quit when it is 0-0. Granted they get the loss but you're just stuck there with all but wasted time.
  • Manutelli
    17009 posts World Class
    I do this all the time when I see someone with Kante and his CDM pals up top and strikers at CM or against people that are subbing in the first minute. Just make a normal team with players in their normal positions. Don't mind people switching formations from 41212 to a 433 or 451 to a 433 as long as the players are already in their rightful positions.
  • Equinox 85
    634 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Manutelli wrote: »
    I do this all the time when I see someone with Kante and his CDM pals up top and strikers at CM or against people that are subbing in the first minute. Just make a normal team with players in their normal positions. Don't mind people switching formations from 41212 to a 433 or 451 to a 433 as long as the players are already in their rightful positions.

What difference does it make if the players are in at ST when playing CDM in game for chemistry purposes? It doesn't bother me personally. Would prefer the in game tactic switch that last years pause it and make all the changes.

For the record I don't switch my formation or run anyone out of position. I just keep them as they are from the start.
  • MNnative
    Manutelli wrote: »

Why does it matter at all really? Only reason is because most people who do that use Ronaldo probably you he scares you? I never quit on good teams and what’s weird is most times it’s the crazy teams I win against either cuz all they do is trade or open packs and are not good or all the bounces happen to go my way and they still lose with their great team.
  • MNnative
    With the way gameplay is I don’t get why people quit. I’ve gone 2-0 down 10 minutes in and been dominated and all the sudden nothing works for them anymore and I win tons of times. I’ve learned never to quit unless time is an issue or I have 10 games left and just need one quick win.
  • Crossland
    4464 posts National Call-Up
    Whoever quits should get the loss and the other the win whatever the score simple can't see why anyone would disagree with that
  • torcids
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yes they need to fix this, had few bail on when when you score and you start playing nicely to tie and they quit.. Such a waste when you played 65-70 min and get coins but lose everything else for it.
  • Arron xox
    2350 posts Fans' Favourite
    One thing that annoys me is when a game is level and you get a penalty late on so your opponent dashboards it