Prime Best & Raul

Peewee916
880 posts Professional
Are they any good?

Comments

• Burchy
    676 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I recently got prime best... by far the best player I have played with this year.

He has the shooting of CR7 with the dribbling of Hazard.
  • Nicku32
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have both of them who I use in 433(4). Raul 254 games 265 goals and 120 odd assists. Best has 172 games 82 goals and I think 40 ish assists. I personally don't think i'm good enough to utilise Best properly as everyone seems to love him. His main issue for me is his lack of strength, he's incredibly weak.
  • JuliantbX
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 11
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    I have both of them who I use in 433(4). Raul 254 games 265 goals and 120 odd assists. Best has 172 games 82 goals and I think 40 ish assists. I personally don't think i'm good enough to utilise Best properly as everyone seems to love him. His main issue for me is his lack of strength, he's incredibly weak.

I had the same. Importsnt with best is to let loose of the R2 button when you aren’t behind the defenders. Try Some fast dribbling or even use L1/LB dribbling to confuse defenders and let them make mistakes!

Also I moved him to rcam instead of Lcam and he’s much better for me
  • Burchy
    676 posts An Exciting Prospect
    JuliantbX wrote: »

I had the same. Importsnt with best is to let loose of the R2 button when you aren’t behind the defenders. Try Some fast dribbling or even use L1/LB dribbling to confuse defenders and let them make mistakes!

I always swap him to the left. He is definitely better with his finesse shot on that side. (No I don’t use timed finishing)
  • raul7kiev
    331 posts Sunday League Hero
    Raul absolutly great for me (300 games) he really good choise either for ST or for CCAM.
    I found Loan Best interesting but not my type - perfect ball control and great crossing but I prefer more strong and straight-line Figo.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5048 posts Big Money Move
    Raul is a great striker, excellent gpg ratio for me.
    Best was a bit disappointing...i really liked him when I got him, but in the end m/m workrates and lack of strength didn’t work for me.
  • JuliantbX
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    Burchy wrote: »
    JuliantbX wrote: »

I always swap him to the left. He is definitely better with his finesse shot on that side. (No I don’t use timed finishing)

Tbh, I dont finesse anymore
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1187 posts Professional
    Best is redic.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2579 posts Fans' Favourite
    Raul has been an animal for me.

Only annoying thing is that the game thinks he's better in the air than he actually is. He's always at the front post when I have attacking corners. Which would be fine normally but he doesn't win that many headers in the box. And in a team with CR7, FB Ibra and TOTY VVD, he really shouldn't be there.
  • Raul has been an animal for me.

Only annoying thing is that the game thinks he's better in the air than he actually is. He's always at the front post when I have attacking corners. Which would be fine normally but he doesn't win that many headers in the box. And in a team with CR7, FB Ibra and TOTY VVD, he really shouldn't be there.

Put him as the cornertaker, voila.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2579 posts Fans' Favourite
    yogibear wrote: »

Put him as the cornertaker, voila.

Tried that already but his crossing is pony lol. Plus my FS Grimaldo whips in some absolute beauties.

One day EA will finally allow us to set tactics for offensive and defensive corners. Maybe.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5048 posts Big Money Move

Same thing happens with toty cr7 and toty mbappè. Cr7 is 10 cm taller and has better jumping stats, but the game puts Mbappè at the front post.
  • Jaysin
    1294 posts Professional
    best is simply put the best. play him at ST/CAM and you'll be amazed. 210 games 247 goals 98 assists
  • Peewee916
    880 posts Professional
    Just ended up buying back Henry Prime
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something

He is pretty good at headers for me. Comes in late from the cam spot behind ibra and huntelaar.
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    I've had similar experiences to a few guys here. Can only say good things about prime Raul, he just seems to get it done when you need him to. Headers, left foot, right foot, he's a real poacher inside the box.

Prime Best was a weird one for me. Did him extremely cheap through icon crafting during TOTY and while he was decent (CAM in 41212-2), I never felt him to be the superstar everyone says he is. Did the unthinkable and turned Best into prime Rijkaard as I was lacking a quality CDM, went back to the 90 POTM Reus and I can't say that I've noticed any real difference. Even Nedved is more enjoyable for me, I think I just rely on that extra strength and height at CAM with my slower build up gamestyle
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    *Sub-Prime* Best and Raul. Not to beat a dead horse.