Awful matchmaking

GA85
96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited February 11
The matchmaking this WL just killed me. The most awful thing I ever saw in FIFA. How hard is to make fair matchmaking?!?

I'm a SIMPLE player. My best WL result was last weekend when I got GOLD 1 (!!!!!). Usually, I always get gold 2. In divisions I play at DIV3.
This WL I was playing as everytime, but improving my results a little bit (like last weekend). 11 wins and 1 lose at Friday, 15 wins and 4 loses at Saturday.

I was happy with these results AND SUDDENLY BOOOOOOOOOM. Just impossible to play.
In my last 11 games I played SIX matches against players with high monthly register at futwiz in the past. They played very well so I searched them nick at google and I easily found them. SIX matches (at least) against high-quality players when I was just trying to get Gold 2(!!!!!!!!!!!!!). In my last two games I played against FULL TOTY / PRIME ICONS teams. In my last 11 matches I won 2 (lol!).

My question is: HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE !?!?!??! How a guy like me is playing against this guys!?!? Some even with youtube channels and etc. etc. etc. What a joke is that!?!?! Why a guy like me, with best result Gold 1 and playing in DIV3 is playing against high leaderboards players in the past? IS THIS A JOKE!?!? CAN I PLAY AGAINST NORMAL PEOPLE to get my humble Gold 1 !?!?

I would accept as normal play against one guy like that, but (at least) SIX in my last 11 games when I was just in Gold 3 then and Gold 2?!!??! THIS IS NOT FAIR.
Post edited by GA85 on

Comments

  • Amdp9
    2907 posts National Call-Up
    Simple get better at FIFA >:) !
  • GA85
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 11
    Amdp9 wrote: »
    Simple get better at FIFA >:) !

    It's not about "get better"! I don't have time to "get better" to top leaderboards. That will never happen and I just play to have fun as 99% of players.
    The question is: I was in GOLD 3 and then in GOLD 2 stages and in my last 11 games I played AT LEAST six games against really good players, some of them with teams totally full of totys and prime icons. I easily found them in google, with entries to futwiz, youtube, etc. etc. This is not fair. I'm pretty sure alot of people get Elite stage without a nightmare matchmaking like this.
    Post edited by GA85 on
  • Djkhalid1921
    9263 posts League Winner
    its all in ur head :trollface:
  • Amdp9
    2907 posts National Call-Up
    its all in ur head :trollface:

    :|
  • Amdp9
    2907 posts National Call-Up
    Honestly I love challenging game I love playing against pros how the game gets sometimes, This past WL 14-3 I usually stop at Gold 3, I do play rivals in DIV 2, My team is decent but not great but skill set helps a lot
  • GA85
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 11
    Amdp9 wrote: »
    Honestly I love challenging game I love playing against pros how the game gets sometimes, This past WL 14-3 I usually stop at Gold 3, I do play rivals in DIV 2, My team is decent but not great but skill set helps a lot

    Well if you love to get challenged I don't know why you stop at Gold 3... ;) Usually the first 11 wins are not very hard. Anyway, I also like to get challenged but against someone at my level. I mean, I like to get challenged not to be rap€d.

    My point about all this is very simple... In combat sports you don't put someone with 60kg against a guy with 90kg. I think it's very easy to understand why. So, if I am a Gold 2 / Gold 1 level player, why I am playing against guys clearly not at my level? How can I get so many high-quality players in a row? Why EA puted me in their level in the matchmaking? I'm am not!!! After I got Gold 2 my next two matches were against 2 teams full of toty's and prime icons with guys registered at futwiz leaderboards... What a joke is that? I was playing to Gold 1 not Elite 1......! I just stopped playing after that.

    Like I told before, play against one pro or semi-pro will be normal and I don't care. But at least six in my last 11 games? What matchmaking is this...
    Post edited by GA85 on
  • number7rocky
    4145 posts National Call-Up
    Yea it can be rough and is to luck based. I finished elite 3 with a game spare but started the night 16-3, had brutal matchmaking played 2 guys who have been top 100, and faced elite guys every game barring a couple and even had to beat several elite 2 guys to just get elite 3. The teams were obviously insane.
  • Jafferchamp
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Amdp9 wrote: »
    Honestly I love challenging game I love playing against pros how the game gets sometimes, This past WL 14-3 I usually stop at Gold 3, I do play rivals in DIV 2, My team is decent but not great but skill set helps a lot

    Majority of us love a challenging game. I do. I'm no cheese of 4231 cross cross cross and finesse back then. I hated it. Except I'm a player since December, I'm far behind on team value and that SUCKS. EVERY game is against somebody that has far better players than me. The possibility of winning is already against me.

    Matchmaking does suck. There's NO room for error for new players. **** EA
  • Chavez76
    2483 posts Fans' Favourite
    Amdp9 wrote: »
    Honestly I love challenging game I love playing against pros how the game gets sometimes, This past WL 14-3 I usually stop at Gold 3, I do play rivals in DIV 2, My team is decent but not great but skill set helps a lot

    Majority of us love a challenging game. I do. I'm no cheese of 4231 cross cross cross and finesse back then. I hated it. Except I'm a player since December, I'm far behind on team value and that SUCKS. EVERY game is against somebody that has far better players than me. The possibility of winning is already against me.

    Matchmaking does suck. There's NO room for error for new players. **** EA

    cant really blame anyone for having a better team then you if you started playing in december? What would you expect?
  • istvanovits
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Game is like this for 3 years. The more wins you get the harder opponents you get.
    Even tho getting matched with top100 players as a gold 2 player is a bit to much.
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 11
    .
  • anakintommy
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    GA85 wrote: »
    Amdp9 wrote: »
    Simple get better at FIFA >:) !

    It's not about "get better"! I don't have time to "get better" to top leaderboards. That will never happen and I just play to have fun as 99% of players.
    The question is: I was in GOLD 2 and then in GOLD 1 stages and in my last 11 games I played AT LEAST six games against really good players, some of them with teams totally full of totys and prime icons. I easily found them in google, with entries to futwiz, youtube, etc. etc. This is not fair. I'm pretty sure alot of people get Elite stage without a nightmare matchmaking like this.

    Bro, it's a pay to win game, simply as, doesn't matter how.much skill.yoi have, if you have a 500k team/1 mill team and you're playing against a team with different colour cards and a few icons, and he's at least decent at the game, 8/10 the game is in his favour
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    GA85 wrote: »
    Amdp9 wrote: »
    Honestly I love challenging game I love playing against pros how the game gets sometimes, This past WL 14-3 I usually stop at Gold 3, I do play rivals in DIV 2, My team is decent but not great but skill set helps a lot

    Well if you love to get challenged I don't know why you stop at Gold 3... ;) Usually the first 11 wins are not very hard. Anyway, I also like to get challenged but against someone at my level. I mean, I like to get challenged not to be rap€d.

    My point about all this is very simple... In combat sports you don't put someone with 60kg against a guy with 90kg. I think it's very easy to understand why. So, if I am a Gold 2 / Gold 1 level player, why I am playing against guys clearly not at my level? How can I get so many high-quality players in a row? Why EA puted me in their level in the matchmaking? I'm am not!!! After I got Gold 2 my next two matches were against 2 teams full of toty's and prime icons with guys registered at futwiz leaderboards... What a joke is that? I was playing to Gold 1 not Elite 1......! I just stopped playing after that.

    Like I told before, play against one pro or semi-pro will be normal and I don't care. But at least six in my last 11 games? What matchmaking is this...

    You're comparing apples to oranges with your combat sports example. A better example is, when Man City played Burton in the cup, yes it's not exactly a fair match up on paper but if you're Burton you just deal with it.

    If everyone was matched on pure skill level it would become incredibly tedious to finish 30 games.
  • Jonx88
    636 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What is the deal with matchmaking where have EA said it's a thing?, I thought it was just random games against anybody who registered, with this logic the top 100 would just constantly be paired against each other?
  • Duncan1972
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    JamieT96 wrote: »
    GA85 wrote: »
    Amdp9 wrote: »
    Honestly I love challenging game I love playing against pros how the game gets sometimes, This past WL 14-3 I usually stop at Gold 3, I do play rivals in DIV 2, My team is decent but not great but skill set helps a lot

    Well if you love to get challenged I don't know why you stop at Gold 3... ;) Usually the first 11 wins are not very hard. Anyway, I also like to get challenged but against someone at my level. I mean, I like to get challenged not to be rap€d.

    My point about all this is very simple... In combat sports you don't put someone with 60kg against a guy with 90kg. I think it's very easy to understand why. So, if I am a Gold 2 / Gold 1 level player, why I am playing against guys clearly not at my level? How can I get so many high-quality players in a row? Why EA puted me in their level in the matchmaking? I'm am not!!! After I got Gold 2 my next two matches were against 2 teams full of toty's and prime icons with guys registered at futwiz leaderboards... What a joke is that? I was playing to Gold 1 not Elite 1......! I just stopped playing after that.

    Like I told before, play against one pro or semi-pro will be normal and I don't care. But at least six in my last 11 games? What matchmaking is this...

    You're comparing apples to oranges with your combat sports example. A better example is, when Man City played Burton in the cup, yes it's not exactly a fair match up on paper but if you're Burton you just deal with it.

    Agree, quit complaining, OP just wants easy games.

    Im S1 and face better teams- its just the way it is, WL isnt a free ride.

  • Jonx88
    636 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Jonx88 wrote: »
    What is the deal with matchmaking where have EA said it's a thing?, I thought it was just random games against anybody who registered, with this logic the top 100 would just constantly be paired against each other?

    Just found this, interesting didn't know it was a thing, I get Gold 2 every week since the start never higher never lower

    Matchmaking

    There has been some confusion regarding matchmaking in FUT Champions in the past, so we wanted to provide some insight into this and help explain the system.

    The first important goal for FUT Champions is to ensure that every weekend is a clean slate for players to compete for wins and rewards. To do this, we use something called ‘form’ as a key driver of matchmaking in each Weekend League.

    Everyone starts each weekend fresh at zero form, moving up or down with each win or loss. In football terms, match form of W/L/W/W/W would result in a +3 form. Players with similar form are then paired in matchmaking.

    The result is that players that are better than average in the Weekend League (which is already a very skilled group of players) will quickly boost their form. The higher their form gets, the more challenging the competition becomes. Only the best of the best can consistently beat players with high form and attain Elite and Top 100 status.

    The second key piece to matchmaking is location. Players are matched based on their location and proximity to our dedicated game servers to ensure quality matches.
  • GA85
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 11
    Guys, I think some of you understood me bad.
    My main problem is not about to play against better teams than mine. For sure it's frustrating to play two games in a row against entire squad TOTY teams, with CR7 and Messi 99 in the front, but I can deal with it. I have a good team also (not so good for sure) and already won dozens of games against better teams. I don't care if I win or lose against better teams, it's just one more game.

    My main problem is play against guys at a higher level than me and also with super squads. With that combination it's impossible to deal.
    As I told, I was only in Gold 3 with 15 victories and more 11 games to do. After that, I played AT LEAST SIX GAMES against guys with leaderboards registered at futwiz and some of them with youtube channels. Look: I never search my opponents, but these guys played so well I google them and easily found them. Six games in the same WL with top players with top teams. Please someone can tell me how fair is this?

    After I won 15 matches in 19, I won 2 in 11.
    Even after I got Gold 2 I had more 5 games to do, so mathematically I only could get Gold 1. So, why in the next matches I continued to play against top guys? I don't want easy games, I want fair games. If I only have games enough to get Gold 1, why I'm not playing against guys in the same situation? Why I'm playing with top quality and addicted guys? How hard is to make fair and balanced matchmaking? This matchmaking is clearly top player friendly. I would like to fight for Gold 2 / 1 / Elite 3 with guys at my level. Is that ask too much?
  • GA85 wrote: »
    Guys, I think some of you understood me bad.
    My main problem is not about to play against better teams than mine. For sure it's frustrating to play two games in a row against entire squad TOTY teams, with CR7 and Messi 99 in the front, but I can deal with it. I have a good team also (not so good for sure) and already won dozens of games against better teams. I don't care if I win or lose against better teams, it's just one more game.

    My main problem is play against guys at a higher level than me and also with super squads. With that combination it's impossible to deal.
    As I told, I was only in Gold 3 with 15 victories and more 11 games to do. After that, I played AT LEAST SIX GAMES against guys with leaderboards registered at futwiz and some of them with youtube channels. Look: I never search my opponents, but these guys played so well I google them and easily found them. Six games in the same WL with top players with top teams. Please someone can tell me how fair is this?

    After I won 15 matches in 19, I won 2 in 11.
    Even after I got Gold 2 I had more 5 games to do, so mathematically I only could get Gold 1. So, why in the next matches I continued to play against top guys? I don't want easy games, I want fair games. If I only have games enough to get Gold 1, why I'm not playing against guys in the same situation? Why I'm playing with top quality and addicted guys? How hard is to make fair and balanced matchmaking? This matchmaking is clearly top player friendly. I would like to fight for Gold 2 / 1 / Elite 3 with guys at my level. Is that ask too much?

    At 15 and 4 you are not playing for gold 2 you are +11 and you should match with anyone who is from +6 to +15 (15 is the max). This means you can in theory match against someone who is 29-0 as they are classed as +15 or you could play as low as 17-11. So of course there is an element of good or bad luck in match making however it does not seem the match making was not working as expected.
  • kayron16
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite
    Newfella wrote: »
    GA85 wrote: »
    Guys, I think some of you understood me bad.
    My main problem is not about to play against better teams than mine. For sure it's frustrating to play two games in a row against entire squad TOTY teams, with CR7 and Messi 99 in the front, but I can deal with it. I have a good team also (not so good for sure) and already won dozens of games against better teams. I don't care if I win or lose against better teams, it's just one more game.

    My main problem is play against guys at a higher level than me and also with super squads. With that combination it's impossible to deal.
    As I told, I was only in Gold 3 with 15 victories and more 11 games to do. After that, I played AT LEAST SIX GAMES against guys with leaderboards registered at futwiz and some of them with youtube channels. Look: I never search my opponents, but these guys played so well I google them and easily found them. Six games in the same WL with top players with top teams. Please someone can tell me how fair is this?

    After I won 15 matches in 19, I won 2 in 11.
    Even after I got Gold 2 I had more 5 games to do, so mathematically I only could get Gold 1. So, why in the next matches I continued to play against top guys? I don't want easy games, I want fair games. If I only have games enough to get Gold 1, why I'm not playing against guys in the same situation? Why I'm playing with top quality and addicted guys? How hard is to make fair and balanced matchmaking? This matchmaking is clearly top player friendly. I would like to fight for Gold 2 / 1 / Elite 3 with guys at my level. Is that ask too much?

    At 15 and 4 you are not playing for gold 2 you are +11 and you should match with anyone who is from +6 to +15 (15 is the max). This means you can in theory match against someone who is 29-0 as they are classed as +15 or you could play as low as 17-11. So of course there is an element of good or bad luck in match making however it does not seem the match making was not working as expected.

    Exactly this.
    Amdp9 wrote: »
    Honestly I love challenging game I love playing against pros how the game gets sometimes, This past WL 14-3 I usually stop at Gold 3, I do play rivals in DIV 2, My team is decent but not great but skill set helps a lot

    Lol you love challenging the pros and stopping at 14-3 before you meet any. Yea sure.
  • Chavez76
    2483 posts Fans' Favourite
    Newfella wrote: »
    GA85 wrote: »
    Guys, I think some of you understood me bad.
    My main problem is not about to play against better teams than mine. For sure it's frustrating to play two games in a row against entire squad TOTY teams, with CR7 and Messi 99 in the front, but I can deal with it. I have a good team also (not so good for sure) and already won dozens of games against better teams. I don't care if I win or lose against better teams, it's just one more game.

    My main problem is play against guys at a higher level than me and also with super squads. With that combination it's impossible to deal.
    As I told, I was only in Gold 3 with 15 victories and more 11 games to do. After that, I played AT LEAST SIX GAMES against guys with leaderboards registered at futwiz and some of them with youtube channels. Look: I never search my opponents, but these guys played so well I google them and easily found them. Six games in the same WL with top players with top teams. Please someone can tell me how fair is this?

    After I won 15 matches in 19, I won 2 in 11.
    Even after I got Gold 2 I had more 5 games to do, so mathematically I only could get Gold 1. So, why in the next matches I continued to play against top guys? I don't want easy games, I want fair games. If I only have games enough to get Gold 1, why I'm not playing against guys in the same situation? Why I'm playing with top quality and addicted guys? How hard is to make fair and balanced matchmaking? This matchmaking is clearly top player friendly. I would like to fight for Gold 2 / 1 / Elite 3 with guys at my level. Is that ask too much?

    At 15 and 4 you are not playing for gold 2 you are +11 and you should match with anyone who is from +6 to +15 (15 is the max). This means you can in theory match against someone who is 29-0 as they are classed as +15 or you could play as low as 17-11. So of course there is an element of good or bad luck in match making however it does not seem the match making was not working as expected.

    this exactly. you are playing against opponents that are on your par at that moment, being on +11.
    Its a lot more fair to play like that then you playing against a gold 2 opponent, who can be on 16-13 (so, +3)

    Shall I make some things bold in my post as well? :)
Sign In or Register to comment.