Comments

• LAboog4
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DI0vI2S.png
    jmaC0ia.png
    7dxmuf7.jpg
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Important and necessary victory against a Schalke that seem in ruins. The match was only solved in the last moments of the game (what a header by Kongolo), so it wasn't easy either. I wish it's a turning point in the season.
  • LAboog4
    subpop wrote: »
    Important and necessary victory against a Schalke that seem in ruins. The match was only solved in the last moments of the game (what a header by Kongolo), so it wasn't easy either. I wish it's a turning point in the season.

I hope you are right, the month of October is going to be very crucial for our season. More to come on that soon.
  • LAboog4
    daXJiRa.png

Lineups
    wPnkzuC.png
    M0WVRnp.png
  • LAboog4
    KVFWOAj.png
    M0qKDXP.jpg
    EnnZJ5c.jpg
  • DB1512
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good results against Schalke and Olympiakos after the dissappointed game against Hertha. Hope the team can make a winningstreak in the competition.
  • subpop
    Important win. Stuttgart showed to be superior and the result looks short in any case. Finally some good news. Inter tied with City too, so there are good reasons to feel happy.
  • Virtual_K
    1705 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stuttgart in control of the group early on with powerhouses like Inter and Manchester City. Boog has the team on the right track to regaining relevance in Europe. Just need to string together some more points for league before that gap with Bayern Munich gets too big.
  • LAboog4
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Good results against Schalke and Olympiakos after the dissappointed game against Hertha. Hope the team can make a winningstreak in the competition.

The league form needs to improve soon or else Bayern will be out of reach by November with the rate they are on.
    Important win. Stuttgart showed to be superior and the result looks short in any case. Finally some good news. Inter tied with City too, so there are good reasons to feel happy.

City dropping points was very big. Looking at the Premier League table they seem to be struggling right now after selling Aguero and Fernandinho the past few windows.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Stuttgart in control of the group early on with powerhouses like Inter and Manchester City. Boog has the team on the right track to regaining relevance in Europe. Just need to string together some more points for league before that gap with Bayern Munich gets too big.

Bayern did this last season too, going close to half the season without a defeat I believe. Need to stay on track with them to give ourselves a chance later in the year
  • LAboog4
    zmShvOG.png
    vldK2pi.png
    5ixY9mZ.png
  • LAboog4
    qmdLunK.png
    YtvS5g1.png
    Phct2Jf.jpg
  • subpop
    It was a good draw in a very tough stadium to visit. It seems Dortmund enjoyed the best chances, but Stuttgart resisted very well. Now we're paying the bad results in previous weeks as Bayern escape, while I thought Stuttgart could have been an alternative. Probably it was an unrealistic thought. The top-4 isn't that far and this should be our main goal for now.
  • LAboog4
    3Ob0pGq.png
  • LAboog4
    It was a good draw in a very tough stadium to visit. It seems Dortmund enjoyed the best chances, but Stuttgart resisted very well. Now we're paying the bad results in previous weeks as Bayern escape, while I thought Stuttgart could have been an alternative. Probably it was an unrealistic thought. The top-4 isn't that far and this should be our main goal for now.

I'm still holding hope for a good run of results and Bayern to do what they did last year and drop points late in the season. But you are right, dreaming of winning the league might have been too much this season.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Far from the best form but there's room for improvements.
    I agree with @subpop, maybe we should aim the top-4 or put our bet on the cup for now. It's reasonable to say that the upcoming match can be a game changer at this point.
  • DB1512
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lucky for you the gap with UCL spots is still very small, a good draw against a good Dortmund side. Dortmund made some good transfers, good to get a point against them.
  • LAboog4
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    Far from the best form but there's room for improvements.
    I agree with @subpop, maybe we should aim the top-4 or put our bet on the cup for now. It's reasonable to say that the upcoming match can be a game changer at this point.

Top-4 is the main goal, winning the league was more of a optimistic goal. A cup run would be great but we got a bad draw for the first match.
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Lucky for you the gap with UCL spots is still very small, a good draw against a good Dortmund side. Dortmund made some good transfers, good to get a point against them.

2-4 will be intense all year if Bayern do pull away. So many good teams. Dortmund are stacked but lucky for me Aguero didn't start this match.
  • Virtual_K
    1705 posts Play-Off Hero
    That was a good draw against Dortmund on the road. I just read an interesting fact about them recently, that Borussia Dortmund ranks the highest of any football team in attendance. I would have thought that honor went to Barcelona or Real Madrid. Anyways, getting a point there can only be good. Agree that maybe the DFB-Pokal should get some priority.
  • LAboog4
    om6gF2w.png
    PRgEspG.png
    9AP3n0J.png
  • LAboog4
    edited April 18
    qdwUeQw.png
    DxxITMv.png
    BCXc5m1.jpg
  • LAboog4
    b3IywPY.png
    zLTKSYE.png
    YZsybJU.png
  • LAboog4
    hqH8pN1.png
    7wthk1L.jpg
    rHYtGiO.jpg
  • subpop
    Very important win at Leipzig. It seems it was a tough and tight game (did you miss a penalty?), but Embolo, always Embolo, saved the team once more. Then I guess the team paid the efforts against City, a very uncomfortable team, with a great attacking power. Interesting to see you were able to defeat them in terms of ball possession, but it seems that this achievement wasn't enough to stop their fluid attacking football. It seems that the future of the team depend on the game against Inter and this is when I remember how important it was to win at San Siro.
  • LAboog4
    Very important win at Leipzig. It seems it was a tough and tight game (did you miss a penalty?), but Embolo, always Embolo, saved the team once more. Then I guess the team paid the efforts against City, a very uncomfortable team, with a great attacking power. Interesting to see you were able to defeat them in terms of ball possession, but it seems that this achievement wasn't enough to stop their fluid attacking football. It seems that the future of the team depend on the game against Inter and this is when I remember how important it was to win at San Siro.

I did miss a penalty, not sure why that highlight was not include by EA at the end of the match as it was a key moment but until I find a way to record clips on Xbox one I must rely on the clips EA decides.

Donis took the pen as Embolo was on the bench but it was too close to the center and saved.
  • Virtual_K
    1705 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good showing for Stuttgart in their CL group match, but Manchester City had too much Pep in their step. :o
    Important win over RB Leipzig to move within inches of the top four.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    This win over Leipzig was very special, because you had the ball the most part of the match and avoided to concede a goal. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to keep the team in form and beat City at home. They were very clinical in front of the goal, so there was nothing to do even though you had the possession again.
    I can see the team developing and starting to show willingness, focus on qualifying for the R16 and the things will get better and better.
  • LAboog4
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Good showing for Stuttgart in their CL group match, but Manchester City had too much Pep in their step. :o
    Important win over RB Leipzig to move within inches of the top four.

Pep in their step is a great way to put it. They were just too good overall for us. Luckily they dropped points to Inter earlier so we still control our destiny for at least 2nd.
    This win over Leipzig was very special, because you had the ball the most part of the match and avoided to concede a goal. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to keep the team in form and beat City at home. They were very clinical in front of the goal, so there was nothing to do even though you had the possession again.
    I can see the team developing and starting to show willingness, focus on qualifying for the R16 and the things will get better and better.

I have found that controlling possession is a big key to our sucess because the defense is not good enough to defend over half the match. I was 4-1-3 to start the league last year before finishing strong and in second. Hopefully the team finishes just as strong this season.
  • LAboog4
    u4zFhei.png
  • Tough match ahead, but this is the type of game that can take your team to a higher tier.
  • LAboog4
    Tough match ahead, but this is the type of game that can take your team to a higher tier.

Second year in a row we have had a tough draw to start the cup. Last year we lost to Leverkusen, hopefully our fortunes turn this year.