Career of Boog | Transfer news - Jan 2022

Comments

• LAboog4
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    VLzlhTF.png
  • maestro_08
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    that is not the best start of the season, certainly not what Boog Fisher was expecting.

Hopefully Boog will rejuvenate the team to bounce back with the first win of the season in the next match.
  • LAboog4
    maestro_08 wrote: »
    that is not the best start of the season, certainly not what Boog Fisher was expecting.

Hopefully Boog will rejuvenate the team to bounce back with the first win of the season in the next match.

Not what was expected at all to start the season. The good has been Harit and Sanches are very good in midfield at winning the ball back and dribbling past defenders. The defense has been solid for all but 15 minutes of the two games. The bad is the attack is nonexistent at the moment.
  • LAboog4
    IGtl6L5.png

7WfQYTi.png
    Jw6oMBB.png
    w8PyGqZ.jpg
  • LAboog4
    ndCiux3.png
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    As Boog said, since you aren't favourites to advance, the team can play freely and surprise everyone.

However the team isn't playing its best football in the league, it may pressure your first match in UCL.
    I hope Boog reassures his players and get the first 3 points since 2010.
  • DB1512
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not a great opening of the season with three draws to start the Bundesliga. Hopefully you can start better in the Champions League, perhaps direct the most important game for Boog to start the European campaign with. I expect City to pass this group easily and the race for spot two will be between Stuttgart and Inter, with Inter slightly favoured.
  • JoshDFC
    2083 posts Fans' Favourite
    A really tough group bu I believe the team have the quality to qualify with a little bit of luck
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    I must say I'm a bit disappointed with the start of the team this season... these results are a bit worrying, especially because the busy fixtures days were not reached yet. 3 draws in 3 games is far from a good result for a Champions League side.

Still soon in the season though. I hope the team can find their best face soon.

About the Champions League draw. I don't know if this is the group of death (the one with Juve, Dortmund, Lyon and Feyenoord is scary too), but definitely not easy.

Let's see if we can get a good result to start to finish with the doubts raised on the team in these early days. I am not that negative about the future of the team in the group though. It's true City might be in a different level, but Inter is a team that can be beaten, they're not the strong team they used to be 7 or 8 years ago. I think Stuttgart should be able to compete with them.
  • LAboog4
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    As Boog said, since you aren't favourites to advance, the team can play freely and surprise everyone.

However the team isn't playing its best football in the league, it may pressure your first match in UCL.
    I hope Boog reassures his players and get the first 3 points since 2010.

I'm treating UCL like a "clean slate" the season has not started great but the UCL can still go good.
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Not a great opening of the season with three draws to start the Bundesliga. Hopefully you can start better in the Champions League, perhaps direct the most important game for Boog to start the European campaign with. I expect City to pass this group easily and the race for spot two will be between Stuttgart and Inter, with Inter slightly favoured.

You are right. I didn't think of that but in a way this is the most important group game. A win at Inter would be huge in the battle for 2nd place.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    A really tough group bu I believe the team have the quality to qualify with a little bit of luck

Luck for sure. Beating Inter and then having City beat then as well would be big.

• LAboog4
    subpop wrote: »
    I must say I'm a bit disappointed with the start of the team this season... these results are a bit worrying, especially because the busy fixtures days were not reached yet. 3 draws in 3 games is far from a good result for a Champions League side.

Still soon in the season though. I hope the team can find their best face soon.

About the Champions League draw. I don't know if this is the group of death (the one with Juve, Dortmund, Lyon and Feyenoord is scary too), but definitely not easy.

Let's see if we can get a good result to start to finish with the doubts raised on the team in these early days. I am not that negative about the future of the team in the group though. It's true City might be in a different level, but Inter is a team that can be beaten, they're not the strong team they used to be 7 or 8 years ago. I think Stuttgart should be able to compete with them.

Did not expectthis start at all. I expected to win the last two games for sure but for one reason or another we couldn't find a way to finish.

Inter is not as strong but still hold the UCL experience of always being there. Something we hope to build at Stuttgart.
  • LAboog4
    edited April 10
    JxspXli.png

Lineups
    KTD0sVW.png
    fWXU4iz.png
    Post edited by LAboog4 on
  • LAboog4
    1zvhYv6.png
    rt267es.jpg
    tkYXxq4.jpg
  • subpop
    Extremely important victory. It was a tight game, with chances for both sides, although Stuttgart seemed to be slightly better. Sanches' goal is very important for the future of the team in the group.

As I suggested, Inter had more name than football, but it is always extraordinary to wi at the Meazza.
  • JoshDFC
    2083 posts Fans' Favourite
    A fantastic victory away from home, hopefully it can give the team confidence to go on a run in the league as well
  • Ashy
    9893 posts League Winner
    Domestic not the best start, the UCL group is difficult but Inter are not what they were and Man City are known for slipping up here and there in Europe. Looks like you started off with a very difficult game away at Inter Milan and a victory is more than what I expected, amazing start to European football!
  • LAboog4
    Extremely important victory. It was a tight game, with chances for both sides, although Stuttgart seemed to be slightly better. Sanches' goal is very important for the future of the team in the group.

As I suggested, Inter had more name than football, but it is always extraordinary to wi at the Meazza.

Very even match and we were lucky with the bounce off the post leading up to Sanches goal. You are right though, that goal could be very important for the future of the group.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    A fantastic victory away from home, hopefully it can give the team confidence to go on a run in the league as well

That is what I'm hoping too. Finally a win after 3 draws so hopefully the team responds in the next league match.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Domestic not the best start, the UCL group is difficult but Inter are not what they were and Man City are known for slipping up here and there in Europe. Looks like you started off with a very difficult game away at Inter Milan and a victory is more than what I expected, amazing start to European football!

More than I expected as well! I would have taken a draw but fortunately they missed their chances and we took one of ours.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    And the victory has come. Crucial win to begin UCL group stage against a strong side, certainly it will make the difference in the next matches.
  • LAboog4
    fV7KLzR.png

Lineups
    CNUzKK8.png
    eoczBhk.png
  • LAboog4
    lxM5HSk.png
    aGw9uyg.png
    fI9AtJh.jpg
  • subpop
    Very important victory after the doubts created in the previous games. It seems that the victory against Inter gave the team some impulse. Still the stats show that the team still struggle to win matches and efficiency made the difference this time, with 4 goals in 4 shots on target. We'll see in upcoming matches.
  • maestro_08
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    important wins in the champions league and in the Bundesliga, I think Boog has now found the right tactics to implement. Hope you can keep up the momentum.
  • DB1512
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    Two important victories. Embolo proves Boog was wrong to put him on the bench.
  • LAboog4
    @subpop very important victory indeed to get a league win finally. It was difficult to create chances but for once we were efficient and finished what we did create. Pass accuracy, shots on target and corners are stats we always struggle with but have found success in ugly wins.

@maestro_08 towards the end of last season we settled on a 433 pressing style that has worked well. I had to go away from this in an upcoming back due to rotations and injuries and the result is telling. 433 is the right formation for sure!

@db1512 I hope Embolo is not upset with Boog about not starting. Rotations were needed and he was fatigued! When healthly and rested Embolo is always the first name on the sheet.
  • LAboog4
    axSRbnu.png

Lineups
    TpTGoze.png
    U9G8tQR.png
  • LAboog4
    2av7AuY.png
    fUdEna5.png
    lWyPRPD.jpg
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Damn! A poor first half turned into a nearly brilliant second half. Right down to the last shot! Still plenty of matches to go for Boog to turn things around. I'm guessing a top four finish to the league is acceptable?
  • subpop
    Another performance to forget. First half an hour of horror ruined the whole game and the best you can say is that the team showed pride, but as much as this is important, it is not enough for a Champions League side.

As the manager said, no time to panic, but definitely time to find solutions.
  • LAboog4
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Damn! A poor first half turned into a nearly brilliant second half. Right down to the last shot! Still plenty of matches to go for Boog to turn things around. I'm guessing a top four finish to the league is acceptable?

Yes top 4 will be acceptable though after last year I am hoping to at least challenge the leaders.
    Another performance to forget. First half an hour of horror ruined the whole game and the best you can say is that the team showed pride, but as much as this is important, it is not enough for a Champions League side.

As the manager said, no time to panic, but definitely time to find solutions.

You are correct, these are results old Stuttgart would be proud of. The Stuttgart I am trying to build needs to be better than these latest games.
  • LAboog4
    bVO7ifv.png

Lineups
    ne6wrCP.png
    4f4Mm1g.png