Career of Boog | Transfer news - Jan 2022

Comments

• Ashy
    9203 posts League Winner
    Awesome team change, Real Madrid for me are the biggest club in the World, rich history and done incredible in Europe over the years, they buy the best so have no shame in splashing the cash, Eriksen is a good start he would be amazing in La Liga I think. Would love to see someone like Neymar or Mbappe arrive.
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SL76S5I.png
    n7PQIWV.jpg
    O8wl0Ii.jpg

@Ashy You have asked and Madrid have provided. Mbappe is the future of Madrid.
  • WestardLord
    1396 posts Professional
    Fantastic. Seems only natural, really. Now it's just a question of how many goals Mbappé can bag by season end.
  • ElMarcos
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Two great signings!
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Two fantastic additions Mbappe now has the chance to really shine in a team with proven European excellence who are fighting to reach the top of Spanish football again
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pretty competitive semifinals. All potential Champions League opponents. Feel kind of sorry for Beijing, they had no business being there.
  • LAboog4
    Fantastic. Seems only natural, really. Now it's just a question of how many goals Mbappé can bag by season end.

He's going to be playing in the middle of a front three. Plenty of chances for him!
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Two great signings!

Thank you!
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Two fantastic additions Mbappe now has the chance to really shine in a team with proven European excellence who are fighting to reach the top of Spanish football again

He is going to be the key man. A lot of opportunities for him to shine.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Pretty competitive semifinals. All potential Champions League opponents. Feel kind of sorry for Beijing, they had no business being there.

I agree, at least Beijing were able to play the top teams in Europe for their fans to see.
  • LAboog4
    E2JvZJD.png
  • LAboog4
    edited May 31
    rhEWkgc.png

BnBUpEJ.png
    Real Madrid's right back, Ordiozola signs an extension with the club. Dortmund met the 25 year olds release clause of €49m but Madrid agreed to a 4 year extension raising the release clause to €101m.

u4S3xAr.png
    Out of favor keeper Kaylor Navas found a new home in Chelsea for €23m. Navas found himself moved to second string and requested a move this window.
  • LAboog4
    fKeQGNJ.png
    Jvf5rAV.png
  • ElMarcos
    Though start! Hopefully you will get some points along the way!
  • WestardLord
    1396 posts Professional
    Good preseason and good signings. Pressure will be on for the team to perform against Barca and AM, but it's also an opportunity for Boog to make a strong statement to the rest of the league.
  • Ashy
    9203 posts League Winner
    Smart moves so far for Real Madrid, they needed a superstar upfront and Mbappe is the key to that, he could surpass Ronaldo's goals and legendary status at the club, the future of the sport.
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    The first impression of Boog as manager for the Madridistas is a good one. Not sure if Lukaku is Barcelona material, but that's not your problem...or maybe it will be with that initial schedule. ;)
  • DB1512
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Great additions to the team and a great pre-season tour. A tough start but maybe that's not bad at all with the current form of the team.
  • JoshDFC
    Tough start but a chance to put a marker down and show Real Madrid are ready to dominate Spain and Europe again
  • LAboog4
    Sorry guys I can't proceed with this career. My fear came true and playing as Real Madrid is not very fun. I beat Barca, Atletico and Espanyol pretty easily then adjusted sliders and tried again. Still not very hard. Madrid are too good.

I'm debating if I want to start a Premier League career and make that long-term as I don't think I'll buy FIFA20 or if I want to start with a small team..
  • WestardLord
    1396 posts Professional
    Disappointing, but I don't blame you. Same reason my Monaco career got a little boring.

May have to weigh down the sliders even more in favor of the CPU.
  • LAboog4
    Disappointing, but I don't blame you. Same reason my Monaco career got a little boring.

May have to weigh down the sliders even more in favor of the CPU.

I think a part of it was not having a challenge building the squad. I will admit it was fun at first buying whoever I wanted it but then it got old quick.

My next career is going to be with a good Premier League or Serie A team but with very strict transfer rules and harder sliders.
  • LAboog4
    After thinking it over, I don't want to start a new career. Instead I am simming to Dec to apply for a new job as I am not happy in Madrid.. New team will be announced soon.
  • DB1512
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    I wonder what your next club will be, good luck finding a suitable option in december/january.
  • LAboog4
    3nKZ9wb.jpg
  • LAboog4
    hAhrmS8.png
    Boog Fisher has officially been announced as the new Chelsea manager. Sky first broke the news of Boog's displeasure in Madrid and now have the full story on the managers club change.

Boog Fisher joined Real Madrid after three seasons with VfB Stuttgart in Germany, winning the Bundesliga in his final year. Boog made an instant splash in Madrid signing nearly €300m worth of new players including Christian Eriksen and Kylien Mbappe. But weeks into the season rumors emerged of Boog wanting out, regretting leaving Germany and not getting along with the Madrid owners.

Said Boog of his time in Spain "When you see behind the curtain, past all the glitz, glamor and money. Madrid was not a happy place for me. I did not like things I found out about the club. I did not like circumstances with money being made and I was not adjusted for the Spanish life. I'm happy to leave and feel I left them in a great position (currently first in LaLiga.)"

Boog takes over a Chelsea side who had their own manager depart early in the season when Sarri went to Juventus. Only weeks later the decision from the FA arrived banning Chelsea from making any incoming transfers for four windows. The ban was from 2018 but Chelsea had been fighting the ban until courts recently ruled the case closed.

"I understand the ban and I accept it. The squad has a great group of players, lots of talent and now a big challenge ahead that is exciting. I believe the club is still involved in four competitions (league, semi-final of Carabao Cup, FA cup and group stages of Champions League) so we will have chances at success still this year."

Chelsea play Tuesday against RB Leipzig in the final group match. Chelsea top the group with 10 points, Leipzig are third with 7. A draw is all Chelsea need to advance and gurantee first in the group.

• LAboog4
    ewvnwJj.png

Current issues
    Squad age - 11 of the 25 players are over 30

Retiring/expiring contracts - Abraham needs a new contract, Pedro is retiring, Azpilicueta has 7 months left, Moses, Willian, Navas, Barkley, Taylor-Crossdale, David Luiz Jorginho, Drinkwater and Kante all have contracts expiring next season.

Hazard - The star man has requested a January transfer if offers arrive.
  • JoshDFC
    Nice choice lets see what happens with Hazard hopefully no offers arrive as he will be crucial with the transfer ban in places
  • ElMarcos
    Great challenge. Started with Chelsea myself. Quite some work to be Done there!
  • LAboog4
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Nice choice lets see what happens with Hazard hopefully no offers arrive as he will be crucial with the transfer ban in places

I'm hoping to at least keep him until the summer.
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Great challenge. Started with Chelsea myself. Quite some work to be Done there!

You are right, they have a major rebuild to do. To keep it harder, I'm selling the top players the CPU Chelsea bought and recalling players on loan.
  • LAboog4
    fdFPO8Y.png

A point will gurantee Chelsea advance, a loss and they will need AEK Athens to match or better the result against OM

Boog Fisher begins his Chelsea career against a familiar opponent from Bundesliga. Boog won all four meetings against RB Leipzig including a 6-1 thumping at their own ground.

Chelsea start in a 4-2-1-3 with Hazard in front and Hudson-Odoi and Willian on the wings. In the CAM position is the young star Mason Mount.

RB Leipzig are in their usual 4-2-2-2 led by Cutrone and Mayoral in front and Sabitzer playing with Forsberg right behind.
  • LAboog4
    edited June 16
    herLSIx.png
    *edit should say Group Match 6
    An ugly start for Boog at Chelsea but good fortune was on his side as the Blues still advance.

On the field things could not have gone much worse for Chelsea, allowing three goals and only having one great scoring chance when Hazars tapped his shot against the post from six yards out. But off the pitch luck was on the Londoners side when OM let a 1-0 halftime lead slip away and drew 1-1 giving Chelsea second in the group.

"It doesn't matter how it happens but we advance. Our staff have only had three days to work with the squad, it will take time to figure everything out and results will start to improve."

Unfortunately for Boog, time is not on his side as Chelsea travel to league leaders Manchester City in only three days.
  • ElMarcos
    Hard löss, but you managed to proceed! Curious who you will bring in yourself!