4231 17 games and counting

liamano123
329 posts An Exciting Prospect
Found this formation to be the one every single mother son dog baby and postman uses it.

A major reason this game flops is the dull boring community that plays it. I refuse to join them because for all I know I will win games more than I do now but the overkill will soon kick in and it will make me put the controller down like I did fifa 16

Toxic toxic community

Comments

• Pooter
    3338 posts National Call-Up
    So what formation do you use then?
  • liamano123
    329 posts An Exciting Prospect
    433(5)/433(4)
  • 4 2 3 1 allows for TOTAL AI defending thats why thats the game this year
  • TheTataGuy
    1481 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have played 4231 in every fifa :neutral:
  • barryw
    1159 posts Play-Off Hero
    What’s the news?
    Last year it was 41212(2) ”the noob formation”
    Next year it migth be 433(4).

• Scaenor
    670 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 10
    SIDNU5 wrote: »
    4 2 3 1 allows for TOTAL AI defending thats why thats the game this year

I been using 4231 for years and I still don't understand ai defending is it when u sprint with your player and click o instead of jockeying then o
  • Jonboyparker
    5310 posts Big Money Move
    It’s just a formation
  • Joseph88
    198 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah this formation is for cowards. Sheep who only d*ck ride pros and streamers same losers who only cherry pick home games who can’t get above gold 1 😂
  • Antiseen
    1372 posts Professional
    The main reason trash players probably like this formation is that if you use dribbling back, your Ccam acts like 3rd cdm.

Before patch it was annoying to play against fabinhho and kante, But at least you could punish ptb noobs.

After patch it’s a pain to play against Ccam aka 3rd Cdm Griezmann And Reus. And even if he overcommits with Reus or Griezmann, his other 8 players are already behind the ball waiting to autoblock and autointercept the ball.

LMAO WHAT WAS EA THINKING INTRODUCING THIS TACTICS.
  • DevineAaron
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Which form? 4231 with 3 cams or the one with wingers? I'm using the one with 3 cams at the moment to see if it suits me. Not liking it tbh.
  • Robbenhood
    1434 posts Professional
    It’s not the formation, it’s the way people use it. When you set both your CDM’s and fullbacks to stay back while attacking and then chase back with one of your CAM’s, it’s pathetic. Throw in dropback and a low defensive line with depth turned all the way back and you have your classic piece of **** FIFA player.
  • IamLeeroy
    430 posts Sunday League Hero
    My favourite formation is 433. Just takes me back to my Brazil only teams before weekend league made metas more important. But I've always used 4231 as my go to formation to hold on to a lead or against someone I feel is as good as or better than me.

Just a shame that it's the only formation to really use this year lol at least it isn't 41212 one, two pass and in on goal with your fastest striker and low driven anymore🤣
  • IamLeeroy
    430 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 11
    Joseph88 wrote: »
    Yeah this formation is for cowards. Sheep who only d*ck ride pros and streamers same losers who only cherry pick home games who can’t get above gold 1 😂

Except most elite one and pros use 4231 and cherry pick home games.....so they can defo get above gold one 🤪
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3615 posts National Call-Up
    I guess in 2019 a formation in a video game can be toxic.

Yup.
  • Redmob
    88 posts Park Captain
    The formation I fear the worst is 4-3-2-1 with people who have Mbappe, Neymar, icons. They run past me like I’m standing still and play 100 mph around the pitch.
  • Lewis9UTx
    860 posts Professional
    Redmob wrote: »
    The formation I fear the worst is 4-3-2-1 with people who have Mbappe, Neymar, icons. They run past me like I’m standing still and play 100 mph around the pitch.

I use this, only problem is defensively it's just so open and you cant particularly control the game
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    I used 4231 and went 17-11 two weeks ago

This weekend league went 4222 and went 17-11

Felt like it played better and 4231 was pants in comparison
  • barryw
    1159 posts Play-Off Hero
    1 Zlatan
    2 Ibra
    3 Himovic
  • Batman442
    3822 posts National Call-Up
    FIFA 17 4321, FIFA 18 41212, FIFA 19 4231 FIFA 20 probably 424.. whatever the YouTubers or streamers say is OP, the sheep will follow.
  • freakjas
    6529 posts Big Money Move
    Tbf Odontologie mind 4231 that much as it’s quite predictable to play against.
    Im struggling way more to play against 433s, 442 n stuff.
    433(4) User myself
  • Bananakick
    239 posts Sunday League Hero
    The one with wingers or cam?
  • AULERT
    704 posts An Exciting Prospect
    4-2-3-1 works with a good team, doesn’t work so well with an average team. I have previously played 4-2-3-1, but after the patch prefer formations with two Strikers. A lot of people use it, but not very well. Can be difficult to break down at times (this is where you need the big man Zlatan in the box), albeit I rarely lose to a 4-2-3-1.
  • The_Faries_76
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have used 4222 since November, and have found that it just didn't work as well since patch.
    I switched to 4231, and have been unbeaten since, using exactly the same players, and similar CT's & PI's.

• freakjas
    6529 posts Big Money Move
    Bananakick wrote: »
    The one with wingers or cam?
    Cams
    Obviously
    80% out there are using it lol
  • L0ngline
    471 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Batman442 wrote: »
    FIFA 17 4321

The good ol' days 😇

I mean, is there a reason NOT to play 4231?
    - There versatility allows people to play drop back + counter, possession based,
    attacking style 433(2)-esque if u use one attacking cdm, wing play..There's not a single thing u can't do in this formation 🤔
    - It fits the gameplay mechanics. Autointercepting is super strong, attacking with 4 men only up front is still a viable tactic, drop back and pressing too (which shouldn't make sense at all btw). Which benefit would you actually have to play 4231 with a high defensive line?
    There isn't anything wrong with the community when it comes to formations, the gameplay just forces them to play in a certain way.

• RVN_10
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    I will never know why people are bothered by what others are using, whether it's formation or players. Surely it matters more what you are using and enjoying
  • Antiseen
    1372 posts Professional
    RVN_10 wrote: »
    I will never know why people are bothered by what others are using, whether it's formation or players. Surely it matters more what you are using and enjoying

Well when opponent using this, surely it effects your level of enjoyment.
    Robbenhood wrote: »
    It’s not the formation, it’s the way people use it. When you set both your CDM’s and fullbacks to stay back while attacking and then chase back with one of your CAM’s, it’s pathetic. Throw in dropback and a low defensive line with depth turned all the way back and you have your classic piece of **** FIFA player.

• RVN_10
    So basically people are struggling against it therefore it's bad and people should use it? Literally the definition of a sore loser
  • Idek
    10863 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 11
    I've been using 3-1-4-2 for the last 2 weeks now and get the exact same results as when I was using 4-3-2-1

Formation/players/tactics etc. don't really matter you'll still end up around the same so just use what you enjoy
  • RVN_10
    Idek wrote: »
    I've been using 3-5-2 for the last 2 weeks now and get the exact same results as when I was using 4-3-2-1

Formation/players/tactics etc. don't really matter you'll still end up around the same so just use what you enjoy

Well said, far too many people play this game and expect to finish higher in weekend league and can't take a loss in division rivals without blaming other people's formation etc