Why are Icon loans so expensive?

ccooaattssyy
4555 posts National Call-Up
edited February 10
20 games is not much. Surely the purpose of the loan card is to "try before you buy/commit to the SBC." It might be the only way some people get to use some of the icons.

Do not allow them to be used in the weekend league but do not make them 50k+
No one in their right mind would do that SBC.
You could even decrease the amount of games to 7/10 if needs be.

They should be priced around 10-15k. Maybe top tier icons (maldini, Gullit etc) 20/25k. That would also help to take coins out of the game compared to few doing the loans for any of those who cost 50k+ Even some average icon loans have cost that much.

This extends to POTM/other player SBCs.

Why?

Comments

• ccooaattssyy
    For instance, I have not used Crespo since FIFA 14 where he ruined people for me.

I'd like to give him a few games again, but I either buy and hope to not lose on tax, or pay 50k for the privilege of 10 games.
  • Surfy
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm assuming because if they made them too low everyone would just keep them in their club, and use them as super subs.
  • Kizler
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yep completely agree. Take away the ability of using in the WL and reduce amount of games.
  • ccooaattssyy
    edited February 10
    Surfy wrote: »
    I'm assuming because if they made them too low everyone would just keep them in their club, and use them as super subs.

Only for 7 games though.

Subs still use a contract.

They wouldn't be able to be used in WL anyway.

They should never be in WL.
  • Surfy
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    Surfy wrote: »

Only for 7 games though.

Subs still use a contract.

They wouldn't be able to be used in WL anyway.

They should never be in WL.

Yes, I think that is the issue. I know subs use a contract, but it allows you not to use a contract if not necessary IE no point playing crespo if you're wining 5-0 before half time. I do agree loan players should not be available in WL.
  • Wonderfulwest
    4557 posts National Call-Up
    I agree just ban them from being used in WL and lower the price. They are there to be tried
  • ITSSPENO
    1813 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 10
    I don't even see the point of banning them from WL. If average Joe wants 10 games of fun with Dinho for the year so be it.

Might make him push on to buy him outright
  • Danic123
    2262 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why ban from WL? Everyone has the option. Agree, make them cheaper. Or give them for free for 3-5 games everytime one is released.
  • Kizler
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 10
    They aren’t just going to reduce the price of the loan cards so limiting the game mode or reducing the number of games would help justify a decrease in price for the loan.

They won’t reduce it anyway! :|
  • Shouldn’t be excluded from wl. I’ve no issue facing them, or occasionally using them.
  • LeonidasJB
    13438 posts Has That Special Something
    Shouldn’t be excluded from wl. I’ve no issue facing them, or occasionally using them.

Personally all loans should be excluded from WL.
  • mellow_yellow
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Shouldn’t be excluded from wl. I’ve no issue facing them, or occasionally using them.

I guess you have quite a decent squad then, I have a below average squad and it really gets to me when I come up against loan icons in wl. I lost in a crucial match and all goals against me where scored by a loan icon.
  • Waldog94
    1232 posts Professional
    Tbf i paid 55k gor r9 loan last year and will be for the high end ones i choose not to do this year
  • Reus
    21974 posts Club Captain
    You have to be bitter and twisted to be bothered by someone using a loan icon against you in wl
  • ccooaattssyy
    Reus wrote: »
    You have to be bitter and twisted to be bothered by someone using a loan icon against you in wl

Whilst this is true, I’m trying to justify making em cheaper.
  • Shouldn’t be excluded from wl. I’ve no issue facing them, or occasionally using them.

I guess you have quite a decent squad then, I have a below average squad and it really gets to me when I come up against loan icons in wl. I lost in a crucial match and all goals against me where scored by a loan icon.

Yeah it’s ok. But you have the option of doing the loan sbc too. It’s not much different than the guy who’s shelled out a fortune on a team, whilst the opponent ain’t spent a dime
  • AdamH
    502 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just use untradables? That’s what I did for Nakata
  • mellow_yellow
    Reus wrote: »

bit dramatic that like, "bitter and twisted" lol.
  • mellow_yellow

Yeah it’s ok. But you have the option of doing the loan sbc too. It’s not much different than the guy who’s shelled out a fortune on a team, whilst the opponent ain’t spent a dime

That is true but i see it as a waste of coins.

and as for the guys that shell out for the dream teams, the ones I come across are in my league for a reason, normally they are crap kids with too much pocket money, they have played with that team for a while and matchmaking has put them against players on their level, however if they have an average team and use a couple of loan icon strikers it gives them a massive boost to their normal capabilities.
  • Bob_Dylan
    18742 posts World Class
    I say reduce the amount of games, 20 games i 2/3 of WL
  • MNnative
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why would we take them out of weekend league how would I know how they will do in WL.. what would be the whole point then.. rivals atleast for me is different to weekend league. People play more relaxed and don’t try every little thing to win
  • Diggy
    12729 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m glad they increased the price after Henry came out last year

Playing loan Henry 15 times in a row in weekend league was not fun
  • mellow_yellow
    MNnative wrote: »
    Why would we take them out of weekend league how would I know how they will do in WL.. what would be the whole point then.. rivals atleast for me is different to weekend league. People play more relaxed and don’t try every little thing to win

surely they will play the same for you no matter what version of the game you are in? if they play well in rivals then they will play well in WL ?
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    3903 posts National Call-Up
    i got loan georgie best when it came out..dont know why but i just like him sitting there on the bench with the 20 still in tact o:)
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    3903 posts National Call-Up
    nedved is only 20k
    butra is pricey at 55
    owen 26k
    nesta 16k
    nakata 8k
    rijkaard 51k
    crespo 51k
    baresi 8k
    figo 62k
  • ccooaattssyy
    Diggy wrote: »
    I’m glad they increased the price after Henry came out last year

Playing loan Henry 15 times in a row in weekend league was not fun

That’s why no WL
  • FinneganFach
    2103 posts Fans' Favourite
    I guess it's a matter of perspective.

Because I play a hybrid with finely balanced chem, I like to collect a few loan icons for central positions as red card cover in case I get like a CDM or CB suspended.

To that end, they last me a couple months with 20 odd games. Probably longer. For 20k a pop or whatever that isn't too shabby tbh.

• TimRUFC
    3219 posts National Call-Up
    No idea but thank **** they are 🤭 cba playing against stupid loans every WL
  • Knowlesdinho
    9172 posts League Winner
    There is nothing wrong with loan cards being in WL. It gives a chance to those who may not be able to afford icons.

I don’t do the loans myself, because they are a coin sink, but it really doesn’t bother me that people use them.