Why do people still play this?

liamano123
321 posts An Exciting Prospect
This is a genuine question because when games screw me over as much as this game has I stop playing. My time is coming to an end now but I’m curious with the amount of complaining on the forum why do people still invest time. I get nothing out of this game and I mean real things not virtual currency or cards. (Although I don’t get that either) but happiness I remember I could find happiness out of most fifa titles but this one I just can’t find it. I’m winding down and playing less and less. My age I believe is a factor to this. I’ve just can’t tolerate the greed and lack of care for the gameplay.

What about you guys

Comments

• MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    I ask myself this question everyday. Really don't know why I'm still playing partly for my love of football and partly for my addiction to FUT I would imagine.
  • Antiseen
    1329 posts Professional
    edited February 9
    liamano123 wrote: »
    This is a genuine question because when games screw me over as much as this game has I stop playing. My time is coming to an end now but I’m curious with the amount of complaining on the forum why do people still invest time. I get nothing out of this game and I mean real things not virtual currency or cards. (Although I don’t get that either) but happiness I remember I could find happiness out of most fifa titles but this one I just can’t find it. I’m winding down and playing less and less. My age I believe is a factor to this. I’ve just can’t tolerate the greed and lack of care for the gameplay.

What about you guys

Game is dead, we should really stop playing this mess
  • liamano123
    321 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Antiseen wrote: »

What about you guys

All it would take is a consumer strike. Like COD points on black ops 3. Things changed after that. But people won’t even put a controller down for a week
  • Antiseen
    1329 posts Professional

What about you guys

All it would take is a consumer strike. Like COD points on black ops 3. Things changed after that. But people won’t even put a controller down for a week

I would. If only we somehow manage to unite
  • I don't really. I've always enjoyed building teams, casually trading and doing SBC's more than actually playing the game.

I haven't truly enjoyed the gameplay in a FIFA game since they moved to the current consoles.
  • Matt_Cornwall
    2966 posts National Call-Up
    I have no god dam idea. Just lost 3 games on the bounce that I've f***ING dominated and their keeper has made 15, 13 and 14 saves. Absolute joke, I've turned off for the night. It's the only game I think of that leaves you feeling so bloody angry
  • MHoney1234
    7994 posts League Winner
    For the love of football. My love of Fifa died this year. Really believe that this is the worst Fifa ever created.
  • SomeNextGuy
    3013 posts National Call-Up
    It's a release. Personally I don't have the patience to play Red Dead, and other long winded games, but when I have time I like to play a couple of games of Fifa.

It's the only half decent football game available to play, and I find it fun. There's always been exploits. I remember posting on this forum back in 2011 during the 360 days, and the amount of threads complaining about the game was more or less the same as now.
  • IamLeeroy
    430 posts Sunday League Hero
    Same **** different year. We all complain, to many keep playing, most people come back.

If you love football you love fifa. It's hard for me to watch the matches at the weekend and not fancy a game of fifa.

• Kalhead
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I enjoy the game. That might make me the minority, but I love football, this is the best football game out there and I enjoy the process of grinding to build a good team and then move up the fut champs rankings. Maybe the game exploits my competitive nature and love of football - I also find myself far less frustrated with the game since the most recent patch.

One more thing and I think the content generally since the debacle of FUTMAS has been at times engaging. TOTY was a blast, the future stars stuff was good and the headliners was decent enough.

I might change all this depending on how my last 10 games of futchamps go
  • Antiseen
    1329 posts Professional
    Kalhead wrote: »
    I enjoy the game. That might make me the minority, but I love football, this is the best football game out there and I enjoy the process of grinding to build a good team and then move up the fut champs rankings. Maybe the game exploits my competitive nature and love of football - I also find myself far less frustrated with the game since the most recent patch.

One more thing and I think the content generally since the debacle of FUTMAS has been at times engaging. TOTY was a blast, the future stars stuff was good and the headliners was decent enough.

I refuse to believe you. You are probably EA employee or type of player who just ptb, running around with ccam, waiting all game to do 60yard through ball to Werner.
  • DevineAaron
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Because we like self harm. I think I've figured it out.
  • DevineAaron
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I refuse to believe you. You are probably EA employee or type of player who just ptb, running around with ccam, waiting all game to do 60yard through ball to Werner.

Either that or he has an amazing op team that basically automatically wins him games no matter how bad he plays.
  • Torn4do
    812 posts Semi-Pro
    I can’t play this rubbish anymore, every game is sluggish, button delays, tackles going to better positions etc

Had enough, never get anything decent in packs, think my patience has run out now and giving up on this game, just no fun!
  • Andyzim
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have never played a game that made me so angry and frustrated before. Playing video games is meant to be fun, I think ea have forgotten this. I don't mind losing in a good close game against a skilled opponent. What is frustrating is losing unfairly because of factors outside your control when the game ignores your inputs and chooses its own outcome. This isn't a football game, it's a random dramatic scenario generator biased in every way possible to encourage naive, susceptible gamers into spending more money.
  • Sterve
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Because many people are addicted to opening packs and psychologically manipulated into playing for rewards.
  • Raider
    3702 posts National Call-Up
    If the rewards would have been better I would probably say I enjoy and have fun playing it, currently I'm just madly grinding hoping I can pack something decent so I can finally buy some players I'd like to try, as I've never even used Ronaldo, Messi, high end icons, past weeks Ive been doing lots of league sbcs and been getting G1, div2 r1 rewards and I made maybe like 300k total, so if this rate won't change I'll quit in a few weeks time
  • chiodos86
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park

I’m with you. I like all the stuff like future stars and headliners, the more player variations the better. It’s also funny when people complain when there’s no new content for a day. Back in the early fut years there was no sbc’s, no weekend league, nothing new until toty/tots!

I also like the game. It was def more enjoyable earlier on though (up to around fut 14). I’m pretty sure everyone will disagree but it was better when it was more arcade-y. People have wanted it more and more realistic but it’s made it more and more boring. For a few years I even enjoyed games that I lost! Still, until a better game comes out I’m still enjoying fifa.
  • Kalhead
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect

You besmirch my good name!

I'm an Elite player (pre patch and post patch). You ain't getting to Elite if all you do is PTB and then try and score on the counter. At that level you're good enough to abuse people who just PTB but alas I fear you are not of a requisite standard to understand.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5741 posts Big Money Move

I’ve played every weekend league this year and most last year. I grinded to build a great team. But yet I’ve never “moved up in the fut champions rankings.” Gold 2 no matter what. Pretty sure I could get gold 2 with a bronze team or a 60 million team.
  • balErik
    945 posts Professional
    Ultimate team has brilliant content (Can be a lot better ofcourse, and the pack weight should be better) but I think we stick around because of the lottery, we feel we can hit the jackpot with the next packs and sbcs.

Nobody would play this game if there were no rewards, this game feels like this:

• Pocketsquareguy
    5741 posts Big Money Move
    For me, fifa has brought me so much joy over the last 20 years, it’s a part of my life. I think there is part of me that thinks that joy will come back. Even though I know EA is purposely trying to make the game joyless.