Why is FIFA deteriorating every year?

Tzatziki78
43 posts Park Captain
edited February 9
I've played this game since Road to world cup 98 and have been in love with this game since then. But for about the past 4 years, as the graphics and the realism of the game improves, the actual gameplay itself continues to get worse year by year. This year for the first time I just can't play it anymore. I'm not gonna lie and say I've quit completely cos I can't. I was an addict and could easily play 20 - 30 games per day. But the state the game is in now I never want to turn it on anymore and play once a week when that old urge kicks in. But each session now for me lasts about 5 games and I quit.

I'm just so fed up with losing games now all the time because I'm not able to play a game anymore that is 100% controlled by me.
I lose all the time cos the AI decides match after **** match that my players will all be dead tired before 65 minutes, passes will go in opposite directions I asked for often going to the opponent in a dangerous situation, shots going in all kinds of directions, referees making atrocious decisions, goalies doing insane things, challenges from behind in the box not being given as penalties, last man defenders taking me out and just seeing yellow, I mean the list can just go on and on how horrible it is to play now as a real sports game.

Why with technology the way it is now is this game actually getting worse now every year? Honest discussion here, valid points as to why this is the case and is there hope for it to get magically better maybe next year ?

Comments

• Rossi1000
    228 posts Sunday League Hero
    Master110 wrote: »
    FUT

100%

• OfficialPayton
    353 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ea care about 2 things!
    1) Money.
    2) UT
  • Gameplay is worse I’ve ever seen
  • Evryone hates losing obviously as do I but I agree with you wen u have no say in the result because gameplay is so poor it makes me so mad
    Passing slow gameplay out of sync passes going behind your intended players running around the pitch as if they’ve got wellies on
    This weekend has far been the worse for this
  • Tj_jedi
    15 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Because the pioneers and decision makers of the FIFA series should have left the company, there is still a gap in the ability to take over. Much of this gap comes from an understanding of football.
  • Tj_jedi
    It is also one of the reasons for paying more attention to money. Otherwise break the head into EA.
  • Tj_jedi
    It is not worse, but the progress is not obvious. Short development cycle
  • FIFA is designed for FUT pro play and nothing else.
  • madstoog
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    no variety in the game, meta is found by top youtubers and streamers and then everyone plays the same.

Drop back ptb counter 4-2-3-1 is it at the moment.

Unless your a pro this can get really boring and frustrating to play against after 10 or so games. Plus the AI defending is a joke. Having to beat 9 AI players just for TOTY messi or CR7 to put it wide with a timed shot 13 yards out under no pressure. They your opponent goes to the other end and does an 'el tornado' and scores a header with messi vs varane.
  • Couldn’t agree more mate..since FUT was introduced and then tactical defending from about fifa 13 if I remember correctly the gameplay has got worse year on year. Unfortunately EA basically own football in a gameing sense and have completely cornered the market to the extent they have no real competition to compete against year on year and they have no real need or want imo to make it a quality game experience for all. Their main drive these days are to maximise revenue at all costs. Look at the sbc’s this year for example, spend loads of coins to get a quality card but it’s untradebale so all that coin you’ve spent you can’t get back. Also the introduction of the future stars cards (although traceable) made the cards we all saved for for players that are current stars pretty much obsolete. Also the introduction of the new rivals weekly awards isn’t all that imo either. In other FIFA’s you’d earn way more coin week to week with coin rewards for winning,staying in or being relegated from each of the 10 leagues unless you’re one of the very few lucky one that pull top cards from a reward pack. Anyway rant over lol.
  • Henry14
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Because EA simply doesn't give AF about anything else except the money the game makes(FUT). FIFA is made by expendable EA developers that rush projects and not people who actually love the beautiful game.
  • I've been having a better gameplay experience since I changed the controls from 'assisted' to either manual/semi. On assisted I'd get those games where your players can barely string a pass together, it felt more scripted. Then towards the end of the game the opposition turns into prime Brazil and you always end up conceding a 90+ minute equalizer or whatever.

On manual/semi i don't experience this so often. Much more enjoyable.
  • Foxsake
    1170 posts Professional
    It’s the community we find exploits in the game and abuse them.
    It’s also more competative these days with all the rewards.
  • Alecwest77 wrote: »
    Couldn’t agree more mate..since FUT was introduced and then tactical defending from about fifa 13 if I remember correctly the gameplay has got worse year on year. Unfortunately EA basically own football in a gameing sense and have completely cornered the market to the extent they have no real competition to compete against year on year and they have no real need or want imo to make it a quality game experience for all. Their main drive these days are to maximise revenue at all costs. Look at the sbc’s this year for example, spend loads of coins to get a quality card but it’s untradebale so all that coin you’ve spent you can’t get back. Also the introduction of the future stars cards (although traceable) made the cards we all saved for for players that are current stars pretty much obsolete. Also the introduction of the new rivals weekly awards isn’t all that imo either. In other FIFA’s you’d earn way more coin week to week with coin rewards for winning,staying in or being relegated from each of the 10 leagues unless you’re one of the very few lucky one that pull top cards from a reward pack. Anyway rant over lol.

TD was added in fifa 12. TD is great for 10 min halfs for this fast pace style you need LD

The untradeable cards are because of people selling players on EBAY
  • McKrill
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No wonder why EA is loosing customers. Instead of focusing on quality, the only thing they care about is rushing out their games so they can make even more money. The Fifa franchises have lost their soul... it's not fun to play the game, no matter if its online or offline.
  • Rossi1000
    228 posts Sunday League Hero
    McKrill wrote: »
    No wonder why EA is loosing customers. Instead of focusing on quality, the only thing they care about is rushing out their games so they can make even more money. The Fifa franchises have lost their soul... it's not fun to play the game, no matter if its online or offline.

With no competitor fifa isn’t losing custom everyone still buys the game on release some idiots buy early release still not learning the game will need a patch to correct op errors

Very few people into football don’t buy a footy game 3 months down the line as all buy it on release

Pes is no competition hasn’t been for years but if ea had someone pushing them it might wake them up
    this happened to Konami years ago they had the better football game but didn’t improve pes or game modes with a database while ea pushed hard to improve fifa and everyone switched because the game got better the modes standout and database was as it should be
  • Pooter
    416 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 13
    Because people keep buying fifa points is why ea doesn’t bother. EA keeps thinking its not a broken game if people buy fifa points.

Would you buy fifa points if the game’s broken? I wouldn’t
  • Tzatziki78
    43 posts Park Captain
    I've never spent a cent on FUT and refuse to play it. It's a joke people spend their money on it when they know there is so much **** in the game nowadays
  • I play just career mode but it's 7-8 years out of date now.

Too much microtransactions are killing the enjoyment on our part and innovation on theirs. I'll be happy when we have a way to pay for what we want in subscriptions instead of paying £50-60 for minor improvements.

Either that or separate FUT and turn it into a downloadable game for free like Warframe or World of Tanks.

Then release a physical version of Fifa without FUT attached and the other modes would get a fair treatment.