Player instructions.

Danic123
2263 posts Fans' Favourite
So basically post patch I was testing formations, tactics and player instructions.

And I’ve found for me that a lot of the normally advised meta is absolute garbage for me.

Essentially, I am settled on the 4231 narrow for now, so fair enough on that point. But only after I realised that actually removing some of the advised meta player instructions actually make the team play worse.

Meta - striker & at least the central CAM on stay forwards.
Meta - CDM’s & full backs on stay back.

All nonsense for me. I changed them all to balanced and the team now all move up down the pitch together. I even have crazy attacking style tactics and yet they defend better, build attacks better, concede less and score more - essentially everything you’d want.

I still have striker on get in behind, CAMS to get in box, CDM’s to cut passing lanes & full backs to overlap. Everything else is balanced.

I recommend that if things aren’t clicking for you, try that. Particularly if you’re an old school posesssion player like me who still utilises a quick counter.

Comments

• DeanoZoff
    4222 posts National Call-Up
    Yea i sit and laugh at people that play with 6 players on stay back.

You can tell they have no idea about football, regardless of their fifa results
  • Gabbalala
    2816 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don’t know how people can play a 4atb and not have their full backs on stay back. I just get countered every freaking time I attack! :(
  • TalentFG
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gabbalala wrote: »
    I don’t know how people can play a 4atb and not have their full backs on stay back. I just get countered every freaking time I attack! :(

I have one set to stay back and one on join attack 3atb is plenty plus the extra man help maintain possession, get the cross in and win the ball back.
  • ITSSPENO
    1950 posts Fans' Favourite
    TalentFG wrote: »

I have one set to stay back and one on join attack 3atb is plenty plus the extra man help maintain possession, get the cross in and win the ball back.

I wish we could have asymetrical formations to set up like this
  • Danic123
    2263 posts Fans' Favourite

I was when I had instructions on certain players. As soon as I changed all to balanced they were fine.