No big prime icon sbc yet, we want answers

Comments

• mdizzl3
    12306 posts Has That Special Something
    RonnyD could drop tonight
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Flamstead
    2821 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think you mean Meta icon SBC right? Coz Ballack, Raul and Rivaldo I would class as marquee icons considering it's the first year they have been in the game.

I agree though, the failure to release at least of one the main 2m+ Prime icons is terrible.
  • Futfanatic
    12244 posts Has That Special Something
    Maybe they are afraid they will break the market.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • Robbenhood
    1434 posts Professional
    Please hurry up and release a good icon so I can trade in this bum Nakata
  • Poolstu123
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The thing is there’s still so many trash icons to come to that they need to squeeze in. Not looking good
  • Robbenhood
    1434 posts Professional
    Poolstu123 wrote: »
    The thing is there’s still so many trash icons to come to that they need to squeeze in. Not looking good

EA need to go back to the player picks to get 5 icons out of the way at a time and speed this up
  • Futfanatic
    Robbenhood wrote: »
    Poolstu123 wrote: »

EA need to go back to the player picks to get 5 icons out of the way at a time and speed this up

Yes I think we would be much further along if they brought back player pick icons to get a few out of the way.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • Derryboy1893
    3557 posts National Call-Up
    Thing is with icon SBCS expiring this year then what is the point in releasing Baresi after Gullit etc. This is the best way they are doing it now.

You do some of these lesser icon SBCS and use them for a bit then trade them into the big prine/s you want.

I myself am waiting on Gullit
  • I don't get why there should be these SBC.

There are a lot of special cards frequently released, and all icons are available buying them as any other player.

If you really want one of them, find a way to get money and splash them.

If you just want to save money because you're not good enough to do it in another way, I can't see why EA should help you and people like you.

P.S.: the only icons I'm playing with are Ballack and Campbell, so I can't surely say I'm someone able to buy Gullit or Maldini (that were part of my team last year for the last 3 months of the season).
  • Messi181
    479 posts An Exciting Prospect
    regia5bg wrote: »
    I don't get why there should be these SBC.

There are a lot of special cards frequently released, and all icons are available buying them as any other player.

If you just want to save money because you're not good enough to do it in another way, I can't see why EA should help you and people like you.

P.S.: the only icons I'm playing with are Ballack and Campbell, so I can't surely say I'm someone able to buy Gullit or Maldini (that were part of my team last year for the last 3 months of the season).

Wdf are you on about ea helping us?? Releasing icon sbc is what they do it's not like they doing us a favour.
  • Mic2904
    1967 posts Play-Off Hero
    The issue is that there isn't a big tournament this summer, so EA need to keep the game alive for another 3 month after the domestic season in Europe finished off in late May.
  • Sterve
    562 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EAs next move should be to quickly release a big prime icon sbc with requirement costs considerably more than the icon costs on the market.
  • nj10
    2193 posts Fans' Favourite
    Someone earlier mentioned that they had saved up untradeables to complete the sbcs.

I think this is partially why ea haven’t released the big icons.

If everyone has soo many high rated untradeables available then the market won’t benefit from a big icon.

So lower cards are being released as a coin/ card sink.

Also what answers do you want from ea? An exact date for an icon release so everyone can prep it? They very rarely announce what sbcs are coming, that surprise helps the market aswell
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • Springveldt
    4495 posts National Call-Up
    George best was a pretty big icon imo. Hell never leave my first team. The funny thing is that ive never played an opponent used him? He just doesnt seem like it because he didnt play during our lifetimes.

Steven Gerrard would be my choice, mainly because he was my favorite player back in the day.

For actual gameplay dhino or maradonna would be cool
    The problem with Best is that he is relatively expensive when you can just pay 300K for Mbappe and get most of the performance from that card.

Only the really rich, fans of Best or the SBC addicted probably did it.

I'd have loved to have done him, but I have an untradable Mbappe and I couldn't justify using nearly all my funds just to upgrade an already very good card.

• Springveldt
    4495 posts National Call-Up
    nj10 wrote: »
    Someone earlier mentioned that they had saved up untradeables to complete the sbcs.

If everyone has soo many high rated untradeables available then the market won’t benefit from a big icon.

Also what answers do you want from ea? An exact date for an icon release so everyone can prep it? They very rarely announce what sbcs are coming, that surprise helps the market aswell
    Technically you need to prep for a big icon as there is no possible way you can complete it within 30 days without spending a huge amount on points.

Most of these icons we are taking about are going to required at least 3 icons to be submitted along with teams up to 89/90 rated. That kind of coinage just isn't possible in 30 days.

12K FP probably returns about 300K on average? (no idea, never bought 12K points but I doubt it's more considering it's equivalent to 6 100K packs.) These icons are going to be priced at around 3M coins to complete and you are only given 30 days to do it. You need to prep, there is no other way of completing unless you are willing to spend hundreds on points and get lucky at the same time.
  • seabo
    1408 posts Professional
    They should release player picks for those players 1.3mil and under.
    For example:
    Gerrard, Blanc, Desailly, Del Piero, Petit, Roberto Carlos are all in a similar range. Then you have guys below that who should also come out as player picks. Only the big boys should be 1 by 1 and it should start now - even 1 per month til end of fifa will take a long time.
  • CharlieC
    6097 posts Big Money Move
    sounds like @sonnyfilth has invested in icons to me! :wink:
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • HullCity1904
    1873 posts Fans' Favourite
    EA knows those icons are a big trump card so they want to withhold as long as possible

but i do agree, there's a ton of icons to go, it's february... even if they dropped one big icon a month that's too slow a pace before fifa 20
  • Messi181 wrote: »

Wdf are you on about ea helping us?? Releasing icon sbc is what they do it's not like they doing us a favour.

Everyone is playing the same game.

I can't see why "super Icons" SBC should be released now and not later, especially considering these players are already available on market, just that.

If someone prepared early for it, that's his problem, surely not EA.

It'd be like to complain about the lack of a specific league SBC... nonsense imho.

You can bet on something, but you can't complain if the result isn't what you hope.
  • nj10
    2193 posts Fans' Favourite
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    nj10 wrote: »

What is this prep nonsense

Unless they release the SPECIFIC icon then what is there to prep

UT's? Got them either way

My ICON's? Got them either way

High rated golds? People buy when they're low either way, anyone serious/smart/mass influencing investor is buying regardless

It is an idiotic reason and just an excuse to troll us more

That’s partly my point, they don’t want everyone running around with gullit and r9

I’m sure I read something last year that they try and release cards which are inline with the growth of people teams
  • Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    Messi181 wrote: »

Everyone is playing the same game.

I can't see why "super Icons" SBC should be released now and not later, especially considering these players are already available on market, just that.

If someone prepared early for it, that's his problem, surely not EA.

It'd be like to complain about the lack of a specific league SBC... nonsense imho.

You can bet on something, but you can't complain if the result isn't what you hope.

Only the top few percent of players can afford to buy them off the market though, a lot of people have been grinding each week for untradeable rewards so that they can use them in an elite icon sbc. We just want ONE, especially seeing as we had quite a few by this point last year.

I don’t think there is any other games company that intentionally p*sses off their customers like this
  • Foxsake
    1930 posts Fans' Favourite
    Totally agree with this
    George best was a pretty big icon imo. Hell never leave my first team. The funny thing is that ive never played an opponent used him? He just doesnt seem like it because he didnt play during our lifetimes.

Steven Gerrard would be my choice, mainly because he was my favorite player back in the day.

For actual gameplay dhino or maradonna would be cool
    The problem with Best is that he is relatively expensive when you can just pay 300K for Mbappe and get most of the performance from that card.

Only the really rich, fans of Best or the SBC addicted probably did it.

I'd have loved to have done him, but I have an untradable Mbappe and I couldn't justify using nearly all my funds just to upgrade an already very good card.

• Futfanatic
    Need the market to come down before they release the big ones, they don't want to make 5M SBC's.
  • Supermario911
    1222 posts Professional
    You think EA don't know what they are doing?

They are a top business, they know exactly the plan and approach to maximise FP sales
  • SuperRob
    1407 posts Professional
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Need the market to come down before they release the big ones, they don't want to make 5M SBC's.

The have last years prices as a guide. If they were to release Ronaldinho at the same requirements as last year then this would help bring the market down a little anyway. Whilst EA dont release the big boys then the price of all end game players will remain high.