Anybody miss FIFA 13

agentxyz2
790 posts Professional
That was a good for me. Down hill ever since

Comments

• Aguy9916
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Agree... I played several before but 13 was when it became my most played game and has been the same ever since.

I dabbled in FUT back then but didn't really have a clue what I was doing aside from the most basic stuff.

Then had a few years off FUT after deciding it was a rip off 😂 back this year much more seriously in most part due to this forum and what can be learned, still think it's a rip off though!

FUT. The best and worst thing ever to happen to fifa, amazing concept ruined by greed.
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    Yes, I very much miss 5 chem eto'o being the best card on game and 99% of goals coming from an L1-triangle
  • Aguy9916
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fifa 2007/8/9 also hold good memories for me.... the first time me and mates got online with Xbox 360... night after night in a party chat playing friendlies in a makeshift leauge for £5 pay in each winner takes all... beers flowing... good times.
  • Agreed. I played fifa 12, and fifa 13 several hours per week, maybe even per day. It was with no doubt the only two video games I loved, because all of my friends played it together.
    It all changed when fifa 14 entered the scene. Fifa 14 was absolutely horrible compared to 12 and 13, with its weird pack opening showing the whole card and not the name, the dreadful gameplay with overpowered headers and lousy pace... I played 14 for 2 months, and haven't played fifa (more than simple games with friends on fifa 15) ever since.
    Wow... I thought I was alone when it comes to missing 12 and 13... Is there any possibility to make EA either re-open the 13, 12- servers, or to make a new fifa with the old gameplay?
  • I talked with customer support at EA. He gave me some IP-addresses to use for me to be able to play fifa 12 and fifa 13. He told me to contact my internet service provider to open these addressen on my wifi, and then he told me I could play. Anyone tried this?
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    Let's be honest here, everyone and their dog was complaining about Fifa 13 at that time. Pace being a huge factor and people using lobbed through balls 24/7. That said, I loved Fifa 13 aswell. You would get punished if your defending game wasn't on point and having good attackers actually meant something. I loved that IF/SIF (cant remember, believe he had 2 if's that year) Countinho as a CAM.
  • One of the things that I absolutely loved about the game was the rarity in special cards. Even if you got inform Obraniak in the french league with terrible stats, you still would jump out of happiness. Every fifa since fifa 15 feels like everyone gets a blue, purple, pink, green, orange etc. It takes away the exciting feeling of opening packs when you almost every time gets something special, while rarity of SPECIAL CARDS disappear.
    The same thing with prices. In fifa 12 you saved and saved to afford someone good, and when you finally got that person it was incredible. Today every player with 85+ rating and good stats costs incredible amounts of money. If I'm not mistaken Messi's normal card cost 200-300k at the end of fifa 12, which was reasonable price for him. But today someone in their high 80s with good stats and plays in a good league can cost up to 700k, which is absolutely insane. The prices of Messi and Ronaldo is in the millions, which is only mount-able if you buy coins or serious amounts of fifa points.
    It felt more genuine in fifa 12 and 13, when the whole game was supposed to be a "road to glory"-type of game. Nowadays everything is about stream, youtube, whoever gets the best player in pack, buying coins, price ranges etc.
    Who did come up with the idea of price ranges? It takes away the whole possibility of making big profits on the market.
  • I haven't played fifa 19 yet. What features is better with this game compared to recent games? I heard someone saying fifa 19 is the best so far - is it really?
  • WFCBagnall
    68517 posts Moderator
    Worst Fifa they ever released.
  • limjitwe
    6459 posts Big Money Move
    No!!! Fifa has come along way from 12/13/14 etc. The older FIFAs was just about pace pace pace

The content now is so much better with different cards to use in different formations. I mean I’ve decent coinage so I can meddle with more variations and all.
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    shout out welliton emenike
  • limjitwe wrote: »
    No!!! Fifa has come along way from 12/13/14 etc. The older FIFAs was just about pace pace pace

The content now is so much better with different cards to use in different formations. I mean I’ve decent coinage so I can meddle with more variations and all.

Sure. But you have to admit that the prices of good players is outrageous. Is is nearly impossible to have good teams without buying coins or big amounts of fifa points. And with the different types of special cards makes them more of the "normal cards" than actual normal cards. The only normal cards that is rare is players like Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, De Bruyne etc. Players like Ramos, Chiellini, Reus, Marcelo is not nearly as rare as they were in the old fifas. If you would pack a player like Thiago Silva you would've been extremely happy. But nowadays it is not considered a really good pack if you would pack him now. The same thing with special cards. Packing an inform was a very rare and exciting moment in the old fifas. In fifa 15-19 it feels like you get a special cards every 10 pack you open.
  • mindm4ster
    4804 posts National Call-Up
    No

Fifa 13 was abysmal
  • SPN1987
    1904 posts Fans' Favourite
    I miss any FIFA with consistent gameplay and a bit of a skill gap. :(
  • L0ngline
    430 posts Sunday League Hero
    That is just nostalgia.
    The older fifas were straight cheeks. Fifa 10 was cool, 11 was okay, 12 and onwards (w exception of fifa 15) had one vital flaw: some extremely exploitable mechanics.
    U thought timed finesse pre patch were overpowered? Fifa 12 finesse were the most op thing ever. U dont like the new crossing meta? Fifa 14 new gen headers were even worse. And the list goes on and on and on. On top of that, there was nothing to play for with cups being the only competitive mode with a 5k pack reward for winning it the first time only.
    No sbcs, nothing besides totw/toty/tots, no draft, no rewards and only god knows how hard it was to accumulate coins 😂
  • SPN1987
    1904 posts Fans' Favourite
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Worst Fifa they ever released.

Obviously. But the FIFA community is the most forgiving community in the world. FIFA becoming worse every year. I can see myself completely retire if this trend continues. I have played less than 500 games so far this FIFA. Would have been 3 times that amount if gameplay was truly enjoyable.
  • mindm4ster
    4804 posts National Call-Up
    SPN1987 wrote: »
    I miss any FIFA with consistent gameplay and a bit of a skill gap. :(

so none of them ?
  • L0ngline wrote: »
    That is just nostalgia.
    The older fifas were straight cheeks. Fifa 10 was cool, 11 was okay, 12 and onwards (w exception of fifa 15) had one vital flaw: some extremely exploitable mechanics.
    U thought timed finesse pre patch were overpowered? Fifa 12 finesse were the most op thing ever. U dont like the new crossing meta? Fifa 14 new gen headers were even worse. And the list goes on and on and on. On top of that, there was nothing to play for with cups being the only competitive mode with a 5k pack reward for winning it the first time only.
    No sbcs, nothing besides totw/toty/tots, no draft, no rewards and only god knows how hard it was to accumulate coins 😂

I agree with you. But I still think that the flaws of the newest fifas is way worse, such as; big amount of special cards, impossible prices on good players, much easier to pack good players. Even though it was hard to get good amount of coins in the old fifas, I still think it was way more fun than buying coins to get messi and ronaldo for millions and millions of coins.
  • SomeNextGuy
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 11
    I loved 13, but make no mistake, loads of people didn't. I was a regular on the forums back then and the majority agreed that it was the worst UT ever. Pace 'abuse' was rife, and many didn't enjoy the game.

I had a record of 12:1 using mainly Bronze and Silver teams, and a 50k BPL team towards the end. A well built cheap team would legit match the very best teams in the game.

Some would say that the game has progressed for the better since then. I know I simply wouldn't be able to compete with such teams now. Which is possibly a good thing?

The only thing I'm sure about is that there should definitely be a platform for Bronze v Bronze and Silver v Silver games.
  • seabo
    1407 posts Professional
    Fifa 13, 15, 16, 17 were decent for me. Didn't play 12. Rest trash. Every year people say it's the worst Fifa and it's not actually nostalgia IMO but sort of true lmao. Sure technology, graphics and content advanced but gameplay wise the game has continually become worse: more RNG and the skill gap keeps getting lower. So noticeable especially since introduction of WL from 17>18>19.
  • mlind4
    9 posts Ball Boy
    edited February 11
    I loved 13, but make no mistake, loads of people didn't. I was a regular on the forums back then and the majority agreed that it was the worst UT ever. Pace 'abuse' was rife, and many didn't enjoy the game.

I had a record of 12:1 using mainly Bronze and Silver teams, and a 50k BPL team towards the end. A well built cheap team would legit match the very best teams in the game.

Some would say that the game has progressed for the better since then. I know I simply wouldn't be able to compete with such teams now. Which is possibly a good thing?

The only thing I'm sure about is that there should definitely be a platform for Bronze v Bronze and Silver v Silver games.

That's absolutely true. But if you think of the prices of the good bronze and silver players, it didn't really matter. I mean, the best silver players in the game was in my opinion, was Agbonlahor and Arellano. Both of them cost serious amount of money, (Agbonlahor: minimum 150k, Arellano: minimum 30k - he plays in a bad league aswell) which means that you still had to earn your coins before you could beat good gold teams. There wasn't many good silver players you could use that would outsprint Thiago Silva, and then shoot from any angle in the back of the net if Neuer was goalie. The only player that I managed to do this with was Agbonlahor, and still he didn't do it every time, not even often. Arellano was incredible against bad gold players and silver players, but he didn't stand a chance against high quality players like thiago silva and neuer. I did in fact try a lot of silver players since I loved to find hidden gems, but there wasn't many that could compete with good gold players.

There was a difference playing with silver and bronze teams against gold teams, Yes. But the really good silver and bronze players (especially from good leagues if you wanted to build good teams) did, in fact, cost serious amount of money. So if you compare prices with the competence on the pitch, it evens out.
  • RGib1990
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ahhh the good old 352 Brazilian team :)
  • kcichris
    1498 posts Play-Off Hero
    good old times when welliton and esswein were the best attackers in the game
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    Was the prime of fut.
    4 years in development and just before ea got greedy.
  • sanjay17
    410 posts Sunday League Hero
    I miss FIFA 07 :smile: No FUT, brilliant manager mode, outstanding soundtrack, and consistent gameplay (although I hated the finesse shots)
  • TWS001
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    FIFA 13 was truly awful, the worst FUT until Fifa 18 arrived. Was just pace and lobbed through balls non stop. Only positive was that the bronze tournament was still active. I only played bronzes for the majority of that cycle.
    Essewein, Welliton and the Brazilian 352 was worse than anything this year can torture us with!
  • The_WC
    468 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fifa 12 was the goat Macon leite and el sha.
  • pudgyfudgy
    5347 posts Big Money Move
    I miss the soundtrack from Fifa 13. Didn't like the game but absolutely loved the soundtrack.