FUT can't control players momentarily?

ShadowofEnigma
204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
So, I'm just curious.

When I'm playing FUT Division , or almost any mode for that matter, it seems like at times, I don't get to control my player.

Say the ball is headed out of bounds. I have a player that is close enough to get it if he sprinted to it though it would be close. But when I switch to that player, it's just doing the animation like 'aww shucks, I can't get that darn ball over there'. While my opponent, further away, runs towards the ball and gets it.

Or, I have the ball, I pass the ball, the opponent tackles me, and the ball goes flying off some where on the field. I switch to the closest player, but can't seem to get him to move because he's just doing his own thing refusing to go in the direction I'm pressing ,UNTIL the ball goes passed this player, and my opponent gets the ball.

Am I the only one experiencing this? I can give other examples if I need to.
In short, situations where I could possibly win a free ball, my players can't be controlled for 1-3 seconds and have a tendency to just walk for a moment.

Granted, this doesn't happen ALL the time, but it does happen 2-3 times a game. I don't understand why. My ping/latency isn't an issue. My PC specs aren't an issue. Does this happen to anyone else?

Comments

• JRM1984
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Not that I expect anyone at EA to listen going by previous experience but I have also found the above annoyance. You select a player and even when you direct him in the opposite direction he continues to perform his 'automated' animation and ignores your command.
  • ShadowofEnigma
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    JRM1984 wrote: »
    Not that I expect anyone at EA to listen going by previous experience but I have also found the above annoyance. You select a player and even when you direct him in the opposite direction he continues to perform his 'automated' animation and ignores your command.

I can kind of understand when getting knocked down, and waiting for a goal then throwing the hands up,

But when the game is just forcing players to intentionally not move the way your direct, and is assisting the opponent team, or hell even my team. It's so obnoxious. I would rather have a skill based game then a game based on RNG.

Seriously, I can tell when the game is assisting me or my opponent, and I can tell when the game is flat, not assisting one way or the other (which I find far more fun).