I wouldn't do cheap SBC Icons just for future sbc

Navraat
3074 posts National Call-Up
by the time a big sbc will come out EA will release base Icon SBC and they will be half of what current cheapest icon sbc is

Comments

• Springveldt
    4495 posts National Call-Up
    Last one I did was Baresi and luckily I actually find him decent in game. I was going to do Nakata but had the same thought as you, I don't want to be stuck with him for a couple of months while waiting to submit him into a good Icon. I've switched to a 4-4-2 so Nakata doesn't really have a place in the team either.
  • El_Nino
    2276 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah not a bad shout tbf, by the looks of it it would even now still be a month or two before the big boys. And could well be after a base icon SBC
  • TheMightyBee
    2046 posts Fans' Favourite
    Depends, I'm loving using Nakata and you get packs with it. Why not use him until you want to upgrade.
  • holdenwait
    54770 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    nope
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Under 400k then I’d still do them
  • Zakury
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Depends, I'm loving using Nakata and you get packs with it. Why not use him until you want to upgrade.

@TheMightyBee because Nakata isnt even good enough to compete with the top 5 base card CAMs from all top 5 leagues
  • El_Nino
    2276 posts Fans' Favourite
    Zakury wrote: »

@TheMightyBee because Nakata isnt even good enough to compete with the top 5 base card CAMs from all top 5 leagues
    I mean I haven’t doke Nakata and obviously he isn’t the best but that comment is clearly idiotic.
    Stats wise he is better than nearly any normal(gold) card CAM, not to mention
    Icons tend to play above there stats and ofc links.
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    13952 posts Has That Special Something

Maybe people are just happy to use the player because they like them, I'm not good enough to compete at top level so I just use players I've enjoyed watching
  • Raider
    3428 posts National Call-Up
    Last one I did was Baresi and luckily I actually find him decent in game. I was going to do Nakata but had the same thought as you, I don't want to be stuck with him for a couple of months while waiting to submit him into a good Icon. I've switched to a 4-4-2 so Nakata doesn't really have a place in the team either.

did baresi and nakata and they're both in my current 11 and find them better than what I've had before :)
  • Recoba10
    1163 posts Professional
    Unpredictable what is coming next.. Big guns could be released today or this weekend...
  • Bags
    700 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Can i have this weeks lottery numbers too please?
  • Navraat
    3074 posts National Call-Up
    Recoba10 wrote: »
    Unpredictable what is coming next.. Big guns could be released today or this weekend...

unlikely to happen, ea wants to maximise the audience, a r9 that requires 5 icons will be 5m right now which is beyond what even the top 10% can afford

Now if you release r9 after base icon sbc and when market is crashed, he will be around 3-3.5m just like last year, add in untradeables, a few base icons from the sbc and you only have to spend 2m with coins. That's what EA wants to do, give more people the chance to do the sbc

• Navraat wrote: »
    by the time a big sbc will come out EA will release base Icon SBC and they will be half of what current cheapest icon sbc is

LOL

I would strongly advice everyone to do SBCs like Nakata (very cheap) or players they thing are very useful for their team. I did Campbell as he's a regular for me and I like him, and I also did Baresi and Rui Costa as SBC fodder (Rui Costa used to get Ballack, Baresi still in my team).

Never forget you also get packs.
  • BiigDee
    4332 posts National Call-Up
    From how this year has gone I think you would be taking a huge risk to try and predict what EA will do.

You can’t second guess Idiots.
  • TheMightyBee
    2046 posts Fans' Favourite

His shooting, passing and dribbling is incredible, he rockets in shots from all angles and distances for me. Fantastic player for the price, I play him easily ahead of NIF KDB.
  • Boommaametw3
    1659 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nakata is a must. Don't think we will see baby icon sbc this year bro. Way many good baby icons like Eusebio,Pele,Cruyff etc. Top 100 don't even get free icons anymore.
    Even if you do, once the sbc will expire prices will be stable.

• Futfanatic
    12243 posts Has That Special Something
    I agree
  • czcash
    450 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Filled up with:
    Raul
    van der Sar
    Nesta
    Baresi
    Nakata

And I have packed mid Nedved and mid Ballack on the way there :)

They all play except Nakata who comes in as a sub whenever I need to tweak my tactics

For me, this has been a great way of prepping for huge icons while having a great team to play with! Might even keep most of them and do a big icon sbc from scratch when it comes out