Why is this game smooth as silk one moment and laggy as hell the other? (PC)

Verdi42
63 posts Park Captain
When I start up this game there are two options: either all goes well from the start and the gameplay is smooth, and I'm having a lot of fun with this game. The other option is that gameplay feels really laggy, there seems to be input delay, players take ages to turn, they can't controll the ball and I feel like I have hardly any control over the players. It's unplayable that way.
I only play career mode, so it has nothing to do with servers. I always have the same programs running in the background (spotify and task manager (to check what other programs might be draining cpu or memory)). There is no logic in when it will be good and when it will be bad. The only thing I notice is that when I haven't got a lot of time to play it will be good, and when I have the whole day to myself it will be laggy.
I know I should probably post this in the Technical Issues subforum, but for some reason I'm unable to post there.
Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Verdi42
    63 posts Park Captain
    Nobody? It's really irritating. Right now I have the whole afternoon to play: laggy as hell, can't play a decent game.
  • wolf.gt
    55 posts Park Captain
    The Reason of this is DDA, (Dynamic difficulty adjustment ) one thing include in fifa engine to generate more "engagement" to user !

This is ruining the game for a long time!

this also happens in online and UT modes.

if you want try reproduce the problems in quick match go to options and chance bars in game Setting, USER gameplay Customization and CPU gameplay Customization.

I hope I have clarified why, because solution depends on EA!
  • FifaVet
    52 posts Park Captain
    wolf.gt wrote: »
    The Reason of this is DDA, (Dynamic difficulty adjustment ) one thing include in fifa engine to generate more "engagement" to user !

This is ruining the game for a long time!

this also happens in online and UT modes.

if you want try reproduce the problems in quick match go to options and chance bars in game Setting, USER gameplay Customization and CPU gameplay Customization.

I hope I have clarified why, because solution depends on EA!

Good answer lmao, because its fact.
  • Verdi42
    63 posts Park Captain
    There must be something we can do about it on PC, right? I'm going to look in the code, maybe there is something there.