• Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    Zakury wrote: »
    Because they were supposed to make 1.75 BILLION but only made 1.68 BILLION

the heart bleeds

Honestly feel like donating something, poor company hope they recover
  • WryLucky
    1437 posts Professional
    Now if only people could stop buying fifa points, now that would make them lose loads.
  • Smithy78
    85 posts Park Captain
    Wait till anthem gets released the shares will fall even more,sum of the games arnt hitting sales figures ,I actually think people are getting sick of loot boxes and having to pay for extras
  • Hoopsterz
    1672 posts Play-Off Hero
    Smithy78 wrote: »
    Wait till anthem gets released the shares will fall even more,sum of the games arnt hitting sales figures ,I actually think people are getting sick of loot boxes and having to pay for extras

That and part of the issue is that EA have such a bad reputation now (not just for fifa but also for countless issues with the rushed battlefield launch etc) that not just hardcore gamers are aware of this. Meaning any games attached to the EA brand people are starting to become reluctant to buy initially until they read reviews etc.. which normally aren't that great with EA games.
  • kcichris
    1609 posts Play-Off Hero
    laughter.gif
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Anthem isn't going to have loot boxes like FIFA. They're all going to be cosmetic - in Anthem.
  • Hoopsterz
    1672 posts Play-Off Hero
    AFC_95 wrote: »

Anthem isn't going to have loot boxes like FIFA. They're all going to be cosmetic - in Anthem.

But I'm sure those cosmetic items will be in loot boxes.. It EA after all.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Hoopsterz wrote: »

Yes, they will be in loot boxes. But it's just cosmetic. But I get what you mean, people are getting sick of the random aspect of microtransactions.
  • Hoopsterz
    1672 posts Play-Off Hero

Yes, they will be in loot boxes. But it's just cosmetic. But I get what you mean, people are getting sick of the random aspect of microtransactions.

Or just buying a game to then be told that you need to spend more money to look how you want in that game or even get a gun that you can't get without spending the money.

EA literally hide almost everything good in games behind a pay wall and people are really starting to realise.

I think the battlefront saga with the loot boxes really opened up EA's general playerbase's eyes as to how this company is.. Pre-orders have fallen on almost every single EA game since then.. Battlefield 5 had less people playing it than battlefield 4 at one point last week.. Like that's a game that's what 6/7 years old vs a game that came out recently and the older game has more active players..
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Or just buying a game to then be told that you need to spend more money to look how you want in that game or even get a gun that you can't get without spending the money.

EA literally hide almost everything good in games behind a pay wall and people are really starting to realise.

I think the battlefront saga with the loot boxes really opened up EA's general playerbase's eyes as to how this company is.. Pre-orders have fallen on almost every single EA game since then.. Battlefield 5 had less people playing it than battlefield 4 at one point last week.. Like that's a game that's what 6/7 years old vs a game that came out recently and the older game has more active players..

Yup. I agree. I miss the days when you bought a game and got the game. I don't mind DLCs, like COD map packs or more story missions. But loot boxes? I've never been a fan.
  • delpieroalex
    364 posts Sunday League Hero

Yup. I agree. I miss the days when you bought a game and got the game. I don't mind DLCs, like COD map packs or more story missions. But loot boxes? I've never been a fan.

Its EA marketing tactics as lootbox can get addictivea (the luck/gambling aspect).
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Its EA marketing tactics as lootbox can get addictivea (the luck/gambling aspect).

And it works. It's like Apple, their marketing is crazy. Somehow people buy their $1,200 phones every year even though they hardly change anything. Just like FIFA.
  • Springveldt
    4495 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 6

Not only the random aspect but the absolutely appalling odds of actually getting what you want coupled with the extortionate price. It's not only FIFA though, nearly every game that has loot boxes has shocking odds of getting what you want.
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1174 posts Professional

Anthem looks dreadful anyway why would anyone want a robot game where you can fly? We've seen it all before with games trying to add jet packs in the game and it didn't work out.

Im well and truly over loot boxes even if its cosmetic these loot boxes have ruined my favourite game gears of war and many other games this is why I'm avoiding every single ea game going forward they started this rubbish!

All games that are heavily focused on loot boxes I'm just avoiding altogether from now on the gaming industry needs to change drastically there is only a handful of devs out there that are doing things right.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Not only the random aspect but the absolutely appalling odds of actually getting what you want coupled with the extortionate price. It's not only FIFA though, nearly every game that has loot boxes has shocking odds of getting what you want.

That's just FIFA, or EA Sports games with appalling odds. I didn't spend money on cod but on WWII drop rate was really good.
  • RobBanner
    226 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA is down 17% pre market however, Ultimate Team was the company’s one shining light. Players are playing 15% more compared with the same quarter last year.

Fewer people have bought Fifa 19, however average spend per player is up over last years game.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5438 posts Big Money Move
    Zakury wrote: »
    Because they were supposed to make 1.75 BILLION but only made 1.68 BILLION

the heart bleeds

Few more promos and next quarter will make up for that.

Lets have the former future stars, has-been's with stupid ratings of what they COULD have been and give packs a <0.00001% of getting one.

Profit.
  • WryLucky
    1437 posts Professional
    EA sure have a nice flock of sheep for fifa, the sheep managed to free themselves from the other games.
  • Jordfy
    79 posts Park Captain
    I play Command and Conquer Rivals on my phone (well i did a month ago for about a month). Enjoyed it lots, very addictive but they didnt even try to hide the pay2win aspect of it. Wanted to put £10 on so bad but did not give in SIMPLY because i was aware EA was behind thid
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Jordfy wrote: »
    I play Command and Conquer Rivals on my phone (well i did a month ago for about a month). Enjoyed it lots, very addictive but they didnt even try to hide the pay2win aspect of it. Wanted to put £10 on so bad but did not give in SIMPLY because i was aware EA was behind thid

It's a free game to download, right? I sort of get why those games are P2W.
  • FCBlunt
    1851 posts Play-Off Hero
    I read somewhere that the Fifa Points profit doesn’t add into the stock. Whoever said that might’ve been wrong though.

I’ll go look for the saaauce.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    I read somewhere that the Fifa Points profit doesn’t add into the stock. Whoever said that might’ve been wrong though.

The value of FP sales will influence their stock price.
  • WryLucky
    1437 posts Professional

I wish people would stop buying fifa points so EA can just die already, can't stand them.
  • KingBarca
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 7
    EA is more than Fifa
    Way more than FIfa and you kids should know that.

But they didn't have anything besides Fifa that is successful the whole last year.

Battlefield 1 sold 7,3 Million Units but it heavily underperformed and went far below expectations.

THIS is the reason.
    Battlefield+other in this case not existent games and not Fifa.

Fifa actually is doing what it is projected to do for a Fifa not having a Worldcup year at its advantage.
    Its probably actually ahead with the NA Market currently roughly 40% stronger than in previous years when it comes to raw sales numbers.

Nothing will happen to Fifa because its the only thing that works currently for them.
    The other studios should be aware though because the success of Fifa raised the Shareholders and others expectations.
    They expect this impact from all their franchises.

Neither did in recent times.
    Battlefield underperforming,closing down Visceral Entertainment and deleting Games mid development because they took to long to make them.

Bioware better make sure Anthem is doing work for EA or otherwise they get Problems.
    After Mass Effect Andromeda and this maybe being their next flop(highly unlikely currently) they could get closed down in the future.
    Same with DICE if they don't manage to get Battlefield into the Tier 1 Category again though they probably have a longer leash because they work on the EA-wide Frostbite Engine.

But Fifa?
    They are fine
  • NYCDYNAMIX
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I pray EA shuts down, I pray every night
  • delpieroalex
    364 posts Sunday League Hero
    FCBlunt wrote: »

Not possible for a listed company audited by accountants. Revenue should include fifa points transaction