Preparing for an icon sbc...

FifaTaco
917 posts Semi-Pro
How are you guys preparing for the big icon sbc’s? Obviously having icons ready to submit is standard but with regard to the squad side of things how do you guys prepare. Is it better to have the coins liquid and buy the players as the sbc is released or do you buy the players now and hope that you nail the chemistry and rating requirements? Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• ml1dch
    1317 posts Professional
    edited February 5
    Whenever there are lots of packs being opened, try and pick up a few at a time.

Use Futbin to price sensibly.

For chemistry, I find certain combinations are worth using for various ones. So Bonucci / Pjanic / Khedira / Chiellini works well and then the rest of the positions don't really matter as your core chemistry is sorted.

Muller / Thiago / Hummels / Robben
    Oblak / Godin / Saul / Koke / Costa / Luis

Whenever the above are at the lower end of the price range, I'll always pick up one or two. Worst case you'll make a small profit if someone else is paying through the nose (Bundesliga SBC for example).

Buy your IFs in bulk. Reckon that 84 Sulejmani must have gone into 10 different icon SBCs, from back when he was available for 16k.
  • WarrenBarton
    6397 posts Big Money Move
    I take untradeable rewards every week from rivals and keep anything high rated (unless worth more than sbc rating value) from other packs.

Buying the odd 87 when cheap is also a good option. When they are below 25k each buy some.
  • Thanks guys, have a bunch of high rated untradeables so I guess I’ll build around them when the price is right.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    3840 posts National Call-Up
    I have four icons to submit about a million coins. Just keep taking untradeable rewards when the club gets thin. I should be ok for one big boy. Two if they’re spaced apart. But I think gullit and R9 will be released almost the same time to try to force fifa points.
  • SuperSonicSean
    5219 posts Big Money Move
    You can buy cards you need, but you're better off rinsing your cheap cards and duplicates you no longer need for league SBCs and trying to turn them IFs and high rated untradables.
  • How many icons do you usually need to submit for the the big boys ?
  • ml1dch
    1317 posts Professional
    RWanderer wrote: »
    How many icons do you usually need to submit for the the big boys ?

I think it was three for Gullit last year.
  • Navraat
    2992 posts National Call-Up
    Take untradeables from rewards, keep liquid and recycle an unwanted Icon