Manual Tackles vs AI Tackles

Jim
1384 posts Professional
Why in the world does EA think it's a good idea that manual tackles are far less likely to retain possession than AI tackles? I WANT to do my own defending, but everytime I do I realize it puts me at a disadvantage against people who never control a defender. It really gets frustrating.

Comments

• I SiR MartY I
    13578 posts Has That Special Something
    Auto tackling STs with 20 odd stand tackle are better at winning the ball back than 99 stand tackling CBs manually trying to win it back.

No idea how it got that bad but it drives me mad that I have to tackle someone 3/4 times to even have a chance at getting the ball back. Sick of tackling someone and it knocking it forward for them to have a clear chance on goal.
  • Mmjnnnn
    136 posts Sunday League Hero
    Auto tackling STs with 20 odd stand tackle are better at winning the ball back than 99 stand tackling CBs manually trying to win it back.

No idea how it got that bad but it drives me mad that I have to tackle someone 3/4 times to even have a chance at getting the ball back. Sick of tackling someone and it knocking it forward for them to have a clear chance on goal.

you sound exactly like me i swear offensive players steal the ball better there are times when i shot they’re AI auto blocks every shot but when they shoot it flys past my defenders
  • Jonboyparker
    7384 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2019
    This is driving me crazy. I just can’t get my head around it? I’ve always tackled and it’s hard to get out of the habit but when my players run into the opposition, they come away with the ball far more than me trying to get in. I honestly can’t remeber the last time I made a tackle and the ball didn’t deflect off the attacker