Ibra heading...

BladesManSUFC
452 posts Sunday League Hero
Is it just me or has anybody else noticed Ibrahimovic now does a weird crab walk when crosses come in to avoid heading the ball?
I’ve put some perfect crosses in for him and he will just move away from the ball and not even jump for it.
Is this EA’s way of nerfing his OP heading?

Comments

• I SiR MartY I
    5503 posts Big Money Move
    Complete opposite for me, I find that he throws himself at every cross, even ones not meant for him or nowhere near him.

If I cross it back post and he's front post, he runs through everyone and throws himself at it and vice versa if he's back post and I put it near post.

I think I've scored 1 header that I actually pressed B with him, the rest have been auto shots from him just throwing himself at it.
  • Foxsake
    2087 posts Fans' Favourite
    My Ibra has defo been if the ball he ain’t the same as he was when I first had him
  • BladesManSUFC
    452 posts Sunday League Hero
    It might just be one of them stages I’m at where literally nothing in my team works then 😂
    Because if they take away FB Ibras aerial threat then he would be going into an sbc at some point
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Every Zlatan behaves differently. Every Zlatan is unique. That's the magic of the GOAT.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13082 posts Has That Special Something
    Zlatan's shooting has been great for me, but despite his height, 80 jumping and 99 heading, I keep losing all headers whenever I put a cross into the box.
  • Aguy9916
    793 posts Semi-Pro
    Mine seems to hang back and not bother running in the last but to claim the cross... getting annoying now I'm trying everything to get it working as it should. Just for him to be within a few feet of the ball would be a start... his other play is great but where he's supposed to exel he's useless for me.
  • Corners...goal. Goal kicks...wins every header. Crosses into the box...becomes Theo Walcott.
  • WelshXavi wrote: »
    Corners...goal. Goal kicks...wins every header. Crosses into the box...becomes Theo Walcott.

Although my whole team has recently become terrible so it could just be that. About 8 wins in a row and now 8 losses!
  • BernaLeo87
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    I regret getting him. Very useless for me & rarely scores header.
  • Wortel1981
    355 posts Sunday League Hero
    WelshXavi wrote: »
    Corners...goal. Goal kicks...wins every header. Crosses into the box...becomes Theo Walcott.

I have the same, in the box he cannot win any header from a cross.
  • DadBod
    6301 posts Big Money Move
    BernaLeo87 wrote: »
    I regret getting him. Very useless for me & rarely scores header.
    Git gud noob
  • EA_Andy
    3260 posts EA Community Manager
    Haven't noticed that myself. If he's in the box he tends to get his head on the ball more often than not.
  • W16
    581 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Is it just me or has anybody else noticed Ibrahimovic now does a weird crab walk when crosses come in to avoid heading the ball?
    I’ve put some perfect crosses in for him and he will just move away from the ball and not even jump for it.
    Is this EA’s way of nerfing his OP heading?

EA_Andy wrote: »
    Haven't noticed that myself. If he's in the box he tends to get his head on the ball more often than not.

Yes, I also notice that he dont been selected even if he is in perfect position so head the ball. Both on corners and crosses. Out the field hes heading is outstanding as before patch.

But I also only have this problem with Ibra when the hole team missing passes, stuck in mod and dont make runs.

Have you guys figure it out why we have this problem yet Andy?
  • I think it's mostly a positioning/work rate thing.. his medium attacking might mean he's just that bit behind the play and needs more thought on the cross? I'm about to try a changed line-up in my formation to see if it does anything. He was lone ST in 451 but I've dropped him to CAM with get forward and get in box for cross so I'll report back if there's any positive change.
  • Noviembre17
    456 posts Sunday League Hero
    If u have ibra you tend to cross more and crossing is inconsistent. Sometimes ibra cant head a decent cross while gnabry powerheads a cross over desailly.

I played more than 100 Games with ibra and he has maybe 150 goal+asists but now i use him as a sub because his presence in game make me cross the ball more or play with him more. To go back to my playstyle i subbed him and i got my best wl result this week. Some matches ibra had a hattrick as a super sub so he will be in my squad all the time but not as a first choice.
  • SomeNextGuy
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    He scores a near post header from a corner every other game.

Piatti and Best score more headers for me from regular crosses though. 🤔
  • Lupri
    496 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i feel the same, i use 4231 with ibra only st. when i cross i get more goals from perisic (lcam). ibra seems always to be behind the defender. on corner kicks is very good.
  • DarthGrowler
    14537 posts Has That Special Something
    He literally attacks everything
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Even when he’s facing the wrong way he heads them in :joy:

• Aguy9916
    793 posts Semi-Pro
    If u have ibra you tend to cross more and crossing is inconsistent. Sometimes ibra cant head a decent cross while gnabry powerheads a cross over desailly.

I played more than 100 Games with ibra and he has maybe 150 goal+asists but now i use him as a sub because his presence in game make me cross the ball more or play with him more. To go back to my playstyle i subbed him and i got my best wl result this week. Some matches ibra had a hattrick as a super sub so he will be in my squad all the time but not as a first choice.

He was best for me as super sub also when I got disillusioned with him and dropped him... he always scored when brought on in last 30 mins so he found his way back into the team... now he's looking poor again 😂.

He just doesn't seem to ever be moving for me, laziest player ever! He needs to be used as target man and then always forced on runs which doesn't suit me.

He's doing ok at moment but I'm changing soon as I've got the coin and he will go on the bench permenantly ready to rescue those last minute wins or draws.
  • starfox1284
    1732 posts Play-Off Hero
    He is guaranteed to score a header if subbed on in the final 20 mins of any game it seems...for me or against me.
  • Burchy
    722 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My Ibra was banging in goals for fun every game. Since the patch he just doesn’t seem as good for me.

Tin foil hat moment... feels like EA have messed around with his stats as he was to OP