Apex Legends Thread

Comments

• Retro_G
    25653 posts Player of the Year
    Azof wrote: »
    If they dont copy fortnites ability to buy 1 BP and then earn enough currency to buy next one I can see it harming them

I bet EA ruin it, have no faith with them as publisher.
  • Azof
    14831 posts World Class
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    If they dont copy fortnites ability to buy 1 BP and then earn enough currency to buy next one I can see it harming them

I bet EA ruin it, have no faith with them as publisher.

No doubt. With how stingy they are with the packs I would not be one bit surprised if the bp was essentially just packs instead of a curated string of unlocks like FN
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11270 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 11
    Chubbs wrote: »
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »
    I love me a fully kitted Spitfire. No recoil and rounds to waste for days. That and a Peacekeeper or Scout have been my go to.

Spitfire is the best gun by a decent margin imo. I use the peacekeeper as a secondary usually as well. The r 301 or whatever it’s called is a laser but the damage is rather poor if you aren’t hitting consistent headshots. I’m interested to try the prowler with that specific attachment for it that turns it automatic it’s probably real nice with that I’m not huge on the burst aspect of it

Prowler with the select fire attachment absolutely shreds. Probably my favorite gun but never use it or try to because I find it useless without the select fire and a purple extended mag.

Completely agree. If I find the attachment again I’ll hold it to try it out
  • Karlos
    23829 posts Club Captain
    edited February 11

I wish I was as good as what he is.
  • Choepiechakie
    29667 posts Player of the Year
    edited February 11
    Are these packs available in Belgium btw? Curious if they have to change their concept soon.
  • Karlos
    23829 posts Club Captain
    I need a duo queue

Last 2 games, there's only been 2 of us :confused:
  • Retro_G
    Best guns in the game lads, need to start using that Spitfire.....

• Karlos
    23829 posts Club Captain
    Just won a game without having a gun for majority of it :joy:
  • Jensonj67
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 11
    Well think I’ve just had the first heal off win ever.

Was 2 other teams left and I’d killed two of one team and the other guy was just camping on the roof with the other team hiding in one tiny room so just had to camp till last circle.

Downed one guy and his teammate got me but I had gold knockdown shield and started self reviving and the others died in the storm. Won while I was still self reviving lmao
  • Mini_Miudo
    9516 posts League Winner
    Tbh this game feels so fresh I can see myself playing it for a while even without updates, though obviously it'd be better if they keep releasing new things. The fact the only map in the game has a name (Kings Canyon) tells me they'll add more maps eventually, there would be no reason to have "Playing Squads on Kings Canyon" as a description for when you're in a game otherwise.

What I've learned so far:

- 3rd party or get 3rd partied. Most effective way to wipe out squads and there always seems to be someone lurking.
    - A lot of random teammates are stupidly annoying. They go alone, yet when they get downed, they start spamming the enemy spotted market. If they get finished, they just leave the game, giving you no chance to respawn them.
    - R301 Carbine, Prowler (w/ Select Fire), Spitfire are the best guns for close to medium range, along with the Peacekeeper/Mastiff/Devotion up close. Devotion's bad recoil makes it average in other situations.
    - Every squad should have a Lifeline player. No need to carry many heals due to her healing drone, plus she can get heals off in sticky situations due to faster use of heals.
    - Bloodhound's Ult seems a bit too strong. He becomes mad fast and can spot people too easily, making it easy to damage them in the first place (even if you're in the middle of Bangalore's smoke) and if you somehow manage to get away if he gets you weak, he can find you again!
    - Slum Lakes = no guns, you either get lucky and find one straight away or you're dead.

Currently got 8 wins (I think), would love if they added stat tracking like Fortnite has.
  • Jensonj67
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah I hate playing as any other legend because of the longer heal time. Feels like it takes ages
  • Mini_Miudo
    9516 posts League Winner
    Jensonj67 wrote: »
    Yeah I hate playing as any other legend because of the longer heal time. Feels like it takes ages

Lifeline with Gold backpack's insane, can use a Phoenix kit in 5 seconds!
  • Choepiechakie

One trick pony
  • Retro_G
    I'm just at to having my best kill game with randoms. 12 kills, teammates had 2 each. :joy: Spitfire, Eva-8Auto combo, had to carry hard and had a 1 vs 3 in the final circle.🤣 I love this game and will post a screenshot in a min...

article-2140920-12-F744-A8000005-DC-375-634x405.jpg
  • Adamski
    9875 posts League Winner
    just bottled a 12 kill w, i'm 1v3, get 2 down and then Bangalore just destroys me, might have to start using her more
  • Retro_G
    Adamski wrote: »
    just bottled a 12 kill w, i'm 1v3, get 2 down and then Bangalore just destroys me, might have to start using her more

That's who I used for my PB game, the gauntlet has been set lads! Can any of you beat my 12 kill game? Pics or it didn't happen!....

20190212-082848.jpg
  • Adamski
    9875 posts League Winner
    damage is a bit poor for 12 kills :#
  • Retro_G
    Adamski wrote: »
    damage is a bit poor for 12 kills :#

I got a bunch at the start before people got geared up, got over 3k damage before, my kill record still remains! I'll post my next high damage game and throw down another gauntlet!
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    I didn't know you could self revive with the character life line
  • Jensonj67
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 12
    Blarix wrote: »
    I didn't know you could self revive with the character life line

It’s only if you have gold knockdown shield, can do it with any character
  • Karlos
    23829 posts Club Captain
    Lifeline works great outside the circle too.
  • Jensonj67
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero

One trick pony

Better to perfect one than be average at a few
  • KRANG00
    1446 posts Professional
    edited February 12
    2eltlqg.jpg

4th Place after losing my team-mates in the 1st 2 mins.

Got the mastiff for the 1st time from a care package, the thing was a joke
  • Mini_Miudo
    9516 posts League Winner
    I'm just at to having my best kill game with randoms. 12 kills, teammates had 2 each. :joy: Spitfire, Eva-8Auto combo, had to carry hard and had a 1 vs 3 in the final circle.🤣 I love this game and will post a screenshot in a min...

My best was 9 kills without getting anywhere near winning. lol Got 7 kills out of landing at Runoff and died shortly after. Don't really go for high kill games, if I see someone I'll fight them, but won't throw myself in the middle of 4 teams just to get kills. :lol:
  • Choepiechakie
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    2eltlqg.jpg

The crosshairs are woeful
  • Retro_G
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    2eltlqg.jpg

Yeah that's OP, best gun for final circle.
  • Retro_G
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

My best was 9 kills without getting anywhere near winning. lol Got 7 kills out of landing at Runoff and died shortly after. Don't really go for high kill games, if I see someone I'll fight them, but won't throw myself in the middle of 4 teams just to get kills. :lol:

I usually go for a fairly quiet drop with high tier loot, then go to choke points and look for kills.
  • Choepiechakie

I usually go for a fairly quiet drop with high tier loot, then go to choke points and look for kills.

Looting half an hour before your first engagement, y i k e s
  • Chubbs
    14159 posts Has That Special Something

Looting half an hour before your first engagement, y i k e s

I mean games are usually 20 minutes if you win so thats a bit of a stretch.