Comments

• Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Love hearing little kids kick off on mic saying how bad you are :joy:

Its so ez to rattle them, its hilarious
  • Mini_Miudo
    10005 posts Has That Special Something
    Season 1 Kings Canyon back for this weekend only. Actually excited now!
  • Retro_G
    33020 posts National Team Captain
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

Nice, but dislike the timed events. I was really enjoying Duo the other day. Has to be something more sinister behind the timed events. InfinityWard do the same on MW, they're constantly switching up modes, big difference being that MW has multiple modes, while we're starved of modes in Apex.
  • Mini_Miudo
    Retro_G wrote: »

Nice, but dislike the timed events. I was really enjoying Duo the other day. Has to be something more sinister behind the timed events. InfinityWard do the same on MW, they're constantly switching up modes, big difference being that MW has multiple modes, while we're starved of modes in Apex.

Oh yeah, I wish they were permanent things too, especially these short ones... 1 week for duos and now 3 days for KC is ridiculously short and they know it, it’s like they’re teasing us, but I’m also glad we at least get to play it rather than not at all.
  • Retro_G

Oh yeah, I wish they were permanent things too, especially these short ones... 1 week for duos and now 3 days for KC is ridiculously short and they know it, it’s like they’re teasing us, but I’m also glad we at least get to play it rather than not at all.

What's the highest damage sniper in season 4?
  • Mini_Miudo

Kraber of course, if you’re talking non care package then Charged Sentinel.
  • Retro_G

Ah yeah I always pick up the Kraber. What's best after the Sentinel? I don't like that sniper due to how many batteries you waste. I hadn't played Apex in months, not sure what changed balance wise.
  • Antparry92
    19660 posts Club Captain

Triple take or Charge rifle all day for me in terms of favourite guns. I much prefer to pick teams off. I’m terrible in close combat tbh
  • Retro_G

Triple take or Charge rifle all day for me in terms of favourite guns. I much prefer to pick teams off. I’m terrible in close combat tbh

I like the triple take, have been using it the most this season. Finally hit platinum last night in ranked.
  • Antparry92
    19660 posts Club Captain

I like the triple take, have been using it the most this season. Finally hit platinum last night in ranked.

I’m nowhere near that, I’m like silver at best :joy:
    I enjoy the triple take, quite accurate with it and I enjoy breaking down their shield for not teammates to rush them then
  • Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain
    Twitch rivals Apex tonite, innit?
  • Retro_G

I enjoy the triple take, quite accurate with it and I enjoy breaking down their shield for not teammates to rush them then

You don't even need to be that good to reach platinum mate. Ranked is all about playing tactically. Stay away from hot drops, don't engage enemies until you're kitted up with good guns and armour.
  • Antparry92
    19660 posts Club Captain

You don't even need to be that good to reach platinum mate. Ranked is all about playing tactically. Stay away from hot drops, don't engage enemies until you're kitted up with good guns and armour.

I would but I never have my mic on to tell my braindead squad what to do :joy:
  • cmm_1991
    2175 posts Fans' Favourite
    How good is kings canyon
  • Retro_G
    edited February 2020

I would but I never have my mic on to tell my braindead squad what to do :joy:

Ah yeah I'm always on the mic barking orders at randoms, you need to in ranked. :smiley: In fairness, most of them do listen. You'd be amazed of the amount of people who don't understand the importance of high ground.
  • Retro_G
    cmm_1991 wrote: »
    How good is kings canyon
    How good is kings canyon

Brilliant map, but wish it was in ranked.
  • Antparry92
    19660 posts Club Captain
    Easiest way to check who you’ve won with? Gonna try and do the win with 8 different legends achievement
  • Retro_G
    Easiest way to check who you’ve won with? Gonna try and do the win with 8 different legends achievement

The badges I think.
  • EA_Rtas
    2581 posts EA Community Manager
    Continuing my ranked grind right now, making my way through Platinum on Xbox which is getting quite hard with a full 3 stack team. The skill gap is crazy some of the guys who have killed me pulling off some crazy plays to win super fun to watch even if I die.
  • Retro_G
    edited February 2020
    Kings Canyon gone unfortunately. That map is still well better than the rest, love skull town, the map flow is brilliant. Lots of cover with the rocks too, it's so well designed.
  • Retro_G
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Continuing my ranked grind right now, making my way through Platinum on Xbox which is getting quite hard with a full 3 stack team. The skill gap is crazy some of the guys who have killed me pulling off some crazy plays to win super fun to watch even if I die.

Yeah platinum is very difficult, the movement of some players does have me wondering if they're using mouse & keyboard.
  • Retro_G
    The UK server plays awful for me, bullets don't register properly, feels like shooting rubber bullets, always get shot around corners and have a 20ms ping. I do much better on the New York server with a 98ms ping, favour the shooter netcode is woeful. Wish they'd get help from a few of the dice devs who worked on the netcode for Battlefield.
  • cmm_1991
    2175 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kings Canyon gone unfortunately. That map is still well better than the rest, love skull town, the map flow is brilliant. Lots of cover with the rocks too, it's so well designed.

Think i saw somewhere it's coming back march time for longer, can't wait
  • Retro_G
    New mode out lads, it's a lot of fun. You start off with a shield called an evo shield, every time you do a certain amount of damage it upgrades to the next level. It will upgrade to blue, purple, red. All the loot is in fixed positions too, makes the game less random. They should implement the fixed loot in ranked, makes the game a lot more skill based.
  • Retro_G

Think i saw somewhere it's coming back march time for longer, can't wait

Yeah it coming into ranked for the second half of the season mate.
  • Mini_Miudo
    edited March 2020
    New mode out lads, it's a lot of fun. You start off with a shield called an evo shield, every time you do a certain amount of damage it upgrades to the next level. It will upgrade to blue, purple, red. All the loot is in fixed positions too, makes the game less random. They should implement the fixed loot in ranked, makes the game a lot more skill based.

Fixed loot is a no-no in a battle royale, kinda defeats one of its main purposes which is scavenging for loot. Evo shields are interesting but would only really work in a mode where there’s no normal shields, there’s no point picking up an evo if you find a purple early on, for example.

Haven’t even played the event anyway, it’s now been a week since I last played Apex, first time I’ve gone this long without playing it since it came out. Bought The Division 2 because it was on sale and my word, I’m having so much fun! Did not expect to enjoy it this much. lol
  • Retro_G
    edited March 2020

Fixed loot is a no-no in a battle royale, kinda defeats one of its main purposes which is scavenging for loot. Evo shields are interesting but would only really work in a mode where there’s no normal shields, there’s no point picking up an evo if you find a purple early on, for example.

Haven’t even played the event anyway, it’s now been a week since I last played Apex, first time I’ve gone this long without playing it since it came out. Bought The Division 2 because it was on sale and my word, I’m having so much fun! Did not expect to enjoy it this much. lol

Fixed loot is a no-no in your average Battleroyal, but it makes sense in ranked. You want your ranked mode to be more about skill than RNG.

I bought the Division 2 on release, enjoyed it for about a month before getting bored. Good game, but didn't have the longevity for me because the PvP was lackluster.

I've mostly been playing Shadow of the Colossus this week, it's our free monthly game. I loved that game when it originally came out, really enjoying the updated graphics in the remastered version.
  • Mini_Miudo
    edited March 2020
    Ranked mode is still about skill, personally I feel adding fixed loot would make the game even more repetitive than it already is and ruin it, but to each their own.

I’m not into many games typically so The Division 2 was a pleasant surprise, will most likely end up buying the new DLC once I “run out” of stuff to do. Going for Platinum trophy with a friend as well so that makes it even more fun for me. 😁

Can’t stand single player games so Shadow of the Colossus can get in the bin. 😂
  • Azof
    19345 posts World Class
    Gave this another go yesterday after months, was better than I remember, wingman seems hella strong still
  • Retro_G
    Azof wrote: »
    Gave this another go yesterday after months, was better than I remember, wingman seems hella strong still

New season started this week. The new character is a lot fun.