The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Apex Legends Thread

Comments

• Mini_Miudo
    9980 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't like it. Far too open, just incites sniping battles all over the place. Can't wait til they bring Kings Canyon. :'(
  • Retro_G
    31493 posts National Team Captain
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    I don't like it. Far too open, just incites sniping battles all over the place. Can't wait til they bring Kings Canyon. :'(

I love the new map, wish they kept Kings Canyon though, they will probably bring it back after a few weeks.
  • Mini_Miudo
    Retro_G wrote: »

I love the new map, wish they kept Kings Canyon though, they will probably bring it back after a few weeks.

It’s grown on me tbf. I still don’t like it as much as Kings Canyon, but now I’ve learned this one I don’t mind it. Got a 13 kill win on it the other day, which I was very happy with since it seems harder to get a lot of kills on this map, at least for me.
  • Antparry92
    18646 posts World Class
    Nothing more infuriating that having inept team mates that go off and do their own thing
  • EA_Rtas
    2101 posts EA Moderator
    Anyone here playing since the new season started yesterday?
  • Azof
    17470 posts World Class
    They add duos yet?
  • schmo
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    I might try it again for the new season. But Escape From Tarkov is taking up all of my gaming time right now.
  • EA_Rtas
    2101 posts EA Moderator
    Azof wrote: »
    They add duos yet?

Only in LTM's so far.
  • Azof
    17470 posts World Class
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    They add duos yet?

Only in LTM's so far.

Its a no from me dawg
  • EA_Rtas
    2101 posts EA Moderator
    They add duos yet?

Only in LTM's so far.

Its a no from me dawg

We would've made such a beautiful team :'(
  • KRANG00
    1838 posts Play-Off Hero
    Downloaded it again last night, just building up the courage to go in and play with random teammates! Can't wait to be a in a gunfight with a whole squad while my teammates are looting/running around aimlessly :#
  • EA_Roger
    679 posts EA Community Manager
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    Downloaded it again last night, just building up the courage to go in and play with random teammates! Can't wait to be a in a gunfight with a whole squad while my teammates are looting/running around aimlessly :#

Or just pick Octane and run in front of your team mates so you can be an actual loot goblin.
  • EA_Rtas
    2101 posts EA Moderator
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    KRANG00 wrote: »

Or just pick Octane and run in front of your team mates so you can be an actual loot goblin.

ehlonhhikuw8.png
  • Mini_Miudo
    I still play it every night. It’s probably my favorite game of all time, so so good!
  • EA_Rtas
    2101 posts EA Moderator
    I still play it every night. It’s probably my favorite game of all time, so so good!

I'm really enjoying the new season, Revenant is just amazing brings some new tactics into play.
  • Retro_G

I'm really enjoying the new season, Revenant is just amazing brings some new tactics into play.

I think Revenant is awful. Love the look of the character, his edgy voice lines, but his ultimate is woeful, he takes 5% increased damage. Why go into a gunfight with 100 health? You aren't winning that gunfight against any decent player with shields. By the time you've healed to full health, your opponent has already fully healed and his team is more than likely looking for your totem that has terrible range.

Silence is good, although very situational. The area of effect isn't big enough, you'll never silence a whole team, it's difficult to land. Revenant needs a buff, tried him for a good few hours before going back to Pathfinder.
  • Retro_G
    edited February 12

What do you think of the map changes Mini? I still prefer Kings Canyon, can't wrap my head around why they keep removing good maps and modes. We should've a choice of maps, solo, duo's by now and both in ranked.
  • EA_Rtas
    2101 posts EA Moderator

I think Revenant is awful. Love the look of the character, his edgy voice lines, but his ultimate is woeful, he takes 5% increased damage. Why go into a gunfight with 100 health? You aren't winning that gunfight against any decent player with shields. By the time you've healed to full health, your opponent has already fully healed and his team is more than likely looking for your totem that has terrible range.

Silence is good, although very situational. The area of effect isn't big enough, you'll never silence a whole team, it's difficult to land. Revenant needs a buff, tried him for a good few hours before going back to Pathfinder.

tactically it works fantastically well if you coordinate it, it's definitely not something I'd use with my whole team but it can really make the difference in a close fight if you send one person in first to soften people up, especially if your movement is on point. I've won 9 out of 12 games as Revenant and I've used the ultimate on the final squad every time.
  • Retro_G

tactically it works fantastically well if you coordinate it, it's definitely not something I'd use with my whole team but it can really make the difference in a close fight if you send one person in first to soften people up, especially if your movement is on point. I've won 9 out of 12 games as Revenant and I've used the ultimate on the final squad every time.

Well played mate. I just can't make Revenant work. I'm curious to see how much Revenant is used in Platinum and above in ranked. I'm currently working my way through gold rank.
  • Choepiechakie
    32743 posts National Team Captain
    I enjoy watching Apex, skill gap is insane to watch.
  • Retro_G

One of the most difficult shooters on the market. Main reason it's popular, easy to pick up, play and difficult to master.
  • Choepiechakie

One of the most difficult shooters on the market. Main reason it's popular, easy to pick up, play and difficult to master.

Facts, movement is crazy, wall bouncing etc etc.
  • Antparry92
    18646 posts World Class

This. Great to just pick up and play casually as well
  • Choepiechakie
    Is console MnK supported?
  • Retro_G
    edited February 16
    Is console MnK supported?

No, but still plenty of cheats using M&K on console. I surprised the game still doesn't have crossplay with M&K support. I find it strange that devs say they want to keep modes like Solo/Duo to timed events because they don't want to split the player base. Surely the player base is big enough for that to not be an issue in a free to play game. Paid games like PUBG with low player base numbers on console have multiple modes.

Why don't they have separate ranked modes with solo/duo/squads and have crossplay so the player base numbers are never an issue?
  • Choepiechakie
    So I'm downloading Apex for nothing..

F
  • Choepiechakie
    Honestly if I look at Fortnite, crossplay isnt the way. People will complain alot when they are being forced to play against PC
  • Retro_G
    edited February 16
    Honestly if I look at Fortnite, crossplay isnt the way. People will complain alot when they are being forced to play against PC

They had forced crossplay in Modern Warfare at release, it was woeful. That's changed now, the system is great. You've a choice of playing Ground War without crossplay, your time to find a lobby will increase. Enable crossplay, matchmaking is a lot faster. Crossplay should never be forced, it's a great feature when done properly.
  • Mini_Miudo

What do you think of the map changes Mini? I still prefer Kings Canyon, can't wrap my head around why they keep removing good maps and modes. We should've a choice of maps, solo, duo's by now and both in ranked.

Not too fussed about the map changes, it’s mostly the same map, although I do hate Harvester.

I think I prefer Kings Canyon but tbh when I played the LTM I didn’t really enjoy it and went back on World’s Edge after a couple hours. Maybe it’s because it was night time and I couldn’t see a thing, maybe it’s because of the rampant SBMM so it felt way worse than in previous seasons, who knows.

The only things I want are KC in casual and permanent Duos. No need for anything else for me, but it seems they’re reluctant to add Duos/Solos even though the playerbase is far from being small.

In other news, I hit 1000 wins two days ago so that’s nice. 😁
  • Antparry92
    18646 posts World Class
    Love hearing little kids kick off on mic saying how bad you are :joy: