Apex Legends Thread

Comments

• Argie8
    5823 posts Big Money Move
    Azof wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    What do you think of the Ranked Mode? I've never played Apex before but im tempted to jump on if the ranked mode is good. Tired of pubs in Fortnite

going to be awful unless you have two to play with

oh god yeah i didnt even think about that. Playing with randoms is a no no, at least it is on fortnite
  • Mini_Miudo
    9970 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 12
    Ranked is alright, personally I prefer pubs. Went up to Gold 3 last week but haven’t played since, just becomes a campfest and see who can 3rd party better late on. :joy:
  • Azof
    16622 posts World Class
    What do you think of the Ranked Mode? I've never played Apex before but im tempted to jump on if the ranked mode is good. Tired of pubs in Fortnite

going to be awful unless you have two to play with

oh god yeah i didnt even think about that. Playing with randoms is a no no, at least it is on fortnite

even just duos would make it better
  • Retro_G
    29193 posts Player of the Year

It's not great to be honest. You need a full team, there isn't a solo queue. I've played with the lads, but they aren't good enough for platinum, so I've to solo queue, it's a nightmare. Having a full team matched against randoms makes a mockery of a skill based mode. It will never be a fair contest.

You've to play tactically in the higher ranks, the majority of randoms have no sense of tactical awareness. Randoms rush for kills constantly, against other players who know how to aim and have good positioning. I'd stick to the normal mode, ranked needs a lot of work. Respawn said they will listen to feedback, will change ranked if the community isn't happy with mode.
  • Argie8
    5823 posts Big Money Move
    Retro_G wrote: »

It's not great to be honest. You need a full team, there isn't a solo queue. I've played with the lads, but they aren't good enough for platinum, so I've to solo queue, it's a nightmare. Having a full team matched against randoms makes a mockery of a skill based mode. It will never be a fair contest.

You've to play tactically in the higher ranks, the majority of randoms have no sense of tactical awareness. Randoms rush for kills constantly, against other players who know how to aim and have good positioning. I'd stick to the normal mode, ranked needs a lot of work. Respawn said they will listen to feedback, will change ranked if the community isn't happy with mode.

Ah right. Sounds like playing with randoms is a real issue then. Not sure what the other options are though
  • Retro_G

Ah right. Sounds like playing with randoms is a real issue then. Not sure what the other options are though

I suppose it's alright in bronze, silver rank mate. You could even get away with it in gold. It's just platinum, above that you need a coordinated team.
  • KRANG00
    1739 posts Play-Off Hero

I suppose it's alright in bronze, silver rank mate. You could even get away with it in gold. It's just platinum, above that you need a coordinated team.

It's full of morons from top to bottom when you play with randoms.

Had someone jump out solo and die instantly, when i gave him **** he said he was doing challenges! it's a douche move anyway but at least do it in unranked!
  • Retro_G
    KRANG00 wrote: »

It's full of morons from top to bottom when you play with randoms.

Had someone jump out solo and die instantly, when i gave him **** he said he was doing challenges! it's a douche move anyway but at least do it in unranked!

Challenges shouldn't register in ranked, that would stop the idiots from doing challenges in ranked.
  • Azof
    16622 posts World Class
    anyone playing this rubbish still?
  • Retro_G

Not playing it as much, the netcode does my head in, ranked is poorly thought out and needs adjusting. I downloaded a game called Realm Royale last night, it's not bad.
  • KRANG00
    1739 posts Play-Off Hero

I've not been playing, couldn't put in the time to keep a regular squad happy and randoms is worse than ever and nearly as frustrating as Fifa!
  • Azof
    16622 posts World Class

Not playing it as much, the netcode does my head in, ranked is poorly thought out and needs adjusting. I downloaded a game called Realm Royale last night, it's not bad.

Legit thought realm royale had been shut down

Id give apex a go if they added duo, just having that third guy being dead weight always going to suck
  • Mini_Miudo
    I still play every night with my squad and I have a blast. Haven't played hours upon hours of a game this much since early Fortnite. I think this game is perfection when it comes to gameplay, it's the servers and content that somewhat let it down.

The biggest issue for most people is this:
    couldn't put in the time to keep a regular squad happy and randoms is worse than ever

If you're playing with randoms, the game will be frustrating.
  • Retro_G
    Solo mode coming to Apex August 13th. :smiley:
  • Azof
    16622 posts World Class
    Ded game
  • Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nah just a ded thread. Solos definitely brought something new to the game. Gets pretty tense in a top 3 situation. Pity the new skins are so expensive and can't be bought separately. All down to pack luck.typical ea.
  • RadioShaq
    15099 posts Moderator
    This game ever go cross platform? If not are they planning on it?
  • Richie
    2610 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hope they nerf Gibby soon.
    Bit of a joke he has 75 gun shield and takes 15% less damage
  • Azof
    16622 posts World Class
    Richie wrote: »
    Hope they nerf Gibby soon.
    Bit of a joke he has 75 gun shield and takes 15% less damage

He is the size of a house though
  • Antparry92
    17691 posts World Class
    Just started playing again to mix things up but I’m terrible :joy:
  • KRANG00
    1739 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 13
    Antparry92 wrote: »

If you have any sort of sense and map control you are already better than 90% of the randoms on this game
  • Antparry92
    17691 posts World Class

If you have any sort of sense and map control you are already better than 90% of the randoms on this game
    Well playing on my own I just go for challenges/kills tbh. Played 2 games last night where I joined other who were in a party together and won 1 came 2nd in the other. Seem to lose most gun battles even if I do damage first which frustrates the hell out of me

• Antparry92
    17691 posts World Class
    Apex is THE worst game for sponging bullet damage!
  • Choepiechakie
    31571 posts National Team Captain
    Apex pre season invitational is on. Curious how apex comp is tbf
  • BO0OM
    3688 posts National Call-Up
    i like how they bring out Solo Mode as a LTM when they could‘ve just leave it in the game. Big brain plays
  • Mini_Miudo

That’s good, you don’t wanna loot for 20 minutes then just die in 2-3 hits. It makes dipping in and out of fights and timing your heals an actual skill.
    BO0OM wrote: »
    i like how they bring out Solo Mode as a LTM when they could‘ve just leave it in the game. Big brain plays

The big brain play is so they can bring it back as a permanent mode and announce it as a new feature eventually. lol
  • Antparry92
    17691 posts World Class
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

That’s good, you don’t wanna loot for 20 minutes then just die in 2-3 hits. It makes dipping in and out of fights and timing your heals an actual skill.

The big brain play is so they can bring it back as a permanent mode and announce it as a new feature eventually. lol

It’s not great when you hit first and get a few more markers afterwards and even with 2-3 shield cells I still end up dying/being knocked down. I know I’m not great but it’s just infuriating
  • Mini_Miudo
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

It’s not great when you hit first and get a few more markers afterwards and even with 2-3 shield cells I still end up dying/being knocked down. I know I’m not great but it’s just infuriating

Just means they were better most likely. If I shred someone’s shields before they hit me and then I end up losing the fight when they had no time to heal, I always get mad at myself.
  • Retro_G
    New map on Apex lads, it looks fantastic. Netcode is still trash though, still getting code net errors.