Apex Legends Thread

Comments

• Argie8
    5605 posts Big Money Move
    Azof wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    What do you think of the Ranked Mode? I've never played Apex before but im tempted to jump on if the ranked mode is good. Tired of pubs in Fortnite

going to be awful unless you have two to play with

oh god yeah i didnt even think about that. Playing with randoms is a no no, at least it is on fortnite
  • Mini_Miudo
    9961 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 12
    Ranked is alright, personally I prefer pubs. Went up to Gold 3 last week but haven’t played since, just becomes a campfest and see who can 3rd party better late on. :joy:
  • Azof
    16064 posts World Class
    What do you think of the Ranked Mode? I've never played Apex before but im tempted to jump on if the ranked mode is good. Tired of pubs in Fortnite

going to be awful unless you have two to play with

oh god yeah i didnt even think about that. Playing with randoms is a no no, at least it is on fortnite

even just duos would make it better
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year

It's not great to be honest. You need a full team, there isn't a solo queue. I've played with the lads, but they aren't good enough for platinum, so I've to solo queue, it's a nightmare. Having a full team matched against randoms makes a mockery of a skill based mode. It will never be a fair contest.

You've to play tactically in the higher ranks, the majority of randoms have no sense of tactical awareness. Randoms rush for kills constantly, against other players who know how to aim and have good positioning. I'd stick to the normal mode, ranked needs a lot of work. Respawn said they will listen to feedback, will change ranked if the community isn't happy with mode.
  • Argie8
    5605 posts Big Money Move
    Retro_G wrote: »

It's not great to be honest. You need a full team, there isn't a solo queue. I've played with the lads, but they aren't good enough for platinum, so I've to solo queue, it's a nightmare. Having a full team matched against randoms makes a mockery of a skill based mode. It will never be a fair contest.

You've to play tactically in the higher ranks, the majority of randoms have no sense of tactical awareness. Randoms rush for kills constantly, against other players who know how to aim and have good positioning. I'd stick to the normal mode, ranked needs a lot of work. Respawn said they will listen to feedback, will change ranked if the community isn't happy with mode.

Ah right. Sounds like playing with randoms is a real issue then. Not sure what the other options are though
  • Retro_G

Ah right. Sounds like playing with randoms is a real issue then. Not sure what the other options are though

I suppose it's alright in bronze, silver rank mate. You could even get away with it in gold. It's just platinum, above that you need a coordinated team.
  • KRANG00
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero

I suppose it's alright in bronze, silver rank mate. You could even get away with it in gold. It's just platinum, above that you need a coordinated team.

It's full of morons from top to bottom when you play with randoms.

Had someone jump out solo and die instantly, when i gave him **** he said he was doing challenges! it's a douche move anyway but at least do it in unranked!
  • Retro_G
    KRANG00 wrote: »

It's full of morons from top to bottom when you play with randoms.

Had someone jump out solo and die instantly, when i gave him **** he said he was doing challenges! it's a douche move anyway but at least do it in unranked!

Challenges shouldn't register in ranked, that would stop the idiots from doing challenges in ranked.
  • Azof
    16064 posts World Class
    anyone playing this rubbish still?
  • Retro_G

Not playing it as much, the netcode does my head in, ranked is poorly thought out and needs adjusting. I downloaded a game called Realm Royale last night, it's not bad.
  • KRANG00
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero

I've not been playing, couldn't put in the time to keep a regular squad happy and randoms is worse than ever and nearly as frustrating as Fifa!
  • Azof
    16064 posts World Class

Not playing it as much, the netcode does my head in, ranked is poorly thought out and needs adjusting. I downloaded a game called Realm Royale last night, it's not bad.

Legit thought realm royale had been shut down

Id give apex a go if they added duo, just having that third guy being dead weight always going to suck
  • Mini_Miudo
    9961 posts Has That Special Something
    I still play every night with my squad and I have a blast. Haven't played hours upon hours of a game this much since early Fortnite. I think this game is perfection when it comes to gameplay, it's the servers and content that somewhat let it down.

The biggest issue for most people is this:
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    couldn't put in the time to keep a regular squad happy and randoms is worse than ever

If you're playing with randoms, the game will be frustrating.
  • Retro_G
    Solo mode coming to Apex August 13th. :smiley:
  • Azof
    16064 posts World Class
    Ded game
  • Nogin182
    2293 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nah just a ded thread. Solos definitely brought something new to the game. Gets pretty tense in a top 3 situation. Pity the new skins are so expensive and can't be bought separately. All down to pack luck.typical ea.