Apex Legends Thread

Comments

• Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    I'm in gold rank, still getting matched with silver players? That's a bit ridiculous.
  • Azof
    16033 posts World Class
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I'm in gold rank, still getting matched with silver players? That's a bit ridiculous.

First time playing with an MMR system like this?
  • Retro_G
    Azof wrote: »

Yeah, used to placement games, playing people around your rank. In gold rank the majority are camping, this system needs adjusting.
  • Azof
    16033 posts World Class

Yeah, used to placement games, playing people around your rank. In gold rank the majority are camping, this system needs adjusting.

All these ranked systems have a range they will matchmake you in.

It makes sense the difference between silver 1 and gold 3 for example is minuscule.

Wont be as extreme as in LoL but pros starting new accounts can have diamond MMR but still visually be in silver, they still play people of their level though.
  • Retro_G
    edited July 4

It makes sense the difference between silver 1 and gold 3 for example is minuscule.

Wont be as extreme as in LoL but pros starting new accounts can have diamond MMR but still visually be in silver, they still play people of their level though.

It's done with 5 tiers in each rank, so you've silver 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Gold 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 etc. I do be getting silver 5 ranks in my games, that's too big a difference. A gold 5 rank should be matched with either Silver 1/Gold 4/Gold 5 players.
  • Azof
    16033 posts World Class

It's done with 5 tiers in each rank, so you've silver 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Gold 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 etc. I do be getting silver 5 ranks in my games, that's too big a difference. A gold 5 rank should be matched with either Silver 1/Gold 4/Gold 5 players.

If that continues in a few weeks its an issue but since its just started I wouldnt take much notice of it
  • Choepiechakie
    31038 posts National Team Captain

They literally mentioned that, if there arent enough players in gold and queue times are too excessive.

Welcome in BR ranked where u cant have close sbmm cuz its very hard to get 80 players ish at the same time
  • Retro_G
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    The Havoc and Alternator/R99 (because some times I just can’t find the stupid disruptor rounds...) is definitely my favorite combo atm.

Havoc’s always been insanely strong up close, it becomes balanced because of its high recoil, though I can kinda control it at mid range now, and the need for a Turbocharger which isn’t common.

The Alternator, on the other hand, seems a bit too OP. 33 body shot to people with armor is ridiculous and it has low recoil, lasers people!

They've nerfed the Alternator already on PC, it was broken. :smiley: I don't think it's nerfed on console yet though, unless they changed it server side. Not sure how balance changes work on console.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9960 posts Has That Special Something
    The Havoc and Alternator/R99 (because some times I just can’t find the stupid disruptor rounds...) is definitely my favorite combo atm.

Havoc’s always been insanely strong up close, it becomes balanced because of its high recoil, though I can kinda control it at mid range now, and the need for a Turbocharger which isn’t common.

The Alternator, on the other hand, seems a bit too OP. 33 body shot to people with armor is ridiculous and it has low recoil, lasers people!

They've nerfed the Alternator already on PC, it was broken. :smiley: I don't think it's nerfed on console yet though, unless they changed it server side. Not sure how balance changes work on console.

Did they? That's nice. Literally no point in carrying any other gun as your primary when the Alternator just trumps them all. They must've made a mistake in the first place, the hop-up gives the RE-45 a 40% or something increase in damage but gives the Alternator like 120% increase, makes no sense.
  • Retro_G

Did they? That's nice. Literally no point in carrying any other gun as your primary when the Alternator just trumps them all. They must've made a mistake in the first place, the hop-up gives the RE-45 a 40% or something increase in damage but gives the Alternator like 120% increase, makes no sense.

Alternator, P2020 with hop ups are meta. You melt there shields with the Alternator, then finish with the P2020. It will probably get nerfed again, Respawn said they will evaluate weapon balance after next week.
  • BO0OM
    3660 posts National Call-Up
    need someone on pc lol randoms are so bad like wtf
  • Azof
    16033 posts World Class
    BO0OM wrote: »

Maybe on later, games pretty trash though
  • Azof
    16033 posts World Class

Maybe on later, games pretty trash though

Oh I thought this was the fortnite thread, deffo not playing apex lol
  • Retro_G
    edited July 7

I'm getting better random teammates as I rank up, currently Gold 1. I was matched with two platinum players yesterday, noticed they played a lot more tactically, picking certain fights, wouldn't engage if they didn't have the high ground. It was a real eye opener, rushing recklessly will get you killed in ranked. You need to play ranked differently to normal Apex.
    Post edited by Retro_G on
  • BO0OM
    3660 posts National Call-Up
    Apex back on paying Streamers to play 😂
  • Mini_Miudo
    Apex back on paying Streamers to play 😂

Yeah, EA using their money wisely as usual... instead of fixing the servers. lol
  • Retro_G
    I take that back about random teammates, getting absolute scrubs today. I was jump master in the last game, the other two idiots solo drop in completely different spots and go down immediately. :D
  • Retro_G
  • Retro_G
    Finally out of gold, that was the worst rank. I got so many random idiots who would leave the game straight away, or solo drop on the other side of the map.

20190709-113605.jpg
  • RealM
    5149 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 9
    Played around 20 games or so, managed to get my first win. Also managed to get my KD from like 0.6 to 1 :)
    Been quite fun to be honest.

Just like that another win. Oooo, 2 in a row. 8 squad kills and I got 7 of them B)
    Post edited by RealM on
  • Nogin182
    2290 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anyone have a fix for this code leaf issue? Get the error going into every third game or so. Some times back to back errors. Super annoying.
  • Mini_Miudo
    Nogin182 wrote: »
    Anyone have a fix for this code leaf issue? Get the error going into every third game or so. Some times back to back errors. Super annoying.

Server issues, nothing you can do about it. They’ve acknowledged it on reddit but this error’s been going on for a while now. The servers are the only bad thing about this game for me, which isn’t surprising since it’s EA servers we are talking about after all...
  • Retro_G

I get that error constantly. Shame the servers and netcode are so poor. I stopped putting money into the game, after Battlenonsense's video about the atrocious netcode. The gameplay mechanics are genius, but they clearly need more experienced developers to help with fixing the netcode. EA should send over a few of the Dice developers to help with their netcode.
  • EA_Rtas
    992 posts EA Moderator
    There's some methods on Answers HQ to help alleviate some of the Leaf errors, the dev's are working on it at the moment as they said on Reddit. I've been pretty lucky and only ran into it a couple of times.
  • Nogin182

I get that error constantly. Shame the servers and netcode are so poor. I stopped putting money into the game, after Battlenonsense's video about the atrocious netcode. The gameplay mechanics are genius, but they clearly need more experienced developers to help with fixing the netcode. EA should send over a few of the Dice developers to help with their netcode.

Ya I saw that video, didnt let it effect me. Its still a great game. They just need to leaf issue.
  • Retro_G

Ya I saw that video, didnt let it effect me. Its still a great game. They just need to leaf issue.

It doesn't effect you mate, but guarantee it's the main reason people stopped playing the game. Getting shot around corners, bullets not registering will drive you up the wall eventually. So much competition out there now, look at how quick Epic games fixed the netcode issues in Fortnite.
  • Mini_Miudo
    edited July 11

It doesn't effect you mate, but guarantee it's the main reason people stopped playing the game. Getting shot around corners, bullets not registering will drive you up the wall eventually. So much competition out there now, look at how quick Epic games fixed the netcode issues in Fortnite.

None of that happens to me unless I'm in the wrong server tbh, which the game sometimes puts you in by default, but you can change it. When I'm in the right server, I get tons of code:leaf errors but no lagging during games.
  • Nogin182

No for sure. It's annoying and has happened to me a lot before but personally I dont think there are any shooters or br's that are as fun as apex.
  • Argie8
    5592 posts Big Money Move
    What do you think of the Ranked Mode? I've never played Apex before but im tempted to jump on if the ranked mode is good. Tired of pubs in Fortnite
  • Azof
    16033 posts World Class
    Argie8 wrote: »
    What do you think of the Ranked Mode? I've never played Apex before but im tempted to jump on if the ranked mode is good. Tired of pubs in Fortnite

going to be awful unless you have two to play with