Apex Legends Thread

Comments

• Mini_Miudo
    9963 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone still playing this? Got to Battle Pass level 110 (max) yesterday, still very much enjoying this game.
  • Azof
    16365 posts World Class
    Nope just too dull and too slow with any updates
  • Mini_Miudo
    Azof wrote: »
    Nope just too dull and too slow with any updates

I really like it still, don't feel the need for more content yet. Although I'd love for them to give us a use for the stupid Legend Tokens lol That's all you get after Lvl 100 and you can't do anything with them.
  • Mini_Miudo
    New patch coming next week btw. Audio improvements and bug fixes.
  • Azof
    16365 posts World Class
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    New patch coming next week btw. Audio improvements and bug fixes.

had a read through, be good to not have people get right up your **** before making a sound but still no new guns or anything to spice the game up so il be passing
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    Anyone still playing this? Got to Battle Pass level 110 (max) yesterday, still very much enjoying this game.

Yeah I play it every now, then, but the netcode is still atrocious.
  • Mini_Miudo
    Retro_G wrote: »

They mentioned they're doing some changes to hit reg in this patch and it'll still have some issues but they'll be able to tell what's going wrong based on people's connection, etc.
  • Retro_G
    edited May 19

They mentioned they're doing some changes to hit reg in this patch and it'll still have some issues but they'll be able to tell what's going wrong based on people's connection, etc.

That's good to hear, I'll give Chris a shout, see if he will do an updated netcode analysis after the patch. Fixing the netcode should be their number one priority, it's atrocious compared to other FPS games.
  • Retro_G
    New update lads!

• Mini_Miudo
    Have known most of the details since last week, very nice update. Still playing this game regularly anyway, but good changes are always welcome. :smiley:
  • xFATAL
    4038 posts National Call-Up
    Any new modes, maps or map expansion with this update or is it all just new skins?
  • Mini_Miudo
    xFATAL wrote: »
    Any new modes, maps or map expansion with this update or is it all just new skins?

Elite Queue mode. You need to finish top5 to play in that mode and once you’re in it you need to keep finishing top5 to stay in it. Nice concept. There’s also challenges that you complete by playing. Bug fixes of course.

There’s a few loot adjustments around the map but no big changes.
  • Mini_Miudo
    Oh yeah, and the best change... whenever you swap a mozambique out for a different weapon, your character will throw the mozambique violently to the floor in a fit of rage. :joy: Only gun that happens with, that’s amazing.
  • Retro_G
    Have known most of the details since last week, very nice update. Still playing this game regularly anyway, but good changes are always welcome. :smiley:

Yeah it's nice to have something to work towards, the elite queue is a lot better. You don't get absolute scrubs on your team in elite. That EA play is coming up soon, should get more info on season 2.
  • Azof
    16365 posts World Class
    New update lads!

this is what it should have been like at the start, but they botched it too hard.

zero chance if I do get back into it of buying the BP again cause as nice as that all looks if they dont keep doing fresh things its gonna be the same stale mess after a week
  • Retro_G
    edited June 8
    Season 2 details, coming July 2nd, video starts at 29 min mark. Ranked competitive coming thankfully, with rewards depending on your rank. B)

• Retro_G
    New update lads!

this is what it should have been like at the start, but they botched it too hard.

zero chance if I do get back into it of buying the BP again cause as nice as that all looks if they dont keep doing fresh things its gonna be the same stale mess after a week
    New update lads!

They're meant to be changing up the map for season 2, would've preferred a brand new map and we will see how this season goes. Rewards sound better.
  • Azof
    16365 posts World Class
    Watched the stream, in all of the months its been out all they could come up with is ranked, one new gun and one new legend I'm deffo not interested in trying it out again
  • xFATAL
    Adding ranked is nice but too late for me. None of my friends have any desire to play anymore without a new map, Map expansion or new game modes like duos, Solos or quads.
  • Mini_Miudo
    I’d love Quads but the new season sounds good. Most people who complain have been ruined by Fortnite. No other game does as many updates as they do. Good for them, but no need to hate on other games because they don’t do the same. lol
  • Azof
    16365 posts World Class
    I’d love Quads but the new season sounds good. Most people who complain have been ruined by Fortnite. No other game does as many updates as they do. Good for them, but no need to hate on other games because they don’t do the same. lol

And for those of us that don't play fortnite and think the game is staler than a loaf of bread left out in the sun for a week?

When season 2 launches game will be out for 148 days and they will have added two legends and two guns, that is shocking post launch support.
  • Retro_G

Season 2 does sound good, can't wait for ranked.
  • Mart
    8009 posts League Winner
    Adding ranked is nice but too late for me. None of my friends have any desire to play anymore without a new map, Map expansion or new game modes like duos, Solos or quads.

This game isn't made for duos, let alone solos. Just doesn't suit the design.
  • Mini_Miudo

And for those of us that don't play fortnite and think the game is staler than a loaf of bread left out in the sun for a week?

When season 2 launches game will be out for 148 days and they will have added two legends and two guns, that is shocking post launch support.

Well, I presume you played Fortnite before and even if not, you're probably comparing it to that. Not many games do constant updates. 2 legends/weapons in 2 seasons seems fine to me as long as They keep doing bug fixes and stability improvements as well. There will be map changes, there's already stuff around the map marking where something new is gonna be built.

This game's core gameplay is what makes it so good and if you find it boring, that's fair enough. That's what makes the game good for me, I don't need a million updates to find the game good. Nor do I want that many updates, Fortnite went way overboard with all the updates and the game is nothing like what I used to enjoy.
  • xFATAL
    Mart wrote: »

I've poured hundreds of hours in the game and disagree completely. Most the char ability's really only benefit the user and while helpful for teamplay they're not completely necessary to win. What exactly wouldn't work if we had Duos or solos?
  • Choepiechakie
    31408 posts National Team Captain

I've poured hundreds of hours in the game and disagree completely. Most the char ability's really only benefit the user and while helpful for teamplay they're not completely necessary to win. What exactly wouldn't work if we had Duos or solos?

Everyone will rock wraith in solos.
  • Retro_G

You'd lose the respawn mechanics with solo, duo would definitely work, not sure about solo. It does your head in getting matched with players who wouldn't hit a barn door with a shotgun. When ranked starts, you won't be playing with bad players anymore and once you reach a decent skill level.
  • xFATAL
    edited June 11

You'd lose the respawn mechanics with solo, duo would definitely work, not sure about solo. It does your head in getting matched with players who wouldn't hit a barn door with a shotgun. When ranked starts, you won't be playing with bad players anymore and once you reach a decent skill level.

Yeah obviously with solos they'd have to reconfigure some things but I believe they could make it work. Still unsure when i'm going to play again with BFV getting big updates i'm giving it one last chance since BF has always been my go to FPS for years, Would really like to see Dice/EA pull it together and get that mess straightened out which they seem to be doing somewhat.
  • Retro_G
    Apex Legends second netcode analysis, it's still has the worst experience for an online FPS game. Such a shame, EA don't seem to care.

• Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    So is dd in apex legends?